Aliance professions and achvements Guide Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliance professions and achvements Guide Cooking

Around step 98-102 there is a quest called test the test are missing 1/3 of that quest. only 2 of the 3 testers are mentioned in the guide

Fixed and will be included in the next update. Thanks for reporting.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Step 21 you are instructed to kill Encrusted Tide Crawlers to gather 30 Crawler Claws. Then on step 27 you are instructed to make Crab Cakes which use Crawler Meat rather than Crawler Claws. Though both items drop from the Encrusted Tide Crawlers, step 21 should really track the Crawler Meat rather than the Crawler Claws.

Comment

Step 24 sends you to Ashenvale to kill Wrathtail mobs to gather Small Barnacle Clams. I found that these mobs tended to drop more Thick Clams which yield Tangy Clam Meat rather than the Small Barnacle Clams.

While gathering the Encrusted Tide Crawlers (Step 21), I got a lot of Small Barnacle Clams. That combined with killing the Murloc mobs in that area, I nearly had enough without going to Ashenvale.

Also, when I went to buy the Curiously Tasty Omelet recipe on Step 29, I saw the Cooked Crab Claw recipe which requires the Crawler Claws gathered in Step 21, but not used. I purchased this recipe and skilled up to 158 using the claws I had.

Comment

Step 39 tells you to fly to Mossy Pile in Un'Goro Crater, but that puts you 976 yards from the farming location. I would suggest to fly to Marshal's Stand which is only 415 yards from the farming area. For someone who can already fly, it's not a big deal, but if you can't fly yet, the extra 500 yards can be treacherous :-)

At least for the Alliance version... if you are looking for a neutral area, then Mossy Pile is the place.

Comment

Step 51 wants you to kill Angerclaw mobs to acquire Bear Flank and Ironbeak mobs to acquire Giant Eggs.

The eggs make sense because we just purchased the Monster Omelet recipe in Step 48.

However, the Bear Flank had me a bit confused. At Step 59, you are instructed to Learn Juicy Bear Burger from the recipe in your bags, yet we never bought this recipe. What I discovered is that the recipe can be learned from your trainer in SW.

Comment

Step 102: Talk to Washed-Up Mage - It would be nice to have a note telling you that he was in the sewers.

Comment

Originally posted by snethen View Post
                However, the Bear Flank had me a bit confused. At Step 59, you are instructed to Learn Juicy Bear Burger from the recipe in your bags, yet we never bought this recipe. What I discovered is that the recipe can be learned from your trainer in SW.
                Is the problem that you never get the recipe, or that you get the bear flanks but never use them for a recipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                  Is the problem that you never get the recipe, or that you get the bear flanks but never use them for a recipe?
                  You are never instructed to purchase/learn the recipe. The step refers to the recipe in your bags, but since it is learned from the trainer it will never be in your bags. I think if you just instructed them to learn that recipe from your trainer, it would be good.

Comment

I successfully completed Cooking 1-525 using the guide.
                    Other than the few problems that have already been fixed, it was a breeze.
                    Nice Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by snethen View Post
                      Step 51 wants you to kill Angerclaw mobs to acquire Bear Flank and Ironbeak mobs to acquire Giant Eggs.

The eggs make sense because we just purchased the Monster Omelet recipe in Step 48.

I will second that had me puzeled last night. still no wiser.
                      Slim

Comment

Fixed and will be included in our next update.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                          Fixed and will be included in our next update.
                          I'm not really sure why the Juicy Bear Burger wasn't directed to be learned at the trainer anyway seeing the change happened in 4.1 prior to the guide being released. Also when you use the button in the guide to make the food it makes Charred Bear Kabobs it doesn't really matter as it takes the same mats but it might confuse some people.
                          --PvP Junkie--

Comment

This leads you to Felwood - correctly for the recipe BUT I find (lvl 55-60+) Winterspring has the best valley area for farming bear flank. Giant Eggs also drop from the owls here. Lvl 60+ can easily work their way down the valley towards the den. Could this be noted for those who haven't quested there, or be a farming alternative?

In fact, for further development maybe a function to 'bookmark' your favourite farming locations as these tend to vary from server to server and would be brilliant for areas you may (as a user) discover especially after game changes.

Comment

Working...
                            X