Leatherworking: 1-500 Leveling Guide Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leatherworking: 1-500 Leveling Guide Issues

Picked up Leatherworking and while leveling found the following issues so far.

Step 22-23:
    Ingredients do not match step 24 crafting item

Step 37:
    Create item before learned in step 38

Can you please give more specifics for the problems you are finding?

Right now for the steps 22-24 when I look in game they are all for gathering materials and I see nothing in those steps for creating an item. Which crafted item is it that the ingredients don't match?

I do see for steps 37 and 38 that it wants you to create Heavy Leather before having you learn the skill so I will add that to our bug list.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry Cabby,

Images didn't upload:

Step 22-23:
      Ingredients do not match step 24 crafting item
      Zy22.jpg
      zy25.jpg
      zy26.jpg

Comment

Ok, I see what you mean and I think this is just an issue of not understanding the guide. The way the guide works is all of the leather you picked up in the first section is to cover that ingredient for the whole guide, not just the first section. So when you moved onto the next section here you were picking up the new ingredients that would be used a little later in this section. I'll try to give a bit of a visual reference here for what I mean.

1-50 section:
        get 100 light leather
        use 50 light leather to get to 50 skill

50-100 section:
        get 150 medium leather
        use remaining 50 light leather to get to 75 skill
        use 75 medium leather to get to 100 skill

100-150 section:
        get 200 heavy leather
        use remaining 75 medium leather to get to 125 skill
        use 100 heavy leather to get to 150 skill

Of course this is a very simplified way of depicting how we do it but this should be easy to understand. The materials you were getting in steps 22 and 23 were for the '2nd half' of that section you were starting. Step 24 was still using materials that should have been acquired in the previous section.

This method does have a draw-back of sometimes when you pick up in the middle of the guide (because you already had some skill) then it can throw you off a little on the materials until you get to the next section and are more 'in sync' with the guide.

Comment

Ok, I see how it is setup, Only issue with doing it this way is you need to already be top level and have all your bags. Been working on leveling the profession along with the character so do not have that much bag space and had filled both the bank and character bags in order to proceed. Once I started creating, had to do a couple, sell them, do some more, sell them. Run to the bank pick up from storage, create some more, sell, create, back to bank. Was not used to doing that in the past but had leveled my professions after leveling the character and had all the big bags so had plenty of space.

Don't have an issue with how its setup, just not optimul for lower characters working on leveling professions and character level at the same time.

Comment

I understand what you mean.

When I level a profession while I'm leveling a character what I do is ignore the buy/farm steps of the guide and just create what I can after a leveling session.

So for Leatherworking what I'd do is go out and grab a few levels and skin anything I can. When I'm done leveling I'll head back to town to work on the profession. First thing I'll do is load up the profession guide to the last step I was on and see what I need to create. Then I'll see if I can create it according to ATSW. I have ATSW setup to show me what I can create with purchasing threads and dyes from a merchant, this way it's showing me based on the leather I just picked up. So if the guide says I need to create 5 more leather gloves and I have enough leather for that I'll queue up 5 gloves. Then when I go to the merchant I have ATSW set to automatically purchase stuff for my queue and it will buy just the thread I need. Then I'll create the stuff and sell it off to the merchant right away and see what the next create step is in the guide and repeat the process until I'm out of leather. Then it's back to leveling again.

Comment

Working...
            X