OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blacksmithing Guide AddOn Conflict with ATSW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacksmithing Guide AddOn Conflict with ATSW.

Seems to be a conflict between the Advance Trade Skill Window AddOn and the Blacksmithing Guide. When ever I open the Blacksmithing window the game crashes when it and the Zygor Guide with Blacksmithing is open. Turn off the Zygor window and it stops happening. Turn off ATSW and it stops happening also. The problem is the Blacksmithing Guide and ATSW interacting and so far no other Zygor Guide. When I was Mining there was no problem between the two.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

I just skilled the last few blacksmithing points (Alliance side) with the guide and ATSW without problems. But it were only the last 3 or 4 points.

I noticed severe lag issues while leveling tailoring and leatherworking but I think those are related to ATSW, sadly this addon has so many sever bugs that it is nearly unusable.

Comment

Well I guess I can't say crash but the game just hangs. Let it go for 5 minutes but nothing changed so I closed it. Happened 3 times until I cut either one off. Never happened while Mining and use both ATSW and Zygor Mining Guide.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

The worst lags with ATSW happen with inscription. To use inscription you have to turn off the option to take vendor items into account for the amount of craftable items. Maybe this helps also with blacksmithing.

I'll try Skillet instead of ATSW but I'm not sure if it also has the nice shopping list when entering the AH.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
          I'll try Skillet instead of ATSW but I'm not sure if it also has the nice shopping list when entering the AH.
          Skillet has similar issues as ATSW at this point. You could give Gnomeworks a shot (what I switched to from ATSW). Has the shopping list and all and is done by the guy that took over Skillet dev. Has a few issues still but not nearly as annoying ones as the ones I had with ATSW or Skillet.

Note: I haven't gone through the prof guides yet except for Inscription with it, but I didn't hit any probs with it and that guide.

Comment

Thanks for the hint, I tried GnomeWorks and so far it seems to be working good.

Comment

I'll try it then. Also it is worse than Inscription then for Blacksmithing then. I'm not able to do anything. As soon as ATSW opens game freeze. There is nothing you can do except to close the game through the windows task manager.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Yeah. There's presently 470 Inscript recipes available in the game and 582 for BS. ATSW chokes on scanning them each time it opens. It will eventually unfreeze (depeding on your sys specs and whether it can finish before missing enough echo replies from the server to consider you disconnected), but not freezing at all is much nicer. heh. GW caches all recipes in the game on first-run (and after major patches).

Comment

Working...
                X