Farming Mobs for Greens In Elwynn Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming Mobs for Greens In Elwynn Forest

So I decided to make one of my alts an enchanter. And to kick things off the guide says either buy greens or farm mobs in Elwynn Forest. Is farming mobs in EF really the best way to level this profession without dumping gold into the AH? Cause I still haven't got a single green from anything.
    Rob Cornell

Author of DARKER THINGS and DARK LEGION.

Unless you want to dump a ton of gold on the AH then you're stuck with farming mobs. The reason Elwynn is suggested for starting is because you have to limit it to the zone levels which determine the ilvl of items being dropped and if you go to a higher zone then you won't be able to DE the higher ilvl items yet. This means you could do other low starting areas such as Dun Morogh or Teldrassil if you wanted a change of scenery. I would suggest trying to find some faster spawning humanoid mobs to kill for the farming. It's not been proven, but it always seemed to me like the humanoid mobs would drop the green items quicker than animals. Try some of the mines/caves in Elwynn (or the murlocs closer to Redwind zone) or maybe around the frozen lake area of Dun Morogh near the Loch Modan zone line and the cave near there with the troglodytes (or whatever they are).

In the past my personal experience has been it's always easier to do Enchanting as you level your toon. You can use quest rewards for DE if there isn't a good one for you plus you can get some drops to DE as well. This doesn't always work perfectly so you might have to supplement with some AH purchases, but overall it does help to keep costs down and doesn't seem like a major grind if you want to save gold.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, cabby! I'll just have to muscle through. My toon is a 37 warlock. So once I catch up with the enchanting, I can go back to questing and DE rewards and such as you suggest. I'm also killing mobs in Deadmines. That's gotten me a few greens. But it's going to be a loooooon way to 130 Strange Dust. lol
      Rob Cornell

Comment

If you have the gold you might want to use the AH... even if you don't purchase strange dust on the AH because it's expensive you should be able to find a lot of low level green items for a few silver each that you can DE.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You can also do the other races' starting zones (level 6-) to get quest rewards for disenchanting.

Comment

Thanks all. I ended up picking up tailoring. That's helped quite a bit.
            Rob Cornell

Comment

Working...
            X