Herbalism guide and "SexyMap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbalism guide and "SexyMap"

I am using the addon "SexyMap" from curse and I have a problem with the herbalism guide and I suppose its also a problem on the horde guide and mining as well.

SexyMap has a "HUD" feature where it will show all nodes overlaid on the screen. I much prefer this when gathering. The problem is that the profession guide cannot proceed to the next step in the route as long as the minimap hud is enabled. I have to disable and enable in order for it to proceed.

This is because the 'HUD' in SexyMap is actually a 2nd mini map being drawn on the screen. Since it's a 2nd mini map (just at about 300% normal size) the guides probably get confused as to which mini map it should be paying attention to.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If enough people request this we can add support for this.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
        I too use Sexymap and have avoided buying the guide because of this so I would encourage making the guide compatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
          well that really hasn't solved my problem..makes me kind of sad to have spend good money for this since for me it just seems unusable...

Comment

Ill add myself to the request. I also use sexy map, so this would also benefit me.

Originally posted by andywagner59 View Post
            well that really hasn't solved my problem..makes me kind of sad to have spend good money for this since for me it just seems unusable...
            This isnt about not giving you what you want, Andy. What is going on with the team is they are making changes to the guides once they went live, and putting out all those fires asap, because they effect every player that bought the guide. Not everyone uses Sexymap like you and I do, therefore the request for a few has to be put back behind the needs of the masses. I can promise you this will get looked into. Zygor never has left anyone just hanging.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I'll join in requesting it. My characters I have a gathering profession on I use Sexy Map instead of Carbonite. I just like it better for gathering character.
              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.
              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hmm... maybe I'll have to look at SexyMap to see what it's like. I'm just so accustomed to Carbonite I'm not sure if I'll be able to get used to it. For a hud I use GatherMate2 and FarmHud which I can toggle on and off.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Carbonite for me is one of those addons that does a lot of really great things really well, but all I was after is a different minimap than the default ui version. With Sexymap I set it up, change it to simple square, add my buttons I want to see (when I mouse over only), and Im off and running.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                  X