Framerate Problem with Mining Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Framerate Problem with Mining Guide

When activating the mining guide the framerate drops to 3 frames and is therfore completely unusable...i wonder if anybody has any suggestions.

thanks A.

Which Mining guide? Does the framerate drop instantly when you load the guide or when you come to a specific step?
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Mining 1-525...actually it seems to happen anywhere and at any level...as soon as i load the guide the framerate drops down to three if i close the viewer the framerate jumps back up to where it should be...i was wondering if the breadcrumbs on the minimap impose to much of a workload but i dont seem to find a way to switch those off...

Comment

Do you have other addons running? Try disabling everything but the Zygor guide. Maybe it's an addon conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          Do you have other addons running? Try disabling everything but the Zygor guide. Maybe it's an addon conflict.
          good thought but of course i have done that already...even without any other addon as soon as i enable the mining guide my framerate drops to 3-5 frames...if i disable the guide again the framerate moves back up instantly to where it should be...i was wondering if, since i am playing on a european server that maybe something conflicts there???

real shame but as it is, it is completely unusable...

Comment

I saw another post where someone thinks the Talent Advisor is causing frame rate issues. Have you tried it with the Talent Advisor disabled?
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

tried that also still same problem...

Comment

Ok, I have one other idea that might help. Delete everything in your WoW/Cache directory. Sometimes the cache can get corrupted and cause odd behavior like this and if you delete it and allow WoW to rebuild it as you play it fixes the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  Ok, I have one other idea that might help. Delete everything in your WoW/Cache directory. Sometimes the cache can get corrupted and cause odd behavior like this and if you delete it and allow WoW to rebuild it as you play it fixes the problems.
                  tried that...no change...as soon as the breadcrumbs are activated on the worldmap the framerate drops drastically. Interestingly i have noticed that as soon as the breadcrumbs are active, the memory allocation for addons is increased over a period of a few seconds by about 10Mb...as soon as i deactivate zygor the memory allocation drops back to where it was before and the framerate goes back up.......same thing happens to me using the herbalism guide!!??

Comment

I know it doesn't help you, but the mining guide is fine for me FPS-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
                      I know it doesn't help you, but the mining guide is fine for me FPS-wise.
                      i am sure that for most people it must be ok otherwise there would have been more griping about it here...just bugs me that i cannot figure out what it might be...

Comment

For troubleshooting such issues, we're adding an ants-off option.

Comment

Originally posted by andywagner59 View Post
                          i am sure that for most people it must be ok otherwise there would have been more griping about it here...just bugs me that i cannot figure out what it might be...
                          did it work for you in the meantime? i have exactly the same issues... playing on an EU server, too

Comment

Please check out this thread to keep updated on the frame rate issues. There is also a method on page 5 to help the team narrow down what's causing it.
                            http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ent-fps-issues.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that switching to "Carbonite" as waypointing addon in the Waypoints options section solved the fps issue for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X