Cooking guide after 600..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking guide after 600..?

I hit 600 while leveling "Way of the Grill" and now the guide automatically skips to the end and displays "Congratulations!". Ty btw, but I'm not done yet. I still have all of the other "Ways" to level.

Now that my cooking is maxed, is there a way to make the guide skip to the step where I can select a "Way" instead of skipping to the end? Having the guide display the number of mats I needed to farm (or buy) was REALLY nice...

Thanks for a great guide!

I see you have the Achievements guide so that means you can get to those other Masteries in the Achievements section. I've got this in our list of things to get fixed so people who only have the Professions guide can also get to them easy.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry! I didn't see them listed under the Achievements guide. FYI: I tried last night and only some of them worked. When I opened the list, Grill was grey and everything was green, which is correct because Grill is the only one I've completed. But when I clicked Wok, it gave me the "Congratulations!" message. I tried another one (pot I think) and got the same message. Since I had accidentally click the wrong one (I meant to click on Oven), I tried Oven anyway and it worked fine.

I just downloaded 4.0.5395... I'll run through all of them today and post which ones do & dont work.

Thanks!

Comment

We do have a bug in the guide somewhere for Wok, Brew, and Steamer. This is on our list to be investigated because we're not sure why those 3 guides are skipping right to the end.

Comment

Using 4.0.5397 I wasn't able to load the following guides. All of them took me to the end even though they were not complete. (The numbers are my current level.)

Master of the Wok (576)
          Master of the Steamer (575)
          Master of the Brew (573)

The following guides worked fine:

Master of the Pot (576)
          Master of the Oven (567)

From the "Congrats!" message, clicking "return to cooking mastery list" gives me an error. I've included the beginning of the report. Let me know if you need the rest of it. (I didn't want to post all my toon's info here.)

Zygor Guides Viewer v4.0.5397
          Guide: ACHIEVEMENTS\Profession Achievements\Cooking\Master of the Wok
          Step: 123

ENTER BUG DESCRIPTION HERE: .................................................. ....................

--- Player information ---
          Race: NightElf Class: DEATHKNIGHT Level: 90.00
          Position: Valley of the Four Winds /0 66.72,29.31 (#807, zone:'Valley of the Four Winds', realzone:'Valley of the Four Winds', subzone:'Grassy Cline', minimapzone:'Grassy Cline', micro:'', texture:'ValleyoftheFourWinds')

--- GUIDE ---
          Guide: Master of the Wok
          Type: ACHIEVEMENTS Parsed: yes Fully: yes
          Startlevel: nil Endlevel: nil
          Next: nil
          Steps: 126 Labels: banquet_wok_bag=121, stir_fry_bag=110, farm_banquet_wok_2=119, token_start_wok=94, wotw=2, farm_veggie_wok=95, farm_meat_wok=96, banquet_wok=113, 520_up=55, final_quest=90, end=125, end_way_of_wok=123, farm_banquet_wok_1=117, create_banquet_wok=122, farm_banquet_wok_3=120, create_stir_fry=112, spirit=97, farm_carrot=102, token_end_wok=98, create_carrot=103, farm_stir_fry_1=107, Cooking_Wok=91, stir_fry=104, buy=100, token_repeat_wok=99, farm_stir_fry_2=109, 520_down=3,

--- STEP ---
          map: Valley of the Four Winds#807 /0
          floor: 0
          label: end_way_of_wok
          needsreload: false
          level: 0
          (incomplete, POSSIBLE, not aux)
          Goals:
          1. "Congratulations, you have maxed out the Way of the Wok mastery for Cooking!"
          action: text
          dirtytext: true
          prepared: true
          2. . "Click here to return to the Cooking Mastery List"
          optional: true
          action: confirm
          next: cooking_mastery_start
          always: false
          prepared: true
          dirtytext: true
          Status: incomplete (incomplete, POSSIBLE, nil progress, not aux)

Comment

The 3 mentioned mastery guides are the known bug I was referring to.

For the error on trying to return to the list, was this an LUA error or an error in the chat window? If it was either of those can you please post that error here.

Comment

Sorry again. Your post about the bugs wasn't there when I started that post. It took me a while because 1/2 way through, a guildie needed some help.

No, it wasn't an LUA error. It was a Zygor error in chat. Something like "can't jump from step 123 to cooking_mastery_start" and it asked me to send you guys a report. If you need the exact text, I'll get it for you the next time I log in.

Comment

Yes, the exact text in the chat window would be very helpful for tracking down the problem.

Comment

Zygor Guides Viewer: ERROR! Cannot jump from step 123 to label 'cooking_mastery_start'. This is guide Master of the Wok. Please report this, providing a generated Bug Report.

Comment

Thanks for that. I think I see where the problem is. You accessed this from the Achievements guides right? Looks like this return step was designed for use from within the main Cooking 1-600 guide so the Achievement guide isn't loading that stuff for it to know where that label is.

I'll add this to our bug list for the team to find a different way to do this so it will work no matter how the guide is loaded.

Comment

Thanks, but don't forget that this all started because I couldn't get to them from the cooking guide in the first place :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X