Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might have been said before, when you turn off Enable Dynamic Progress, it stop quests being auto accepted, even when the setting is ticked. Auto turn in still works.

Comment

Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 (20-25) Step 52: says to pick up Can You Smell What the Lok'tar is Cooking? but this is part of long chain that the SIS skips. Apparently you have to do the rather amusing Welcome To The Machine quest for this to activate. Looks like sending those three on quests is what connects them to other parts of the chain. This is a very odd long chain of quests that is quite tangled. If you look at wowpedia it looks like you have to do like 25 quests for this chain. But you don't. I'll post more if I run into anymore problems.
      Last edited by silgo76; January 4, 2011, 12:36 AM. Reason: wowpedia was wrong.. sort of

Comment

Is this after the update to the guide today?
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

step 57 Mount Hyjal, guide tells you to pick up the quest from Kristoff Manheim, but he doesn't give any quests, at least on 80 level

Comment

Originally posted by movingheroes View Post
            step 57 Mount Hyjal, guide tells you to pick up the quest from Kristoff Manheim, but he doesn't give any quests, at least on 80 level
            This is a Blizzard bug, many people complain that he does not give the quest. I got the quest with three chars so far.
            It is safe to skip this quest, there are even enough quests for the achievement.

Comment

Getting frustrated with this guide now.......... So the Kalimdor level 55 horde guide sends me to Un'Goro Crater and the first few quests require me to kill level 48, 49 mobs and I'm level 58! lol. So I decide I'll reset my dynamic progress and see what happens and when i try to click the little lightning bolt it won't work and I get a pop-up that says "Dynamic progress not available. Only leveling guides support dynamic progress. It wouldn't make sense to use it with your currently selected guide."

Man am I glad I decided to hold off on buying the 80-85 and dailies guides.

Comment

The problem is that questing became very linear in the old zones. So if you don't do the first quests qu'll most likely not unlock other quests there.
                But Un'Goro seems to be a bit too low for a 58. Maybe that's because there is a long quest chain that sends you to Winterspring which is suitable for your level.
                One thing you can try is to get the quest Warchief's Command: Blasted Lands! and go to step 137 in the Kalimdor 55-60 guide which sends you to Blasted Lands. Instead of the first quest the guide tells you to turn in there just turn in the Warchief's Command quest and you should be able to do the zone.
                With 58 you can also go to Outlands.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. What I did was I loaded the Eastern Kingdom level 55-60 guide. It sent me back to winterspring to do a quest I didn't have a ! for (lol) which I skipped and then it sent me to blasted lands which is where I should be.

Comment

There are some pretty long quest chains in the Crater and Felwood that send you to Winterspring. I don't know what is left of the quests after Cataclysm but at least the Furbolg quests still exist.
                    Good to see you managed to get back on track.

Comment

Eastern Kingdoms (20-25) the guide never increases in level.. says Level 20 the entire time.. which means SIS skips bunches of stuff. Then it tells you to get Warchief's Command: Arathi Highlands which is a Level 25 quest after which there are more quests and then you get the "You Should Now Be Level 25".. and the next guide. So the Arathi quest is early even if the guide did level correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by silgo76 View Post
                        Eastern Kingdoms (20-25) the guide never increases in level.. says Level 20 the entire time.. which means SIS skips bunches of stuff. Then it tells you to get Warchief's Command: Arathi Highlands which is a Level 25 quest after which there are more quests and then you get the "You Should Now Be Level 25".. and the next guide. So the Arathi quest is early even if the guide did level correctly.
                        Do you have the newest version of the guide 1648?
                        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.
                        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                          Do you have the newest version of the guide 1648?
                          yes I have the latest version of the guide

Comment

I searched in the guide file and can confirm that ding 21-24 are only available in the Horde Kalimdor guide. Ding 25 is in both guides.
                            What also looks a bit strange is that Kalimdor 20-25 has 156 steps and Eastern Kingdoms 20-25 only 92. This may be correct though.

Comment

Originally posted by bobjr350 View Post
                              Getting frustrated with this guide now.......... So the Kalimdor level 55 horde guide sends me to Un'Goro Crater and the first few quests require me to kill level 48, 49 mobs and I'm level 58! lol. So I decide I'll reset my dynamic progress and see what happens and when i try to click the little lightning bolt it won't work and I get a pop-up that says "Dynamic progress not available. Only leveling guides support dynamic progress. It wouldn't make sense to use it with your currently selected guide."

Man am I glad I decided to hold off on buying the 80-85 and dailies guides.
                              I'm going to guess that you're a Death Knight. There's a SPECIFIC 55-60 DK route the guide wants you take, which is why you get that dynamic progress error. The guide is probably assuming you're not a DK (I had to select DK myself from the guide list) and the reason you're fighting level 48,49 mobs is because it's a part of a quest chain that will end up in your "55ish" level.

Comment

Downloaded the update today. Was running my 20-something Goblin through Kalimdor.

At 31, step 20, Kalimdor quests 20-25 it says "add the nobuff tag for the correct buff so the step completes'. I believe the code has been added because I was able to complete the step but this reminder remains in the dialog.

Comment

Working...
                                X