Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to promote Zygor to everyone I knew even didn't know that played WOW. I know most of your customers have. But I'm sure this is going to change for most of your customers now and it's not going to be anything possative.

Comment

Originally posted by alz2011 View Post
      In particular
      1) Add-ons must be free of charge.
      All add-ons must be distributed free of charge. Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features, charge money to download an add-on, charge for services related to the add-on, or otherwise require some form of monetary compensation to download or access an add-on.
      Damn you are an idiot. The addon IS FREE OF CHARGE. The GUIDES are not.

Comment

I believe the pertinent sentence is, "Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features".

The guide information could be considered a 'premium' to the viewer.

EDIT: *I* did not say this - don't go after *me*. I'm simply pointing out what I think the original poster meant.

Comment

Originally posted by bjones9942 View Post
          I believe the pertinent sentence is, "Developers may not create "premium" versions of add-ons with additional for-pay features".
          The GUIDES do not add features. They are content. Its a pretty simple concept? Content/Media versus Addon/App.

edit: however "charge for services related to the add-on" could be interpreted as "cannot charge for a subscription service related to an addon". Interesting.

Comment

But "charge for services related to the add-on"? How could the Zygor Guide Viewer usefull without the service of guides? And I don't know if blizzard would like to see a company making more money with a guide per month as they are collecting with the game-fee. (Per User not at all, of course )

Comment

Originally posted by lodion View Post
              Damn you are an idiot. The addon IS FREE OF CHARGE. The GUIDES are not.
              I think you will find you are the Idiot that will be paying the 15$ not me mate!

So long suckers

Comment

Originally posted by ohlmsjm View Post
                You mean just like you promised those of us who already purchased this "all future upgrade and content"?
                No where do we promise "all future upgrade". Expansions have always required an upgrade fee and this has been our policy since day one. However, if changes are required in the level range you own, as was the case with many customers guides after the Cataclysm, the updates are included per our "lifetime updates" policy. That is why we didn't charge a dime for the entire rewrite of levels 1-60 in Cataclysm.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
                  But "charge for services related to the add-on"? How could the Zygor Guide Viewer usefull without the service of guides?
                  You can easily create guides to use on your own independent of the guides that Zygor has released. Myself and a couple others have done this already, some of those guides are here in the forums for others to use (with Zygor's permission).
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

zygor

so sorry m8 ... through your guides i recently finished leveling the last of my level 85's one of every class. I always recommended your guides. But paying a subscription for guides i dont even want? the only guide that looks remotly interesting is the achievment and i would have purchased this, along with future guides for alliance lvling on expansions.....gold guide? dont need it! pets and mounts? wowhead is free if i really want it the list goes on. If you do them as stand alone guides at sensible prices i may purchase 1 or 2 .... but as a subscription????? no i dont thinkso. It seems that the greedy thieving accountants have got a hold of the company and ultimatly they are going to break you because this idea is very unpopular but they are not listening and or dont care

shame you were really good..... but your days are over

Comment

Originally posted by rscgamer View Post
                      I would say that asking for a subscription model at a time of economic uncertainty is wrong. I would suggest that Zygor is trying to recover his lost revenue due to increase in competition or his competitors getting better.
                      We value your opinion and will certainly take it into consideration. However, for many players, expecting them to pay lump sum fees for every guide and only one faction is also tough at a time of economic uncertainty. Many customers would love to have all of our guides but just cannot afford to pay up to hundreds of dollars for them. By giving a subscription option they can pay roughly the amount of two trips to a fast food restaurant and get our entire suite of 10 guides all at once.

Previous customers do not have to pay the monthly fee if they don't want to and will still receive all the updates they are entitled to. If you don't want to adopt the subscription for the expansion content or new products, you will still have access to the guides you payed plus the "lifetime updates" to them. The only thing that is changing for previous customers is the pricing of expansions and new products.

Comment

Per email received from Zygor:

"By our estimates, World of Warcraft is nearing the middle of
                        its life cycle and has anywhere from 3 to 5 years left as the
                        most popular online role-playing game. To compensate, Blizzard
                        has expanded their free trials to reach more customers. They've
                        also announced that new content and expansions will be released
                        much faster to solidify customer loyalty..."

To me, this is simply a last ditch effort on Zygor's part to make as much money as possible before the game loses popularity. Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                          Many customers would love to have all of our guides but just cannot afford to pay up to hundreds of dollars for them. By giving a subscription option they can pay roughly the amount of two trips to a fast food restaurant and get our entire suite of 10 guides all at once.
                          I don't know what planet you're living on but everyone in this thread doesn't want a subscription setup and would rather pay the lump sum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by playwow79 View Post
                            I will not subscribe for sure if there will be an automatic charge every month, but I will think about subscibe if we can choose when activate our account and when froze it like we can do in WoW and if the monthly fee will be very very low.
                            The plan will work like any other subscription service you have seen. You will be able to freeze your account and only pay when you actually use the guide, as opposed to what happens for many customers, which is to quit WoW after a few months even though you payed hundreds for guides.

Comment

I have bought every guide you have released. Are you saying for me to get the new guides I would have to pay the full subscription price? Sorry that's a no go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by serverleader View Post
                                only if the competitors one time fee numbers don't match
                                They don't. To get an equivalent package from any other guide vendor you have to pay over a hundred dollars, not to mention extra fees tacked on anytime there is an expansion or new product released. Zygor allows you to have everything we have and will ever make for the price of a CD.

Comment

Working...
                                X