Not too thrilled with purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not too thrilled with purchase

A few weeks ago I saw a lot of advertising for the Zygor guides, and decided to purchase them. I've used another product in the past that worked perfectly but was based off of printouts I had to use. More recently I used some online guides which were 100% accurate and had quests lined up in the exact right order. I tried Zygor because of the massive promotion of the SIS system.

To my dismay, right after I purchased it and tried it, I ran in to number of problems with how my quests were determined, came to the forums, and saw any number of posts about how the last update messed up the game, moderators want people to report all of the bugs\problems, etc.. and I waited for a few weeks as Zygor keeps mentioning a brand new system.

As of 2 days ago the SIS system was still making improper choices - specifically, it ignored the beginning and middle steps of Fiona's caravan in East Plaguelands. It kept telling me to meet up NPCs that weren't there because I hadn't done the quest chains. It really ticked me off and I spent a lot of wasted time going back manually though the quest chain via the Zygor plugin, and then had to waste even more going back and doing them.

Guys, I feel like I paid a lot of $$ for a product that was known to be broken at the time I purchased it and you still haven't fixed it. I have little trust when the system skips ANYTHING at this point because it feels like I'm going to miss some vital start for a new quest chain.

If you aren't going to fix it, can I get my money back and try another product? If you are going to fix it, WHEN are you going to have a new version out that actually works like you advertise it to?

Thanks...

Zygor has said that the new SIS should be done soon. There hasn't been a specific date given yet (he normally doesn't give an exact date so that there isn't any misunderstandings if something gets delayed) but I'd estimate in the next couple of weeks we should see it.

In the meantime, to help stop the skipping you've experienced there is a temporary work-around. Go into the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options, adjust the slider all the way to the right, and un-check (empty) the 3 check boxes. This will disable the SIS and force the guides to display all of the steps. With those settings the only time the guide should skip anything is if you've already done the quest.

I know you're new to the Zygor guides, and right now it seems like the guides might not have been worth the money you spent, but trust me in that once Zygor gets all the bugs worked out you'll think these guides are best thing ever. Zygor just simply tried to give too much to his customers at once with the Cata expansion and the new guide viewer, and it kinda bit him in the arse. Now he's playing a little bit of catch-up, but once he's caught up and it's running smoothly you'll wonder why you ever used anything else.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

With the setting Cabby suggests the guides are good and usable.
      At very low levels and especially with heirlooms you may get ahead of the guide and see a few grey quests and mobs. But that's not a big problem, you'll still level fast.
      The zygor team simply underestimated the problems of the linear questing in the 1-60 content and tried to fix the current SIS by chaining all quests together. But WoW became so linear that it is nearly impossible to skip quests inside a zone so they decided to change the SIS a bit late.
      We are all waiting for the SIS overhaul.
      And I'm sure it will be worth it.

Comment

Notwithstanding the OP's legitimate grievance, I've not had any problems levelling with SIS disabled. Even with the 20% heirloom XP bonus I've never been more than 2 or 3 levels ahead of the guide and quests have never been less than "green". Some quest mobs have been grey, but that has been rare.

This is pure questing without running dungeons or BGs.

Comment

So where do I need to go to get to the "Dynamic Progression Section"?? I have looked everywhere but cannot see it.....

Comment

There is no Dynamic Progression option anymore. To use the new SIS system click the guide drop down in the guide viewer and then click the suggest button.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
            X