Mining Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining Guide

I just spent 2 hours farming Hellfire and Nagrand testing out the Professions Guide I bought, but I found it very annoying to find the mineral deposits with all the arrows and clutter on the mini map and half the time the nodes were under the arrows. Is there anything I can do to change this?

It could be that there were other players farming the nodes at the same time you were. I got loads of ore in this section of the Mining Guide.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
      It could be that there were other players farming the nodes at the same time you were. I got loads of ore in this section of the Mining Guide.
      Alright, I would like to clarify that it was just a fluke that I was having so much trouble finding ore. I would still like to know if there is a way to adjust the way the minimap looks because it does seem to get really cluttered..

Comment

Right now I don't think there is a way to reduce the mini map marker icon size. One thing you could do that works for me is install the Carbonite addon and then set the guides to use the Carbonite arrow. For some reason when using Carbonite the guides don't set mini map markers (just markers in the Carbonite map) so it clears up the mini map to be able to spot all the node locations easier.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Trun off fish finding and anything else you hve checked for mini map when you are farming makes it much cleaner and nicer.

Comment

I was about to post on the same thing. I was working through the Jewelcrafting module last night and was doing the gathering myself. I second the OPs comment. The problem we are having is that the mini-map arrow and ants that Zygor uses to "draw-out" our path is too large. Many times the ore node was directly under one of the path arrows and I couldn't see it. Would it be possible to take the arrows off the mini-map and just have the "ants" guide us? I am including a screenshot for example. There is a node under the arrow and without starring closely (some nodes are completely hidden) it is easy to miss the ore.
            Attached Files

Comment

I too am finding that the arrows used in the waypoints for mining get in the way of seeing nodes on the minimap. I would like to request the ability to turn them off and only have the ants so I will be dropping a line in the suggestions forum.

Comment

Try going into the guide options and in the Waypoints section set the Map 'ants' spacing to Ants off. I think this will do what you want.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                X