Undead warlock-missing felhunter quest chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undead warlock-missing felhunter quest chain

at 30 is when it starts I was a little ahead of the guide so i finished out till it changed to 30..didnt see the chain so i fast forward thru and couldnt find it.

it is kinda important for locks to have all the pets so i thought it was worth mentioning here

all in all the guide is awesome though

If memory serves me correctly the Felhunter quests weren't included in the guides as it has no real value as a solo leveling pet, which is the basis of the guides.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

From a lvl 62 lock.... do NOT waste your time on a felguard. Poor DPS, no aggro hold ='s waste of time for me. Two DoTs and the mob(s) are on you anyway.

My spell line-up is Curse of Agony, Corruption, then Immolate; those are my bread and butter DoT's. Before the Immolate is finished casting the mob is heading my way using the felguard. Now I have to use more mana on spells, which means down time to drink.. and eat to replace the damage I just took. LOTS of downtime.

The voidwalker is still the tool I choose if I have a large mob to pull. I use the felhunter for aggro 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 with my change from affliction to demonology. He can hold aggro pretty well, and my Glyph of Felhunter increases his damage by 20%.

With the Felhunter I can pretty much stick to Cuse of Agony and Corruption, then wand to finish. Saves me mana, and I very very rarely get a mob pulled to me, even now in Outland with 4-5 mobs on the felhunter. I use my wand so often now I replaced my shadow bolt glyph for another; I only shadow bolt bosses in dungeons now. My mana usually needs to be replenished after pulling 4 or 5 separate groups of mobs before I have to drink. Much better than every pull or 2.

Imagine you are now in Outland, you pull 4 - 5 mobs on the felguard, and they all start heading towards you.... not good.

Anyway... I have the imp, voidwalker, sucubus, and felguard, and now the felhunter. If I didnt have the felhunter, I would only be using the VW.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I think you mixed up the Felhunter and Felguard in your post there Kamchak. Felhunter is the quested one that's sometimes usefull in a PvP situation and the Felguard is the Demonology talent pet.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          I think you mixed up the Felhunter and Felguard in your post there Kamchak. Felhunter is the quested one that's sometimes usefull in a PvP situation and the Felguard is the Demonology talent pet.
          Good call Cabby, you're right.

And I have even started to work on bringing my lock to 80.

There goes my "know-it-all" medal.

I still have no use for the felhunter (small brown thing with big mouth). It has never given me an advantage. But I will say, I have never taken my lock to a PvP situation. Perhaps this thing will have a purpose afterall. *shrugs*
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

If I remember right, the Felhunter is good in PvP against casters.

Comment

Working...
            X