Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

74 - 75.

Hey Guys,

First off, Thanks a lot Zygor (And his crew ofc'). I Hated leveling till i got your guide. Now i actually think its quite fun.

Onto my problem.

I just finished the 74 - 75 sections and got to the "You should now be blah blah..." I should be 75 but i'm not and i'm at 85% =S

Now I know sometimes you may have to grind a little, but 325k xp?

I have looked back for any steps i might have missed and there are none, there all green except the travel steps that are blue. I'm also wearing looms for the 20% =S

What have I done?

Not really sure why this happened but I can offer a suggestion. Grab a random LFG group and do a dungeon, then skip the step for grinding. If after the first dungeon run it still shows you as being a bit shy of 75 then queue up for another dungeon run. The dungeon runs are normally a whole lot more fun than grinding and you can sometimes pick up a couple pieces of gear upgrades. Overall I don't think moving on with the guide while being 74 will be a problem.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I have the exact same problem. I have done all the steps for lvl. 74, and i am at 77%, where it tells me to grind.

I have done the entire section with rested exp.

Comment

Originally posted by bezeal View Post
        I have the exact same problem. I have done all the steps for lvl. 74, and i am at 77%, where it tells me to grind.

I have done the entire section with rested exp.
        Did you start the guide with a pre-leveled toon?
        If so, where did you start in the guide; at the begining or at the level your toon was on?
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I have used the guide from the start at lvl 1. I managed to get to lvl 75 by doing a few dungeons though, so im past this point now.

But just pointing this out, since there is a gap from 74 to 75 when following the guide.

Comment

I ended up at 71% on level 74 (no rested XP) - I'm hoping to catch up with rested XP on the last 5 levels.

Comment

I find this happens sometimes -- just remember, the guide can't account for you getting a higher drop rate on quest items from killing mobs, etc, so sometimes you get ahead of the guide by pure luck. I always (once I hit level 15) throw in a random now and then just to buff things up.

(But, with most of my alts now using heirlooms, this generally isn't a problem.)
              Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
              Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

I've had this happen before on lower levels (I'm actually leveling my first char past 70 ) But 71% seemed a bit extreme - and maybe something to have a look at.

Generally I'm extremely happy with the guide

Comment

Same problem happened for me as well, on about 70%.
                  I just went forward to 75 quests and I guess I'll have to do grinding later on.

Comment

Run one or two random dungeons with the LFG tool and you'll make up that XP easy without it seeming like a grind.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Another option is to change the slider down to 2, to allow quests up to 2 levels below you to not be considered obsolete. Then start the guide from the beginning again, and kick off SIS and see if it stops on any quests you missed in the last 2 levels.

Comment

I think it's just because you're supposed to kill the green/yellow level monsters on your way instead of avoiding them. It happened to me once, I just went in a battleground and killed people, faster to queue for and more fun than dungeons.

Comment

Try the group quests in dragonblight if your short and dont wanna dungeon que. There on the wanted poster in the main horde area. I forget what its called, but there not in the guide. also once u hit 75 i would suggest doing the ring of blood type quests in zul'drak so you get a little ahead for the later grinds. these quests are worth ~300k xp, with heirlooms its much more
                          80 Paladin
                          80 Hunter
                          74 Shaman
                          71 Death Knight
                          70 Rogue
                          70 Druid
                          64 Warlock
                          --------------------

Comment

Working...
                          X