Alchemy, Step 66, Gather Blindweed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alchemy, Step 66, Gather Blindweed

This step is "grey" in the guides and it is being auto-skipped. It only says gather blindweed on my system but I might already have other herbs needed in my bags.

Another weird step is step 102 (Gather Sungrass). It directed me to Swamp of Sorrows but I don't think there are any Sungrass there. Should it have been another herb? (don't think there are any higher level alchemy skills requiring it either)

Comment

I looked into the Horde professions guide file and step 66 is no gathering step, it's just a check.
      Step 65 tells you to gather Firebloom in Tanaris, step 68 Sungrass in Thousand Needles.
      Blindweed is farmed in Western Plaguelands at step 61.

Do you have the latest guide version installed (2937)?

Comment

Yes I have latest version

Comment

OK, I loaded the guide on a Horde character, seems like the step numbers in the file are not correct. Step 66 indeed is the gather Blindweed step.
          And I found a bug, the gather Blindweeds is marked as non completeable with a |n so it is not a goal for this step and because it lacks other goals gets skipped.

In step 102 the wrong flower is collected, the guide file says Golden Sansam but the ID is from Sungrass (8838). The correct ID for Golden Sansam is 13464.
          http://www.wowhead.com/object=176583

Edit: I found the |n on many occasions in both Alliance and Horde Alchemy guide. But sometimes it's not used. Someone from the Zygor team should look into this.

Comment

Fixed and will be included in the next update. We will look into those other |n tags you mentioned to see if they are intended to be used that way or not.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

On the subject of step 66, the gathering route for the Blindweed step never takes you near where any Blindweed nodes spawn in WPL. The only Blindweed spawns there are along the river banks to the S and SE of Andorhal (arc from ~30,67 - ~48,74). The path coords only take you around the northern part of the zone. Possibly why the |n managed its way in there?

EDIT: Looking at the path routing there, it seems to be hitting the node spawns for Khadgar's Whisker farming in WPL. The gather for that herb is a few steps past, sending you to Feralas.

This presents an interesting challenge. Khadgar's is a 160 gather. Blindweed is a 235. If you're following the Alchemy guide straight through and dragging Herbalism along with it just levelling that up by gathering what you need for the guide, when you get to the step to gather the Blindweed your skill won't be high enough to actually gather it yet. The Blindweed gather should come at the end of this section, not the beginning. Alternatively, the gather for Blindweed could be done with the section in Feralas as there are several spawns there (Actually more than in WPL) for it as well near where the Khadgar's Whisker points are.

Comment

Problems still exist in 3.3.2957

The issues mentioned in my EDIT section above still exist in 3.3.2957.

Had a quick look at the Alliance version and that has you farm Khadgar's til 235 then go for the Blindweed, which makes sense. It also has you farm in Feralas, which has more node spawns and is on the same continent as the other farming steps in the section, which again, would seem to make more sense. The first farm step on the horde version is to gather the Blindweed in WPL, which you won't be able to if you've just been following the Alchemy guide to skill up your Herbalism as you'll only have 225 skill at this point. Further, the farming route points only take you where Khadgar's nodes are, not where Blindweed nodes spawn.

Would seem to me to be better to copy the Alliance version of this section and just change the flight points to the Horde versions.

Comment

Originally posted by daeymien View Post
                  Would seem to me to be better to copy the Alliance version of this section and just change the flight points to the Horde versions.
                  Done. Should appear in our next update.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                  X