SIS Skipping ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS Skipping ahead

First of all, I love your guides. Wouldn't play without them now.

I have run into some frustration now though. Often the guide will, for example, say "accept blah quest" followed by some other instruction, then followed by "turn in blah quest", then "accept another blah quest" all at the same step. As soon as I accept the first quest the SIS jumps ahead sometimes one step sometimes several. I know I saw that you have to do something else, so I manually step backwards to where I was and then finish following the instructions. Right now it happened in Horde Guide, Level 51, step 79. It's happening often enough to be annoying at this point.

I don't think this is caused by "skip impossible steps" because it's skipping all but the first "accept quest" instruction and obviously the rest of the instruction is possible.

Any advice?

If the stuff it skips has a blue background then it's trying to skip that stuff to catch up to your level and you can just let the guide do it's thing and not worry about it.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No, sorry, it doesn't have a blue background. Next time it happens I'll reply here with the colour.

Comment

SIS Skipping ahead

Lol, this is like taking the car to the mechanic - as soon as you do the problem disappears. Anyway, I haven't had another recurrence but looked back to the one originally stated and the opaque background was black with the quest and instructions in white on red background, just like all he others.

If/when it does it again, I'll report here, but for now I'm glad it's stopped.

More kudos for these guides, I can't say enough how i love them.

Comment

SIS Skipping ahead

Ok, here's my latest example.

Outland 60-62, Step 18:
          As soon as I turned in "Disrupt their Reinforcements" the guide didn't stay long enough for me to accept "Mission: Gateways Murketh and Shaadraz" (forgive spelling, hard for me to read the text) and skipped ahead to Step 23 "Talk to Martik Tor'seldori - Accept Falcon Watch". Not realizing I'd missed the "accept quest" step, I continued on from 23 which resulted in the guide skipping several steps further along the way. Thinking this was odd, I manually stepped backwards to find out why it was skipping so much and found where I had not accepted Step 18.

When both are in the same step, I think it should skip along after you "accept" rather than after you "turn in".

Because I'm old (grin - 64) my eyes don't always realize that I've missed something when SIS skips so fast.

Addendum: Accepted and completed the missed quest at Step 18, and when I turned it in at Step 20 SIS again skipped forward several steps before I could even think to accept the other 2 quests listed in that step. Of course I was watching for it and manually stepped back to step 20 in order to accept the quests.

Note that this is not the SIS trying to catch up with me, I am level 60 and the Level for this is 60-62. I have the guide set to allow me to be 3 levels ahead, so there is no catch up involved at this point.

Oh, you also mentioned the colour - When I turn in it turns green. The background of the unaccepted quests are red, just like in all quests that I have yet to accept. There's nothing different about them.
          Last edited by Anwen; November 26, 2010, 11:18 AM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

SIS is disabled by the Zygor team at the moment isn't it? Aside from that i had similiar issues before and turned all skipping-features off:

Comment

SIS Skipping

Originally posted by sommerling View Post
              SIS is disabled by the Zygor team at the moment isn't it? Aside from that i had similiar issues before and turned all skipping-features off:

I followed your advice and disabled all skipping-features. Things seem to have settled down nicely.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X