Portal instead of arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portal instead of arrow

When I am doing some of my Pandaran daily's and I complete them I get a portal to the Shrine indication instead of an arrow showing me which way to fly to turn in the quest. Sometimes I am less than 500 yards from the quest giver. It is darn annoying.

It's like the guide has forgotten where the NPC is.

I have all the guides updated

any ideas?

You are playing a mage?
    Which which guides does this happen? I'm sure it's the Golden Lotus daily guide in combination with a Horde character as then some of the NPCs may be nearer to the Shrine than to your location and porting there and flying is suggested as being a bit faster.

Did you try turning off the "use comfortable routes" option in the travel system settings of the Zygor addon?

Comment

Yes, I play a mage as well as other races/classes.

This display has been happening on all the daily guides. I know some NPC's are closer but I had it do it to me when I was standing ri ght next to the NPC I was turning in the quest to. I also noticed on the characters I am currently leveling that the hearthstone displays in often inappropriate manner and then never switches to the normal arrow after the hearth was completed. I often have to advance the guide manually one step forward to get the arrow to return.

I turned off "use comfortable routes" and I will see what happens when I next do my dailys and /or questing.

Comment

Also, please make sure your guides are updated to the latest version as we're constantly working on the travel system. One thing you could try is to go into the guide options and on the Profile page click on the Reset Profile button, then type /re into the chat window to reload your UI. This might work to solve some of the issues you're seeing.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Please, I HATE the waypoint arrow changing into the hearthstone / Portal button. Is there a way to turn that off if I dont want to see that? I am sure there are other players who feel the same way. Thank you.

Comment

That is the travel system trying to route you to where you need to go with the fastest method available using anything it can to get you there fast. If you would like to change that option around just right click on the arrow and choose one of the other two options.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X