engineering mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engineering mounts

probably a stupid question, but are the engineering mounts included in this guide or is that part of the professions guide?

Doing a quick look thru the guide files I see the Flying Machine and the Turbo-Charged Flying Machine in the Flying Mounts section, but the Mekgineer's Chopper is listed in the Gold Only Mounts section of the Ground Mounts (but if you're an engineer it will show you what materials are needed to make it). I believe this is because anyone can buy and use the chopper but the flying machines can only be used by Engineers.

The Professions guides are geared more toward helping you raise your level from 1-525, not toward finding all recipes, etc.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks to the guide you can raise engineering from 0 to 300 and craft the Flying Machine in 2 hours if you have enough gold to buy mats on the AH. I did this on a new char on a new realm at level 70. A rare purple shield dropped in Burning Steppes which I managed to sell for 16000 gold on the AH

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        Doing a quick look thru the guide files I see the Flying Machine and the Turbo-Charged Flying Machine in the Flying Mounts section, but the Mekgineer's Chopper is listed in the Gold Only Mounts section of the Ground Mounts (but if you're an engineer it will show you what materials are needed to make it). I believe this is because anyone can buy and use the chopper but the flying machines can only be used by Engineers.

The Professions guides are geared more toward helping you raise your level from 1-525, not toward finding all recipes, etc.
        kinda disappointed the choppers gold only, was really looking forward to that one. on my server last i checked it was rather steep.. rather farm the parts/schematic my self to be honest. i dont suppose their would be any chance it could be added in a update for those of us who would rather farm for it? and also on the flying machine the guide does show you step by step where to farm each individual parts like on the professions guide, doesnt it?

Comment

They probably did not make a farming guide for the chopper as the things you need to buy from a vendor cause the bigger costs than getting the other stuff from the auction house. Especially titan ore is rather difficult to get in the needed quantity.

Here's what you need to get if you're a miner:
          34-80 cobalt ore (you get 1-3 cobalt bolts from 2 cobalt bars so you need to create handful of cobalt bolts 17-40 times out of 34-80 cobalt bars)
          72 titanium ore, 12 eternal fire, 12 eternal earth, 12 eternal shadow (smelt 36 Titanium bars and then 12 Titansteel bars)
          From skinning you can get 2 arctic furs.

Comment

As Cartman says, there are vendor only items that need to be purchased in K3 (Storm Peaks) that only an Engineer with a 450 skill or higher can purchase. These are quite costly to buy. You'll need 8 Goblin-Machined Pistons costing 8000g, 1 Salvaged Iron Golem Parts costing 3000g, and 1 Elementium-Plated Exhaust Pipe (limited quantity available so might not have any at the time) for 1500g. That's a total of 12,500g just for those vendor parts to make the chopper. If you add in the costs of the other items needed this can easily push the price to purchase a chopper up over 15k on the AH.

And no, the Mounts guide does not show you where to farm the items for the 2 flying machines, but you can hold Ctrl + Alt in the Professions guide to go back to those farming routes to gather what you'll need for the mounts.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              They probably did not make a farming guide for the chopper as the things you need to buy from a vendor cause the bigger costs than getting the other stuff from the auction house. Especially titan ore is rather difficult to get in the needed quantity.

Here's what you need to get if you're a miner:
              34-80 cobalt ore (you get 1-3 cobalt bolts from 2 cobalt bars so you need to create handful of cobalt bolts 17-40 times out of 34-80 cobalt bars)
              72 titanium ore, 12 eternal fire, 12 eternal earth, 12 eternal shadow (smelt 36 Titanium bars and then 12 Titansteel bars)
              From skinning you can get 2 arctic furs.
              Alternatively while farming for the Titanium (if you choose to do it this way) also mine any saronite you see and get an alchemist to transmute 8 saronite bars into a titanium bar.
              ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

Working...
              X