Professions in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professions in general

How do you balance leveling your professions as you are trying to level your character? What has priority? I know you can only level your profession as high as your character level will permit you but what do you do when your profession level has you searching
    for resources in zone that has your character running for his/her life because they are
    to low to quest in?

I normally level gathering professions while questing. With Cataclysm Blizzard introduced so many resources that this works very good, I even level more through gathering than questing.
    Characters with crafting professions get played after I have many resources in the bank so I can start directly with them.

Comment

For me this really depends on the circumstances.

If I'm already established on the server I would focus on leveling to 85 then do professions.

If I needed a gatherer I would level until I had flying then level Herbalism and Mining until maxed for area/level then try to balance. The extra experience is a nice boost.

If I'm new to the server I would level Herbalism/Mining/Skinning (pick 2) from the start and sell on the AH for funds. Skinning is faster, but doesn't yield experience like Herbalism and mining. Alternately I could level Herbalism and Inscription and sell on the AH.

When I get to 85 I would reset the professions to what I needed, making sure to have enough mats to level him to 85 before I reset a gatherer.

Comment

So was this guide designed for maxed character's to level a desired profession? I believe a large majority of us who use Zygor's leveling guides choose gathering professions for the extra XP and level them as we quest. I currently have
        Mage level 85 Tailoring/Mining maxed
        DK level 85 Enchanting/Engineering maxed
        Rogue level 77 Alchemy/Jewel Crafting maxed
        Druid level 54 Herb/Mining 327/230
        Priest level 50 Herb/Scribe 350/350

I wish to dropping mining on my Mage once the druid is maxed and pick up Alchemy (need another transmute spec)
        Should I just continue using the leveling guide to level the Druid as quick as possible then use the profession's guide at a later date to catch up? I generally get the profession's skill maxed high and the character cant skill up anymore until he levels to 65 then 75. I can throw gold at the profession once my bank toon has exhausted his stock but you cant do that with gathering professions therein lies my problem while trying to power level it.

Suggestions please

Comment

If you have the gold to buy your raw materials on the AH then the guides will quickly get you thru a profession when you're 85.

I'd say keep leveling the druid gathering any herbs and ore you can as you go. With what you want to do and your current professions you really need the druid to get maxed gathering professions to keep supplying your engineer/JC with ore. Really is no choice in it if you want to switch the mage from mining to alchemy, unless you have another toon not listed with max mining.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            If you have the gold to buy your raw materials on the AH then the guides will quickly get you thru a profession when you're 85.

I'd say keep leveling the druid gathering any herbs and ore you can as you go. With what you want to do and your current professions you really need the druid to get maxed gathering professions to keep supplying your engineer/JC with ore. Really is no choice in it if you want to switch the mage from mining to alchemy, unless you have another toon not listed with max mining.
            the Mage is it as far as maxed mining goes so another Alchemist will help keep the costs down for making weekly dreamcloth and truegold transmutes. Aight thanks for confirming that I'm doing the right thing level the character. I have other low level characters that have skinning, mining, and herbalism but they are temporary and they have those professions just for the XP boost.

Comment

Working...
            X