OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying out the enchantment guide but... confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying out the enchantment guide but... confused...

The video says I have the option of either Buying the materials,... or gathering them.. I appreciate the option, but maybe you can explain.

I opened it up and My enchanting was 301. ut tells me first to make a fel iron rod. I already have a fel iron rod. The it says to Buy a ton of materials.... but I thought I had the option to gather. I expected that if i wanted to gather the materials it would Point me to the zone I should hunt in... and which areas to look for which Mobs...

While knowing what to make, and How many is an amazing tool to have In game... since the only other alternative is visit websites by either alt-tabbing. or visiting them on My nook... for 50 bucks I really was hoping for an in game.."go to zone X kill mobs y... to gather green item z... and disenchant." is this not what the " buy...or gather" option referred to? I am a bit confused.

The problem with enchanting is that disenchanting items gives very random results. And in addition to that it is a pain to farm materials for that profession.
    I played 10 characters to level 80 and every green item I found went to my enchanting character. And still I had to buy loads of materials from the auction house to get to 450.
    Even doing dungeons give so few materials per hour that it is not worth it. Better do daily quests or use a character with gathering professions to make gold.

With other professions it also might be easier to farm gold and buy the materials needed. Some high level herbs and ores are cheaper than lower level ones.

Comment

I have an enchanter maxed and never bought a thing! I farmed all the items needed to lvl my enchanter. I was also a tailor to create the extra items i could use to DE.

Farm top % items for what dust I needed and sell what I didnt. I would use wowhead to find % rates on Items to DE for the dust I needed to lvl my enchanting. If farming had a low % fir a item to De for dust; then i would check tailor items to DE and % of item DE rate on the dust or shard I needed..

Really not hard at all but a need to look up a lot of information. If i was to buy a guide from you I would want all the work done for me.

I have not bought it yet; due to I wanted to check forums on quality of guides. The point of a enchanting giude is not giving into acount that its not about the time it would take but the game play. If i picked enchanting i would like to be told how to lvl it with out buying all from AH. Is it a guide if you tell us to buy all items needed. NO!! I want to play the game not just buy everything.

There are buy list all over the web for free to lvl your profession. Not paying for a buy guide; I would pay for a how to really lvl guide for those none slackers!!

Comment

Don't know what addons you use, but the Auctioneer addon add DE % info to the in game tool tips. Doesn't help to know what to farm for the DE % but it will let you see in game what your DE % is for tailored items when you look at the item in your crafting window with the tool tip.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

OK you leveled enchanting without buying materials but you had to farm lots of other materials for your other crafting profession. And you needed the other crafting profession. Making an enchanting guide that tells you to first level tailoring would lead into people complaining for example that they already have a second profession.

I have enchanting at 525 and bought stuff for 450 to 525 for about 2000 gold off the AH (at that time the prices were higher). For 2000 gold I would have needed about 5-6 days of daily questing, maybe 8 hours in total. Also I get more gold leveling the character, I think from 1-85 I got around 10000 gold from questing without selling something in the AH. If you have a gathering profession you will make lots of gold.

I'm not the kind of person that likes running around and killing mobs over and over only to get materials.

Comment

Yes, I agree it is less time and money to just buy your items but is that the point. The point of a profession guide is to have the option to buy ur materials or farm them. I did cheat becouse i was the guild enchanter and received all my guildies DE items but i think the point of the first thread was wanting the option to farm or buy. If I was to buy a profession guide that option would need to be a must have!!

Yes the addon for the DE% works great as well.

REPLY TO "needed the other crafting profession" - well yes you would have to buy the rods and what not.I was not saying you had to have all the professions. I was simply saying farm enchanting materials needed and added bonus if was also a tailer but that option is just that an option.

I myself prefer killing mobs than doing the same dailies over, over, over and over again. I get very bored doing the same thing everyday. I do the dailies as well but continue on to farming as well.

Comment

Maybe instead of farming like for the other professions for enchanting something similar can be done. The guide can ask to buy or craft and disenchant items. Then you get a list of possible items to disenchant. For example if you need dust the guide tells you to disenchant green armor of an item level range. More specific information about what to craft would be difficult because there are three crafting professions. But every suggestion to make the guides better is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                ...but the Auctioneer addon add DE % info to the in game tool tips. Doesn't help to know what to farm for the DE % ...
                Well it sorta-kinda does. It can also add the line "Disenchantable from item levels XXX to XXX" if you hover over a mat. Not an exact science for mats, but at least gives you a ilvl range to work with.

Comment

Auctinator also adds the DE info if you enable it in the options.
                  I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.
                  Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                  X