OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the guide once gathering is levelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the guide once gathering is levelled?

Hi,

I want to make use of the really useful 'paths' that show up when levelling a gathering profession. However now that I'm levelled, they don't show up.

How can I use the guide to (re)show the paths for gathering professions?
    I tried using the method of stepping through the guides outlined here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...rk-for-farming

but for some reason it doesn't seem to show some steps I know I use during levelling. For example, I know the guide required me to mine in Deepholm, but I just can't get to that step!

Quite often, as I step through the steps using Ctrl+Alt, it just says "Skipping next part of farming". Is this the problem?

The chat window shows the following message "ERROR! Cannot jump from step 49 to label '+exit'. This is guide Mining 1-525 Levelling Guide. Please report this, providing a generated Bug Report"

I looked through the mining guide without smelting and it does not send you to Deepholm.
    The only Cataclysm zones it sends you are Hyjal and Twilight Highlands.
    I plan to make custom farming guides as I did not hear about them being included by the Zygor team. But it takes some time as I can't (and don't want tot) copy paste Zygor's farming routes.

As a sidenote, the step numbers still count all steps even if sections are skipped. So if you CTRL+ALT click through the guide you will notice that the step numbers increase one by one while you will see gaps if the guide skips steps.

The error message is a minor bug, the last skip command before farming in Twilight Highlands has a wrong label for the next section. But the next section is only the last step of the guide. I'll put it on the bug list if Cabby did not put it there already.

Comment

I have wondered the same thing. These guides really need to make the routes available for farming otherwise they are not much use for anything once the skill is leveled.

Comment

I think I can start working on farming routes the next days. I just had to finish another guide I was working on (a set of guides that tell you which dungeons you already visited by showing nice 0% or 100% values in the guide list, depending mostly on the achievements except the three End Time dungeons, they don't seem to have achievements).

Comment

Is there anyway way not to skip to your Current level?? I have a toon that's almost leveled mining (520 of 525) and have a new toon with Blacksmithing. I'm tring to mine copper and get the path back in the Elwynn forest with the high level toon. It's much faster to fly than to run around. When i bring up mining (with my high level toon) it redirects me to Minning 355-425 and skips the low mining levels (with the nice paths for the low level minerals)..

Thought I had done it before maybe I'm forgeting how to do it..
          Thanks.
          Goin

Comment

You can hold CTRL and ALT pressed when clicking the previous and next step buttons (or keys you assigned for this) to move through the guide without skipping.

Also I'm currently working on farming guides but it takes quite some time for a one man show to do these guides. I try to get the ore farming guides finished the next days.

Comment

For mining copper in Elwynn Forest you need to fly around the outer boundary from Stormwind around the lake and then down the east side of the logging camp, fly along the road to Tower of Azora then along the small ridge to the fargodeep mine, then head down to where the murlocs are by the river along the westfall elwynn boundary up behind westfall garrison then fly back to sw, i honestly dont know why you need a guide for mining. The other option is to fly circuits around Dun Morogh or Darkshore there are plenty of copper nodes there as well.
              ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

I made ore farming guides up to Fel Iron so there's still some work to do. For Copper I used Darkshore for Alliance and Durotar for Horde.
                I just wanted to release them when I'm done with the ores, herbs may take some more time, I think routing is more difficult for that.

Comment

I am also having a problem getting the CTRL+ALT click to take one step at a time. When I do this with a leveled toon it says "redirecting to mining finale" and then send me to step 46. I need to used the copper mining but cannot use the guide.

Comment

Normally this should work, even with a key assigned to the previous and next step functions.
                    Just hold CTRL and ALT pressed when clicking the next step button.
                    If you want to assign keys to the previous and next step functions you can do it in the standard keybinding interface, there's a section for the Zygor guide.
                    Maybe there's another addon interfering and using keys will work.

Comment

Working...
                    X