Mining (without Smelting) - Step 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining (without Smelting) - Step 18

As I indicated in my last post, I decided to switch to the no-smelting Mining guide because that other guide thought I was ready to learn a Mining level 115 skill at level 96.

Now I have a similar problem. It had me mine tin in Northern Stranglethorn. Afterward, I switched back to the "with Smelting" guide and did the gold smelting it had wanted me to do. Since it wanted me to buy Thorium Ore, I decided to switch back to the no-smelting guide and the first thing it tells me (on step 18) is to learn Master Miner skill. Oops.

I'm at level 150, I just barely learned Expert. After that comes Artisan and then Master, but Zygor thinks at level 150 I should learn Master which really requires skill level 275.

I just wanted it to tell me where I should next farm ores.

By the way, my character is level 70 and I'm trying to catch up his professions before I head to Northrend.

I think I'll just go back to leveling. My professions progress tonight cleared bag and bank space, which is what I really wanted. With my XP bonus gear, I level too fast to make keeping professions caught up to my leveling zones a challenge. So, I'm going back to plan A and level up and then worry about professions later.

Try doing a repair in the Updater for your guides. You're all over the place and nothing you say follows what's in the guide files so something's gotten jumbled up somewhere.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'll try that. I didn't think of that last night.

Comment

Also, with the no-smelting, say you're at level 90 or whatever, and it wants you to learn the Master skill level, it will fix itself (it does for me, anyway) if you click your smelting icon (as if you were at a forge trying to smelt bars); its sort of like it has an "oh, duh" moment when you open that profession tab and it sees where you're actually at in your level progress.

Once you click it, it should reflect properly in the guide window.

Comment

Working...
        X