Suggestion for Horde Death Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for Horde Death Knight

I only have one character,a level 66 undead Mage and I am loving it. I think it's time to try something new. Are there any advantages in the race that you choose?

Not really, I find the BE racial ability to be a nice added means to silence an opponent but I believe in the end that it really doesn't matter which race you pick, just a matter of personal preference.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks, I'm thinking Blood Elf or Orc. Might try Orc since a lot of peeps in my guild are Blood elves.

Comment

Orcs are awesome for the mini-bloodlust ability. If you want to raid or do lots of instances where you care about your dps then orc is the way to go

Undead has the best pvp racial in the game with will of the forsaken.

Female bloodelves for dropdead gorgeous sexiness. I still get a little moist whenever I log my belf rogue

Tauren male if you want to roll a tank and/or see your gear at it's best gear doesn't look so good on the smaller races (undead/bloodelf) - the stam buff and warstomp is nice for tanks

I dunno about alliance racials much.

Comment

yeah, don't really care about alliance racial's yet until the new expansion comes out then I'll create a DK with the new race. Might need Zygor's alliance guide by then LOL.

Anyway I think I will go ORC but since I love casting spells will that be a problem or is the DK loaded with casting ability? Sorry not that familiar with them since all that I have played is an undead Mage and he rocks.
          I'm more of a Battlemage type of guy, I like to cast spells out of no where when I up closed and personal wielding a sword or axe.

your thoughts

Comment

Im going to make my lvl 52 warlock, Kamchak, into a DK. Ill let you know how the spells work with him, as he will be my first.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
              Im going to make my lvl 52 warlock, Kamchak, into a DK. Ill let you know how the spells work with him, as he will be my first.
              well your Warlock is going to make you eligible to create a DK not replace him, right?

Comment

Not sure... never made one before. I should hit 55 in a couple days playtime. I'll let you know how it turns out. Im kind of fond of my warlock.... but he is a squishy. Need more hootzva to go with the kickin spell damage.

Comment

DKs don't cast spells like most casters do so the race won't affect mana regen. DKs don't use mana but instead use a rune system for 75% of their casting abilities and use runic power (think rage for warriors) for the remainder of their casting spells.

And yes, once you hit 55 you don't lose any current characters, you just gain the ability to create a new DK.

Comment

WOOT!!! I keep my squishy! Awsome.
                    Thanks Cabby

Comment

Well I created an Orc DK and am trying to free myself from the Lich King so I can wreck havoc on the Outlands. Since I'm lvl 55 when do I get to apply talent points? Zygor guides rox!

Comment

I am going to be asking you a LOT of questions when I get my DK

Comment

As you go thru the whole 'freeing yourself from the Lich King' portion you'll receive talent points as part of quest rewards. By the time you leave that area and have to make your shameful run thru Org getting fruit thrown at you you'll be caught up in talent points to be equivalent to any other level 55 character.

For leveling purposes I highly suggest using a blood build, either the one that's provided with the talent advisor or the one that I created over in the talent builds thread. Once you get the improved blood aura (think that was the name, talent gives half of the blood presence while using frost or unholy) then you'll want to swap to using frost aura for the extra armor buff while still having all the healing coming in from the blood aura.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            As you go thru the whole 'freeing yourself from the Lich King' portion you'll receive talent points as part of quest rewards. By the time you leave that area and have to make your shameful run thru Org getting fruit thrown at you you'll be caught up in talent points to be equivalent to any other level 55 character.

For leveling purposes I highly suggest using a blood build, either the one that's provided with the talent advisor or the one that I created over in the talent builds thread. Once you get the improved blood aura (think that was the name, talent gives half of the blood presence while using frost or unholy) then you'll want to swap to using frost aura for the extra armor buff while still having all the healing coming in from the blood aura.
                            Now that was a trip! The only reason I created a DK this early was to level his cooking during the Pilgrims bounty. I arrived in Orgrimmar and headed straight to the pilgrims table . After a leveled cooking to 40 I was heading to the AH. A guard was just chilling near the gate and out of the blue he spit on me and I was like WTF!

Comment

Working...
                            X