rep guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rep guide

ok so i purchased and downloaded the rep guide thinking cool now it will be easier to get the rep i need for fire lands and other reps that came out in cata but wth they are not in there?

also the title achievement guide for the insane step 3 is out of order or something tells you to go to booty bay then ride the boat to rachet then talk to a npc in booty bay

Comment

Looks like the Cataclysm faction reputation guides are only in the dailies guide package currently. This is due to fact that Zygor wanted to switch over to a subscription model where everyone would have every guide.

I'm sure this will be fixed in the future.

The other issue is in the Bloodsail Buccaneers Solo guide, it has an include "rideto_ratchet" at the beginning which is not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
        Looks like the Cataclysm faction reputation guides are only in the dailies guide package currently. This is due to fact that Zygor wanted to switch over to a subscription model where everyone would have every guide.
        WOW! Epic fail! Where I come from that's called fraud.

I'm sure this will be fixed in the future.
        And Zygor gets to keep our money in the mean time? hmmmmm

The other issue is in the Bloodsail Buccaneers Solo guide, it has an include "rideto_ratchet" at the beginning which is not necessary.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by ericcable View Post
          WOW! Epic fail! Where I come from that's called fraud.
          And where I come from stepping into every thread and trolling around normally earns you a forum ban.
          Everyone is invited to share his / her opinion but it should remain factually and attacking moderators who only try to help is a very bad behaviour.

Comment

And where I come from stepping into every thread and trolling around normally earns you a forum ban.
            Everyone is invited to share his / her opinion but it should remain factually and attacking moderators who only try to help is a very bad behaviour.
            Excuse me. I'm not trying to troll nor was I trying to attack anyone.

I'm trying to find out if 1)my install is just messed up or 2) yes, in fact Zygor has sold the Reputations package while it is still not complete. If #1 then a suggestion other than "press repair on the updater", which I have tried, would be appriciated. If #2 then it's not cool that Zygor sold us an incomplete product.

Thanks for your attention.

I will go delete my other posts now.

Comment

UPDATE:

OK, so I deleted my Zygor folders from my addon folder on my machine.

Then I went to me member page and downloaded the zip file and then unzipped it to the addon folder.

When I went into the game I still see the same (lack of) content.

I still see no Cata in the rep guide and when I go into Northrend for example, I see nothing for Sons of Hodir or anything else other than Argent Tournament.

So my question is... am I doing something wrong, or is what I'm seeing 'correct' according to the current version of the guide?

If the former, would it help if I deleted both folders from my addon folder, then deleted the updater, then deleted my cache prior to re-unzipping the guide files to my machine?

Thanks

Comment

The problem is that a week ago Zygor wanted to switch over to a subscription model where every user would have had every guide. They changed this due to customers complaints but some things got overlooked. It is indeed not nice that this happened but mistakes happen.

Quite some guides need to be in both the dailies and reputation package and I'm sure this will be fixed soon.

I looked up what is currently inside the reputation guide:
                Home Cities Reputation, Timbermaw Hold Faction, Cenarion Circle Faction, The Steamwheedle Cartel, Ravenholdt, Darkmoon Faire, Argent Tournament Grounds Aspirant Rank Dailies, Argent Tournament Grounds Valiant Rank Dailies, Sporeggar Faction, Kurenai Faction, Cenarion Expedition Faction.
                There are still BC guides missing and those that are in the dailies package (Kaluak, Sons of Hodir, Cataclysm factions).

We just need to wait a bit for an official statement about this topic.
                Just a suggestion for the future would be to include the guides list in the trial version so everyone can see what he'll get.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I'll keep an eye on my email for updates from Zygor directly.

Comment

I too am disappointed. I have been a loyal Zygor customer for a very long time. Now, I realize I "SHOULD" have read the forums before I bought the new stuff. I just got them this morning, hoping to grind out some titles and such and don't see much in the way of what I bought. Heck, I didn't even see something as simple as the "Leroy Jenkins" title which should be in there.

I realize it is hard work doing what they do, but I'm not sure I appreciate being duped because that is how I feel right now.

Any word on WHEN this problem will be resolved?

Comment

ACK !!! Wish I'd read this thread before purchasing the reputation guide. Grrrrrr

Comment

ty for posting here. i thing to quit with Zygor's Guides

Comment

Working...
                        X