No announcement yet.

Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think any info that can be useful in a guide like Zygors, realy can be found in an alpha, because a lot of changes gona be made from the alpha stage to the final product.

No offense, yust my 2copper.

Comment

Beta is up

Hi zygor team,

Hope you get opt in for the beta.. and have the guide release before the cata date.. like what happen last wotlk.

more power ty.. and ye i dont mind if i have to pay for it.. for a reasonable prize ofc.

ty

Comment

Originally posted by shubhamcooldude View Post
        The payment for the upgrade is quite bad as it is , but now the guides have been slashed down to 30$ . Also when new people would be buying the cataclysm guide they'd be paying only the amount of cataclysm , but we had to pay for all the expansions . Feels quite a ripoff
        I can tell you that competitors guides do the exact same thing. This is not something unique to Zygor. I can also tell you that other guides are often quite slow to update. I know of one Alliance guide that still instructs you to take the boat from Darkshore to the Wetlands to run quests in the Wetlands even now.

Quite honestly, I was pleased to learn that the revised 1-80 portion will be available to current customers as an update rather than an upgrade. Since Blizzard is completely revising the Azeroth zones, making some higher levels and some lower levels, it is quite a gesture on the part of the crew at Zygor to simply give that away. We aren't talking about a lot of minor revisions like changing NPC locations, it is going to need almost a total rewrite from the bottom up, and then need to be tested to ensure the high level of efficiency we've grown to love from Zygor.

And no, I am not a Zygor staffer or a fanboy. I am a customer who has tried other guides and have tried the Zygor guides and have seen first hand how much better Zygor is than the other stuff that's out there. In one case, the guide's designer reworked the website that the guide was hosted on, and in the process just scrapped the userlist. Not only did my password no longer work, but my email address wasn't even recognized as a customer. That's part of what drove me to check out Zygor in the first place.

Comment

I have a question.

Can we get a cool new look for the viewer for Cataclysm?

EDIT: Also if you need anyone to help test the Cata guides before launch, I'm in the beta

Comment

Damn you, I'm still checking the email every day waiting to see a beta invite.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

sad

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
              Why? There are several that have posted this is unfair, and I dont get it.
              You and I both agreed to pay whatever it is we paid to get the guides; same goes for the clothes you are wearing right now. Once paid for, you cannot go back to whomever and say, "HEY!! I bought my new clothes for $150.00, and now they all are on the clearance rack!! I want the difference, or give me a new outfit to make up the cost difference!"
              While I agree getting what I have for 1/2 off would have been nice, it is hardly a ripoff. Its called a sale. Happens every day of the year.
              Help me understand how Zygor ripped you off when you are the one that hit the payment button.
              I love zygor guides and i love what you guys do for the wow community but one question if you guys will make it the full price for members and new people that are buying it or will we just have to pay for the cata part and also please don't promises us free updates for life but any way i love ur guides and i kind of did feel cheated but you got to do what ja got to do ZYGOR FOR EVA

Comment

You were promised free updates for life and that's what you get. You purchased the 1-80 guide and you can update that guide for free as long as you want. The 81-85 section of the guide that will be out for Cataclysm isn't something you purchased so of course Zygor isn't going to just give that away for free.

The difference here are the two words 'update' and 'upgrade'. Updates are when the current quests change and the guide needs to be changed to reflect that so it's not broken. Upgrades are when new content or features are added to the existing guide. You'll never have to pay for an update, but you might have to pay for an upgrade depending on what content/features are being added.

And I do understand how you feel. I purchased my guides back when they were $50 each and there wasn't a bundle for reduced pricing. But at the same time I know how the economy works, how businesses are constantly changing the price of something, and that I got a superior product for my money and it was all worth every penny I paid.

Comment

I am sorry, but I have to laugh at all the people that say they have been "cheated" because they bought the guide when it was $50 (as I did) and now its $30. What a crack up!

Firstly - who forced you to buy the guide in the first place?

Secondly - its called a SALE

Thirdly - Most of you will pay full price for the Cata expansion from Blizzard because you want it NOW - and 6months later Blizzard will reduce the price. Will you also be crying foul????

Fourthly - its called a SALE

BTW. Classic WoW (and Burning Crusades) can be bought at the Gamming Shops at a fraction of the price when they originally came out. Yea - its called a SALE

Lastly - ALL goods de-value. I see my plasma TV in shops for $1000.00 less then what I paid for it 8months ago. Its normal Retail practice. If you want the newest product now - you pay top dollar. Wait 6months - and it will be a lot cheaper. Its your call.

Comment

So how does the retooling of the Talent Trees affect the guide. Is that a update (free) or a upgrade (Pay).
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I believe that that will be a free update.

Comment

I would like this kind of pricing:

80-85 guide - $25
                        new race starting guides - $25

Bundle - $40
                        "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listenin' to her enough, or somethin'. I don't know, I wasn't really payin' attention."
                        Dumb & Dumber (1994)

Comment

80-85 and new races will be one upgrade. I don't believe Zygor ever intended to do them as 2 separate upgrades.

Comment

Most likely you'll pay an upgrade fee which includes the starting race and 80-85 sections for each of your guides (if I remember properly). I could be wrong, though.
                            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Cata guide

I dont really care if i have to pay as long as there is 80-85 guide.. and as long as it is done before the cata release

Comment

There's no guarantee it will be ready for the Cataclysm release. That will depend on if Zygor and the team get invites into the beta testing or not. If they don't get beta invites then they have to wait until Cataclysm is released before they can even start working on the new content. They've also got a commitment to the current guide users to re-write the whole 1-60 portions of the guide to reflect the zone changes that will take place for all players regardless if you own the Cataclysm expansion or not. I can guarantee tho that they'll have it all released as soon as they possibly can.

Comment

Working...
                                X