to 1)
    wow_zyg_carb_perfect01b.jpg

wow_zyg_ant-trail-useless01b.jpg

to 3)
    wow_zyg_ant-trail-useless03b.jpg

to 4)
    wow_zyg_ant-trail-useless04b.jpg

Comment

The reason Carbonite support was dropped is because Carbonite users were relying on it being as 100% accurate as our Zygor Arrow, even with Travel enabled. Meanwhile, we removed most of intermediary steps from our guides, like "enter this cave", "climb these stairs", etc. - because the Travel system handles those on its own. The result was that for Carbonite, not yet ready to handle our Travel directions, it would always result in showing a straight direct line, instead of a proper travel itinerary. So, the decision was made to just drop support, so as not to give Carbonite users WORSE directions than those for the users of the Zygor Arrow.

However, seeing as there IS demand for Carbonite support, more than we thought - we'll be re-introducing basic support shortly (showing simple straight lines, be warned: they WILL be less helpful than the Travel directions shown on the Zygor Arrow!), and later perhaps explore our possibilities to fully use Carbonite with Travel directions.

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post
        The reason Carbonite support was dropped is because Carbonite users were relying on it being as 100% accurate as our Zygor Arrow, even with Travel enabled. ....
        that is very interesting and helpful for me to understand you. And it also explains, why I didnt ran into trouble yet, because i only want to see where to find my next goal (and i decide on my own how i get there, but i understand that this is from your point asked in the guide), and not to give me every little step, like your "enter the cave here".

I dont know if you realized it, but Carbonite is now open and has a passionate project manager, maybe tech-talk helps when you run into trouble with it.

But overall thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by wvrandall View Post
          As a long time Zygor customer and someone who has working in the IT industry for over 30 years (yes I am that old), I appreciate where Zygor's position, but I also know what they know which is the best new customer is to keep your old ones very happy.
          I'm not happy. Zygor, please reconsider this decision. It's a very frustrating step back in the capabilities of your program and your current software in now way provides the same experience as zygor and Carbonite Maps.
          I agree with what is said here.

Zygor guides has not the quality anymore as it has in earlier times, sorry I have to say this. Now you even have to guess what quest you are on, under the Arrow it only says go to fe. Darkshore while you are there, not any name anymore from a questgiver, etc...

Comment

just an idea, i havent thought it through every possible option, but it just occured to me:

what about sending a "/carb goto goto xx yy" to carbonite with the next coordinates and everything else sticks to the zygor travelling system.

I think that would solve the long distance travel problem.

i will try to give you an example, that is made up:

say, i am in a region and need to go to stormwind AH.
            Zygor will send the carb goto 88.88 99.99 to carbonite
            and the exact waypoint of the next travel-route (like leave the cave here, follow the path here, goto flightmaster, ...) to the build in one.

wouldnt that simplify stuff for you?

The advantage is, for carb users that they will see the overall direction, i need to go, no matter what lies in between.
            The problem i see is, that you would have to use the next "important" coordinate (e.g. questgiver) to send that one to carb. and a different one to your internal routing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ingeke View Post
              ... Now you even have to guess what quest you are on, under the Arrow it only says go to fe. Darkshore while you are there, not any name anymore from a questgiver, etc...
              the quest and objectives are in your guide window, at least for me?
              there is e.g.:

45. Level 86 "Leaders Among Breeders"
              Go to xx,yy
              Kill This and that

Comment

Zgdev: Thanks. I knew you guys would do the right thing. You always do. I disagree with the posted who agreed with me and said Zygor has got worse. You guys continues to get better and I'll continue buying everything you make. Looking forward to the next release.

Comment

ok now, this is not exactly the correct threat, but since i come upon it because of that topic, i will post it here, feel free to move it.

I really want to give Zygor a chance and I updated completely to 4.0.5531, to test a combination of zyg and carb.
                  * complete zygor waypoint system
                  * carb "auto track"

yes i have to arrows ;-|

But my point is a horrible drop in framerate. Where this is not completely true because sometimes i have my 75FPS but then i move and it drops to ~10 for a few seconds and then jumps up again .... ?

Just to let you know, because it was only zygor that i changed. I will do the usual "remove all addons but ..." procedure, to pinpoint the problem to zygor, or another addon.

Comment

ok now, this is not exactly the correct threat, but since i come upon it because of that topic, i will post it here, feel free to move it.

I really want to give Zygor a chance and I updated completely to 4.0.5531, to test a combination of zyg and carb.
                    * complete zygor waypoint system
                    * carb "auto track"

yes i have to arrows ;-|

But my point is a horrible drop in framerate. Where this is not completely true because sometimes i have my 75FPS but then i move and it drops to ~10 for a few seconds and then jumps up again .... ?

Just to let you know, because it was only zygor that i changed. I will do the usual "remove all addons but ..." procedure, to pinpoint the problem to zygor, or another addon.

Question: could you give an option to change the "hectic-ant-balls" to something else? Something that is more calm like e.g. slow-marching-arrows ? ;-) Thanks

Comment

You could change the Ant spacing in the Travel System section of the guide options to a higher value that would put more distance between them and maybe slow them down a bit.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

yes thanks, i tried that, but even with 50yards, the smallest, its not what i expect.

atm i experiment with changing the gfx.
                        I want to make the ants smaller like at least 50% and slower

First result: I made the green endpoint bullet transparent in the middle and this is one step.

but i didnt succeed in putting the ants below 30pts, thats what in the LUA.

Comment

I am happy that support will be back. I dont really care about the intermediate steps just the end point as I fly most of the places now and they are not required.
                          Your travel system needs to be better managed as it causes massive FPS drops and is quite often wrong.

Comment

First, I have to say that I'm very happy with Zygor (as a company), the Zygor Developers, and the Zygor Forum Administrators! My often overly-enthusiastic ranting doesn't mean I don't like the product, and all of you folks who develop it and maintain it. I'm extremely happy to have what I purchased. The Zygor team works hard, and has created a great product (The Zygor Leveling Guide). My negative tone is more out of my own frustration than anything you've done or haven't done. It's my feelings of helplessness, since I can't "fix" anything myself; I don't know how to write the code you use. I'm an expert in different fields, and they don't apply here. And, I normally don't visit the site until after I've encountered and struggled on my own with issues during the game. I realize that if I'd wait for some extended period of time before visiting the forum to write, I might come across as a little more 'friendly.' Actually, I am friendly most of the time in my life. So, please accept my apologies for appearing otherwise.

I'd like to explain my points on a couple of things I had mentioned earlier, now that I'm calm.

1. wvrandall said:
                            "I disagree with the posted who agreed with me and said Zygor has got worse"
                            I went back and read my ealier post again to see if I actually said that. I found that I did not say that, but I can see how he took it that way.

When I said "Worse than that, I can no longer get rid of..." the words "Worse than that..." should have been worded like this "Even more frustrating than that, I can no longer get rid of....". I was referencing the previous paragraph.

2. About the Travel Guide bullets:

My main concern with those is something I haven't even mentioned yet, so I will do it now. I use Carbonite, and I zoom in/out on the maps very often. An example would be when I zoom in to add a NOTE to the map marking a specific spot. Well, while trying to type the note and see the icon that I'm going to place there is nearly impossible because the SIZE of the Travel Guide bullets do NOT scale-down relative to the zoomed-in scale of my map. They are (each) huge and just a single one of them fills my map completely, and it pulses! If they were 'dashes' like Carbonite's dashed lines, and didn't scale up/down and pulsate, it would suit me fine. This issue is why I wanted desperately to know how to turn them off, until needed again. (Note: Since then, I've learned how to turn it off, but it's still not a 1-step procedure).

Anyway, thank you so much for your replies and very quick updates.
                            Last edited by kreelor; December 13, 2012, 08:38 AM. Reason: fixed a typo

Comment

Using old version until carbonite support is back. Cant wait until its back in.

Comment

Kreelor; Now I see what you mean. I retract my earlier comment and agree with you. :}

Comment

Working...
                                X