Mining Guide - Nagrand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining Guide - Nagrand

Step 40 takes you to Nagrand to level between 325 and 350. Maybe I'm just unlucky but most nodes are Rich Adamantite which requires mining 350. I did find quite a few "normal" Adamantite nodes in Terrokar Forest and Zangarmarsh, though.

You must be unlucky. I don't recall having found any rich adamantite yet in Nagrand. I normally just fine normal adamantite and fel iron as I'm questing.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, I used to find plenty pre-cataclysm but, having just consulted wowhead, it seems that Isle of Quel'Danas is now the place to fill your bags with adamantite ore.

Incidentally, the guide tells you to look in the caves in Nagrand but practically all the nodes in the caves are rich adamantite (350) or Khorium (375).

Comment

If they didn't change Quel'danas there are only 3-4 ores simultaneously in about 7 possible locations. The problem there is that you should be at least level 70 because the nodes are close to mobs. And you can't fly there.

With the Nagrand stuff you were really unlucky. I always have the same problem, I always find titanium ore when searching for saronite or rich saronite on my way to mining 450...
        I would either go for adamantite in Nagrand or Blade's Edge.

Comment

Just been to Quel'danas and it worked out pretty well - I was the only person there and found 5 adamantite nodes in one tour which was all I needed to reach 350

Comment

I remember the good old days when you had to gather more than once to deplete a node and when there were all those dwarven hunters around the island that just waited that someone else fought with the mobs at a node

Comment

Is it just me or is this mining route pretty bad.. i followed this route for 3 times now and only got 2 nodes.

Comment

My problem with Nagrand wasn't finding nodes but that since people don't really come there to mine any more that most of the nodes were rich versions which is a higher level than what I could mine. So it probably took me double the amount of time that Zygor thought mining that zone would.
                I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.
                Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

There are Fel Iron and Adamantite nodes there, but most (70%ish) nodes require 350 Mining if there's no one around. Problem is most people (95%) are doing at the very least high end LK to Cata content.
                  My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I found more Adamantite nodes in Terrokar Forest than Nagrand. If you do a circuit around the foresty bit in the north of the map then go round the edge of the Bone Wastes you should find quite a few. They're the normal ones, not rich.

Comment

The problem is that many admantit nodes have a chance to be a rich adamantit node. At least in the higher level zones. If there too many people were around in that zone gathering only normal adamantit (because their skill was too low) more and more nodes will become rich adamantit as every spawn has the same chance.
                      I had the problems with other ores for example tin and silver. I had to run around endlessly to find tin nodes but stumbled across several silver nodes.
                      Or with titanium when I needed rich saronit. There were about 7 titanium nodes in Icecrown when I couldn't farm them. That's why I normally position a high level miner in the zone when I am questing with a low level character. If I discover khorium or titanium I switch the character and get it

Comment

Working...
                      X