Gathering List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gathering List

I am trying to farm mats to leveling Blacksmithing on my toon, but at the moment I already have 2 professions and will not be actually learning blacksmith until I am able to drop Mining and I was wondering if there is a way to just get the list of mats so I can farm them effectively. Or is it completely accurate to just keep skipping ahead to the next gathering stage without farming too many mats. I know sometimes the guide takes into account your current level and wasn't sure if the gathering lists are set or dynamic based on your current level of your profession which in this case for me would be zero because I do not actually have said profession on this toon.

The gathering/AH list is based on which section of the guide you are working and the following sections. So if you were in the 1-75 section it would have you gather enough copper to cover any copper that would be needed in the 75-150 section, but if you were in the 75-150 section it would only have you gather enough for that section.

What I would suggest doing, if you want to farm everything ahead of time, is to start at the first step of the Blacksmithing guide and write down what it has there for your needed mats from the AH step. Then hold the Ctrl + Alt keys and step forward to the next AH purchase step and write down those mats. If there is the same mat listed again (i.e. copper in both steps) just ignore that mat. Then keep stepping thru to the next AH step and keep writing down mats and ignore duplicate mats.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by doggettbangz View Post
      I am trying to farm mats to leveling Blacksmithing on my toon, but at the moment I already have 2 professions and will not be actually learning blacksmith until I am able to drop Mining and I was wondering if there is a way to just get the list of mats so I can farm them effectively. Or is it completely accurate to just keep skipping ahead to the next gathering stage without farming too many mats. I know sometimes the guide takes into account your current level and wasn't sure if the gathering lists are set or dynamic based on your current level of your profession which in this case for me would be zero because I do not actually have said profession on this toon.
      What's your other profession?

Comment

Thank you Cabby I will do that.

And Bomyne my 2 professions at the moment are Mining and Engineering, but I am ultimately trying to have Engineering and Blacksmithing on this toon. That is why I am trying to farm everything ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by doggettbangz View Post
          Thank you Cabby I will do that.

And Bomyne my 2 professions at the moment are Mining and Engineering, but I am ultimately trying to have Engineering and Blacksmithing on this toon. That is why I am trying to farm everything ahead of time.
          Ah.

Do you have another high level toon? If so i'd recommend having that toon take up mining. Otherwise itd be expensive when you want to make something with either crafting profession

Comment

Yeah, I already plan on the next toon I level being a gatherer (mining and skinning as I already have an herbalist on one of my max level characters). Thank you though!

Comment

Working...
            X