Blacksmithing Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacksmithing Guide

On the step 136 of the Blacksmithing Guide, from levels 350-425 it tells you to go kill Crazed Water Spirits or Frozen Earth mobs in Zul Drak which only have a 25% for dropping Crystallized Water. You guys should definitely change that to a different farming area like wintergrasp in which the Water Revenants have a 99% for dropping that specific item according to WoWhead. Hope you guys can change that in the near future cause its really annoying to farm item at a 25% rate.

Thanks.
    Progress:

Lvl 85's:

Mage, Deathknight, Warlock, Druid, Shaman, Warrior

Is Wintergrasp so unpopulated now that you can farm there without fearing to be killed by low brainers that think they are PVP heroes when killing lower level chars?
    At least Wintergrasp should be suggested as an alternative.

Comment

I farmed at Wintergrasp for over 2 hours and I didn't encounter a soul. It's definitely an option to suggest going there. Specially cause nobody goes to Wintergrasp now that they implemented Tol Barad to the game unless people are actually looking for completing PVP achievements.

Edit:

You can farm Crystallized Water, Earth, Air, and Shadow in Wintergrasp all once.

Crystallized Water:
      Water Revenant (99% Drop)
      Glacial Spirit (25% Drop)

Crystallized Earth:
      Earthbound Revenant (100% Drop)
      Chilled Earth Elemental (26% Drop)

Crystallized Air:
      Tempest Revenant (100% Drop)
      Whispering Wind (26% Drop)

Crystallized Shadow:
      Shadow Revenant (99% Drop)
      Wandering Shadow (26% Drop)

Not even Wintergrasp is a great place to farm all of these mats but there's also some Saronite Nodes and Titanium Nodes that you can mine while farming for these mobs. Also if you happen to get your inventory full you can go sell your stuff at the vendors by the VOA entrance. I happened to get like 300 gold by selling the green items and the loot I got from these mobs.

Hope this little bit of information might change your minds about implementing this in the guides. You wont even have to worry about telling people to go to different places where you can do this all at once.

Note: The only problem I'd imagine would be that every certain amount of hours you'll get booted cause the Wintergrasp battle would start.

Double Edit: (lol)

I just finished minning my Saronite Ore just to find out that I had looted TONS of crytallized elements, so it would be a lot better if the guides make you mine all the ore first before even telling you to farm those mats. On the bright side I get to sell all the extra mats I have on the AH :P. This will only speed up the process.
      Progress:

Lvl 85's:

Comment

WOW, fantastic post alegomso. Thank you very much for the info.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thank you kind sir , if I find any other steps in which I could help to make the guide better i'll keep posting on this same thread.
          Progress:

Lvl 85's:

Comment

On the steps 475-525 you guys got the math wrong for the farming of the Elementium Ores. I farmed the 770 ores that you guys posted on the guide, but I ended up being like 100 bars short from being able to reach max level. Now I'm not really sure what was the amount of bars that I was lacking, but you guys gotta double check that out for the next update.

That being said, I gotta say that this was a really solid Blacksmithing Guide and I can't thank you enough. I got to max level in 4 days and I had to farm every single item since I'm a poor guy . If I sell everything that I just posted in the AH I'm gonna earn an estimated 6k gold from all the items I crafted.

Thanks a lot Zygor!
            Keep it up
            Progress:

Lvl 85's:

Comment

Originally posted by alegomso View Post
              On the steps 475-525 you guys got the math wrong for the farming of the Elementium Ores. I farmed the 770 ores that you guys posted on the guide, but I ended up being like 100 bars short from being able to reach max level. Now I'm not really sure what was the amount of bars that I was lacking, but you guys gotta double check that out for the next update.

That being said, I gotta say that this was a really solid Blacksmithing Guide and I can't thank you enough. I got to max level in 4 days and I had to farm every single item since I'm a poor guy . If I sell everything that I just posted in the AH I'm gonna earn an estimated 6k gold from all the items I crafted.

Thanks a lot Zygor!
              Keep it up
              Thank you for the info on that. I have plans on running the BS guide on my warrior very soon. Hopefully someone else can confirm this before I get there though.

Thanks again.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Added in Wintergrasp npcs for those items. We will look into the issue where the guide doesn't have you make enough bars. Thanks for reporting.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                X