Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewlcrafting Gudie

Hi,

I have to say i am a bit disappointed with you jewlcrafting guide (only profession one i have tried so far, will be trying more later)

I am doing it with a level 80, starting from fresh and also gathering all mats myself.

Well here are my problems with the guide:
    • Does not take into account my +10 mining pic, wont let me have gather mats until i reach the level even if i am over if my +10 is taken into account.
    • Tells me to learn a mining still had had to learn to get to that step, I.E i am heading to outlands so i have to learn smelt Adamantit bar even though i had to just use it to get to that level.
    • Not dynamic enough, what i mean here is why are you stuck on me having to get 50 tin bars, when if i get 30 tin and 20 silver i will get the same amount of grafting levels? this was the most annoying part for me, i mined everything that i saw following your paths, so i ended up with loads of silver but not a lot of what i was suppose to have, but if you take into account all the silver it will offset the missing items, surely this is good if i can level quicker?
    • Nagrand route, i only saw ores every 3 laps i did, why not give us a option to click different route and make us go to a different area? i checked and people in zone where leveling not mining the ore, so another route in different zone could have helped
    • Ant Trail Route, this is killing my computer, dont ask me why but for some reason when i went outlands it hated it, making the game very laggy, one i hid the guide, only leaving static route it was perfectly fine, possible a bug?

To me it seems your guide is a bit out of date and hopefully with the point i have made you can improve it.

I am not yet max level so, fingers crossed WotLK area is better

Edit: Sorry for title spelling mistake

Some things I can answer.
    1. A mining pick is a problem as are glove enchants, I don't know if the guide can detect a skill bonus granted by items.
    Also I'm not sure if the bonus applies to gathering and smelting. Back in the old days I tried the glove enchant and yes, I could gather ores earlier but I was unable to learn the smelting earlier. So this was pretty useless. Maybe Blizzard changed this, I don't know.
    2. If the guide tells you to learn something you need to open the profession window once so the guide can detect what recipes you know. There's no way detect this other than that.
    3. The problem with the silver is that it depends on luck how much you get.
    Another problem with the guide is when you start halfway through a profession. The buy step still tells you to buy the whole stuff for that section and not what you need for the amount of points you need.
    Quite difficult to take all this into account with an ingame addon. Maybe the guide viewer can get enhanced to take this into account.
    4. I didn't try the Nagrand route but normally Nagrand is a good place to farm ores. Perhaps someone was really farming there too, maybe from the other faction. I once had the same issue in Hellfire while gathering Fel Iron.
    5. Performance drops with the routing may be an addon conflict, did you try with all other addons turned off?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

1: Its not a major issue it just gets annoying.
      2: Thats was the whole problem, i had to make 20 bars of it (adamamite? bar), so i had the window open to do that, then it tells me to go learn it.
      3: I know silver is hard which is why it would be nice it it can take into account it extra if you have it, and it was a fresh start with the profession, it also does estimate how much you need for skill points so it might just need a tweak to work out how much you need for that section?
      4: Which is why i thought adding alternate routes to be a good idea, so not just have Nagrand but have Silvermoon as a option to go to.
      5: Yes i am sure, had it as only addon, and when i turn ant trails off in menu game runs perfectly

Comment

The problem with the amount of reagents lies in the coding. The numbers are fixed written in the guide files. Making it totally dynamic would require som rework of the guide viewer as the guide needs to know what to craft later on and what reagents are needed for each item to craft and then sum them up.
        People already complained about the memory usage of the guide

About the farming routes we'll see if we get some official farming guides. If not I'll finish my farming guides and may implement additonal routes. But that takes some time.

I think someone else had problems with the ant trails in the past but I can't remember if he found out what caused the problem. I did not find the thread with a quick search, perhaps I stumble across it later.

Comment

For the Tin vs. Silver, if the guide tells you to farm 50 tin this is for use later on with breaking it up looking for gems or to use in the crafting of the JC items, not for trying to raise the skill of the mining profession. If you were running the actual mining guide it would not tell you what to mine, just show you a path and tell you to get so many points to get to the next farming path.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            The problem with the amount of reagents lies in the coding. The numbers are fixed written in the guide files. Making it totally dynamic would require som rework of the guide viewer as the guide needs to know what to craft later on and what reagents are needed for each item to craft and then sum them up.
            People already complained about the memory usage of the guide

About the farming routes we'll see if we get some official farming guides. If not I'll finish my farming guides and may implement additonal routes. But that takes some time.

I think someone else had problems with the ant trails in the past but I can't remember if he found out what caused the problem. I did not find the thread with a quick search, perhaps I stumble across it later.
            I see what you mean but from a speed leveling point i think it would be a great benefit over other guides out, but like you say if people dont like memory usage i suppose it wont be possible

i have solved the ant trail problem by just hiding the guide, which stops the train from moving but keeps arrow working, so i still kinda get the same thing, just no lag.

if i knew how to make a addon i would certainly try and make it myself but i dont have a clue

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            For the Tin vs. Silver, if the guide tells you to farm 50 tin this is for use later on with breaking it up looking for gems or to use in the crafting of the JC items, not for trying to raise the skill of the mining profession. If you were running the actual mining guide it would not tell you what to mine, just show you a path and tell you to get so many points to get to the next farming path.
            its not a issue of tin v silver its a thought of why not use the silver i mined to help level jewlcrafting, seems like wasted potential

Comment

Probably because there's only 3 recipes that use silver, and one of those needs a bronze setting so it would still need the tin. And you got lucky with the silver, most of the time you're not able to find it that readily.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                Probably because there's only 3 recipes that use silver, and one of those needs a bronze setting so it would still need the tin. And you got lucky with the silver, most of the time you're not able to find it that readily.
                Ok sure i might have gotten lucky, but why not level using 1 silver bar so that i dont need tin???

Comment

Working...
                X