OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this guide really as bad as it seems??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this guide really as bad as it seems??

So I've been debating whether or not to get this guide for a while. Then with MoP coming out, my desire to get better mounts, the battle pet thing coming out, and my main being a hunter. I decided to pull the trigger.

What I found was a pretty pathetic guide!! Most all the pets/mounts are just one step, "Complete XXXXX achievement, then pick up pet/mount from mail" It doesn't walk you through the achievement to get the pet. It simply tells you to complete it. Had I known, I would have bought the achievement guide (but that might have the same issue). Does the achievement guide walk you through the achievement, or does it just tell you what you have to do to complete it (the same info you get in the achievement tab). Then maybe I should get the dungeon guide, since many of the mounts are tried to achievements which are completed inside of dungeons. But is that going to be helpful? I don't know until i buy the guide. I understand Zygor wanting to monetize all of their guides. But the Pets and Mounts guide is pretty worthless since many of the pets and mounts are tied to achievements and dungeons.

The pets guide is really not a good example of ZG's quality in my opinion.

Yes. The achievements guide will walk you though step by step how to complete the achievement. It's great quality.

Comment

Which pets or mounts did you look up in the guide that didn't give you step by step instructions for obtaining them?
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Without looking, the only one I remember off the top of my head is the Volcanic Stone Drake. It was one step: Complete The Glory of the Cataclysm Hero achievement. But I selected several different mounts and found similar results. But again the mount is achievement related which is dungeon related. My main goal is to get the mount, but I need help in knowing what to do in the dungeons to get the individual achievements to get the mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          Which pets or mounts did you look up in the guide that didn't give you step by step instructions for obtaining them?
          You seem to have missed the original poster's concern.

He said:
          What I found was a pretty pathetic guide!! Most all the pets/mounts are just one step, "Complete XXXXX achievement, then pick up pet/mount from mail" It doesn't walk you through the achievement to get the pet. It simply tells you to complete it.
          His comment implies to me (and, it should to you, too) that the "Guide" does not work. The Guide he referenced should provide steps for ANY/ALL pets/mounts (which the Guide was supposedly designed to do). Why are you now asking him for specifics about which "pets or mounts"? Shouldn't they have been included in that Guide (and tested to work properly)?

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
            You seem to have missed the original poster's concern.

He said:

His comment implies to me (and, it should to you, too) that the "Guide" does not work. The Guide he referenced should provide steps for ANY/ALL pets/mounts (which the Guide was supposedly designed to do). Why are you now asking him for specifics about which "pets or mounts"? Shouldn't they have been included in that Guide (and tested to work properly)?
            If kqkyler has need for more info he/she is welcome to post followup questions.

If you have an issue with a guide you are more than welcome to post your issues. We'll handle the customers, yourself included.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
              If kqkyler has need for more info he/she is welcome to post followup questions.
              I do have need of more information. I guess I was hoping that you would read what I wrote, understand my concern and respond to it. Although this is just one example (of which there are many from the guide I could choose from), it looks like you need more specific followup questions.

If I want the Volcanic Stone Drake mount, which guide it going to give me step by step instructions (what achievements do I still need, what dungeons do I need to go in to accomplish the achievements, what do I need to do in the dungeon, what is the best on how to accomplish the achievement, what order should I do them in, how do I get to the dungeons, etc.)?
              -Pets and Mounts
              -Dungeons and Gear
              -Professions and Achievements

You leveling guide is great and provides all of this easy to follow, step-by-step instruction. I don't get why this guide is so lacking.

The problem inherent of having so many different guide and having them all separated is that they are all very intertwined in the game. I assumed that the Pets and Mounts guide would include the different parts of the different guide to walk me through step by step on how to get every mount and pet. Is this not the case? Do I have to buy all three of those guides to complete the one task I'm trying to accomplish? I don't understand.

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post

Comment

Well, sticking with the mount you posted as the example, that achievement is something that you need to have a really good group running Heroics to do. Our guides are currently geared toward solo aspects and helping people to learn the game. What you need to do for this is more group oriented and more end game oriented stuff. (that doesn't quite sound like what I'm trying to say but hopefully you'll understand the intention) The achievements needed to earn the Glory of the Cataclysmic Hero achievement is something you'll need a good group dynamic for since you need to run heroics to get them all. What you're essentially asking is for a guide to tell you what you need to tell other players to do so you can get the achievement.

All that said, the team may have come up with something better in this regard with the new guides being released on Monday. I have not seen the new guides yet so I can't just say that it's going to work like you want. I know they have been working toward more integration between the various guides, but until I see them I can't say just how well something like this would work.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

First off kqkyler, you are right, I did not address your specific question. You have my apologies for that.
                  Adding to what Cabby said, once people get rolling with +85 toons there will be a surge in heroic Cata runs to get the mount, same as what happened in Cata. Once ppl had a lvl 85 there was a rush to get the LK mount.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    Well, sticking with the mount you posted as the example, that achievement is something that you need to have a really good group running Heroics to do. Our guides are currently geared toward solo aspects and helping people to learn the game. What you need to do for this is more group oriented and more end game oriented stuff. (that doesn't quite sound like what I'm trying to say but hopefully you'll understand the intention) The achievements needed to earn the Glory of the Cataclysmic Hero achievement is something you'll need a good group dynamic for since you need to run heroics to get them all. What you're essentially asking is for a guide to tell you what you need to tell other players to do so you can get the achievement.

All that said, the team may have come up with something better in this regard with the new guides being released on Monday. I have not seen the new guides yet so I can't just say that it's going to work like you want. I know they have been working toward more integration between the various guides, but until I see them I can't say just how well something like this would work.
                    I understand that, and hopefully the guide gets better on Monday. The guide however isn't sold as a "Pets and Mounts (Any Pets or Mounts needing a group Excluded). Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought it. The guide is sold as "Get some of best and rarest mounts out there with our step-by-step guide." The best and rarest are all end game or group/dungeon/raid mounts.

But even little things like Lil Timmy's White Kitten, I found more information online for free than I did in your paid for guide. Spawn location 47.1, 56.7 and spawns every 2-3 hours and I even found his patrol circuit. I understand I can get all of the information I need online for all of these mounts and pets. The point is we pay for these guides so we don't have to.

Comment

First off kqkyler, you are right, I did not address your specific question. You have my apologies for that.
                      Adding to what Cabby said, once people get rolling with +85 toons there will be a surge in heroic Cata runs to get the mount, same as what happened in Cata. Once ppl had a lvl 85 there was a rush to get the LK mount.
                      I don't understand what this has to do with anything.

Comment

uhm.... ok. You want a cata mount requiring a group effort, I responded to it specifically that time. But no matter. GL with your mount goals.

Comment

uhm.... ok. You want a cata mount requiring a group effort, I responded to it specifically that time. But no matter. GL with your mount goals.
                          I didn't mean to be rude. I just didn't understand what your post had to do with any of my concerns about the Zygor guide not including instructions on getting the mounts I wanted.

Do you work with zygorguides.com or are you just a commentor?

Comment

Kamchak is a forum moderator and not on the Zygor payroll.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yeah, I dont get paid to be here. I have less than a full life, it seems.

And I didnt take your post as rude at all, just that what I was trying to convey didnt come off as understood. Add to that Cabby is taking care of you, and whala, no more need to be here for Kam.

Comment

Working...
                              X