Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northrend - Horde - Howling Ford guide stops at step 84 and tries to load Dragonblight guide. Before the last upgrade & adding the new guides I was already past step 84.

Comment

Have you tried the Repair button in the Updater? I don't see anything wrong in the guide files that would cause this.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yep, tried it twice. If I try to skip the step - having already completed it, it tries to load the next guide. If I mark that step as complete, it tries to load the next guide. Even tried killing a Proto Drake as step 84 requires but no good.

I did notice something else odd, when I click on the Quest Log Cleanup button in the guide, it advises me that 2 of the later quests - Avenge Iskaal and Grezzix Spindlesnap, are not continued in the current guide, this being the Howling Ford guide

Comment

Just to be sure, when you run the Updater does it list your guides as Trial?

Comment

No, none of them show as trial.

Comment

I think I might have spotted something in the guide file but I think it's a long shot. Could you please make an edit to your guide file to test for me? (I'm at work right now so wouldn't be able to log in to do any fix testing)

The file is ZygorLevelingHordeWOTLK.lua located in your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZgyorGuidesViewer/Guides directory. Find step 84 of the Howling Fjord section (line 8186 if you use something like Notepad++) and on the .kill line remove the space between '##23689 |tip'. Normally there's no space before the '|' and this might be causing the error. Please let me know if this fixes it.

Comment

Tried, tested and failed. Looking at that file, I had completed up to step 97 before the upgrade.

Comment

I'm fresh out of ideas for why it's doing this. This is something the team will have to delve into to figure out.

Comment

If found the problem with the Howling Fjord step 84.
                    The guide throws an error on the kill line:
                    .kill Proto-Drake##23689 |tip They fly overhead.
                    After making it non completeable (as the quest goal is below this in the step) it works:
                    .kill Proto-Drake##23689 |n |tip They fly overhead.

Comment

Excellent, thank you, now I just need to remember to check that line after each update until it's re-written

Comment

Silithus (55-57) step 5 has you talk to Geologist Larksbane to pick up "The Twilight Mystery." It has a prerequisite of Doing "Twilight Geolords" and "Vyral the Vile" so you can't pick up that quest just yet. And since it has you do the work for "The Twilight Mystery" on step 12 and you don't do "Vyral the Vile" until step 36, you may want to rethink the order of quests there.

Yes, I know, who does Silithus anymore? I enjoy doing the unexpected.

Comment

I already reported this back in June maybe a goblin got in the guides again.

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...r-in-the-guide
                          You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

Horde Zul'Drak (75-77) step two error

On the Horde guide for the Zul'Drak (75-77), step two, it says

Go to 60,57
                            Talk to Chronicler To'kini
                            Accept ' Just Checkin''

Upon accepting the quest, the guide does not recognize that i have accepted it. Its possible that because the quest ends in an apostraphe and your guide uses apostraphes to mark quests, a space was left out that caused an error in the code. No lua error appeared.

Comment

Blizzard changed this quest. Before you had to turn it in at the Gundrak flight point:
                              http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13099
                              Now it looks like this quest is turned in inside Gundrak:
                              http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29836
                              So probably this quest should be completely removed from the guide (Alliance also affected).

Comment

EDIT: Beat me to it by a couple seconds Cartman

Comment

Working...
                                X