No announcement yet.

Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the guide after WotLK came out (in late 2009), so that's two expansions. I did some web research on which guide was optimal, but I didn't run into a page telling me about the "additional fee every time an expansion comes out". I scanned the forms here too and didn't see it.
    In addition, I sent an email asking about whether the guide would be updated for Cata. I was told yes, but no mention of the additional fee for the 80-85 portion.

I completely understand the extra work, and I know I purchased a level 1-80 guide, and don't expect anything more than that. However, would it really be too much trouble to state this clearly when people are buying the guide? Just a line saying that when the level cap is raised, customers should expect to pay more for those additional levels.

Just to be clear: I am not asking or expecting anything for free, but I think this policy could be a bit more clear, and that Zygor could inform potential buyers of this. After all, this has been done twice before so the makers of the guide should know how it works.

Comment

This information is actually available in the main FAQ that you can reach by clicking on the FAQ link at the top of the main page. It's the 5th question and it does state that the expansions will require a small upgrade fee.

I do however understand what you're saying and maybe Zygor will add in a sentence or two about it somewhere else on the main sales page.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cataclysm Upgrades

As far as I know, I have purchased all the Guides that you now have. They include the following ...

Contents for your membership include:
        Zygor Guides Viewer addon
        Zygor Leveling Guide - Alliance
        Zygor Leveling Guide - Horde
        Zygor Dailies and Events Guide - Alliance
        Zygor Dailies and Events Guide - Horde
        Zygor Talent Advisor addon
        Zygor Talent Builds

In addition, I qualify for the 6 Bonus Guides though the Talent Builds is now part of the 2.0 Guides. Even though I wish you would offer a version of the Auction Appraiser Guide for users of Auctionator (which I use) rather than Auctioneer, I can live with it.

I don't mind paying for the new content once Cataclysm comes out though I hope it's about the same price as what has been stated in this topic. I know that I'm going to want to get the new Dailies Guides as well. However, I rather dislike the idea of having to buy (1) the Cataclysm Horde Guide, (2) the Cataclysm Allaince Guide, (3) the expanded Horde Dailies and Events Guide, and (4) the expanded Alliance Dailies and Events Guide (4 different upgrades).

In other words, I'm hoping that there will be an upgrade price for ALL the new Guides in one package, hopefully at a slight discount to your good , loyal, customers.

Comment

Originally posted by webber1492
          I don't mind paying 20 bucks but if you charge me 30+ that is quite ridiculous to say the least. Please don't condescend me by referring to economic's and business practicalities.
          We haven't made any decision on the final pricing yet but we will work for a solution that pleases everyone.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Actually, zarpus raises a good point. I too would like to see a package of all of the new 80-85 content offered from release. I'd much rather buy everything in one lump and then forget about it until the next time - even if I do rarely level an Alliance toon

Comment

I don't care about the 30 bucks. Ive got it so I don't mind spending it.

However, and forgive me if this is posted elsewhere, but will Zygor 80-85 guide be released at the same time as Cata? Or preferably, before Cata release? So that it will be good to go upon Cataclysm installation?

Thanks!

Comment

The team will do their best to have the 80-85 stuff done to coincide with the Cataclysm release. This however is not guaranteed simply because of the amount of re-writing that needs to be done with all the guides to cover the massive changes coming with Cataclysm.

Comment

Thanks to the Zygor team who put together the best guide ever.

I can't believe people are complaining about the fee for upgrading to Cata... Do you not realize how much work and effort goes into these guides? They're trying to run a business and with out revenue there will be not business (i.e. guides)

Once released I will be first in line to purchase... I cant wait.

Comment

When the new guide is ready let me know. I totally understand about the price and will pay the price for a awesome guild You can count on me.
                    The >NEW< game guide is not a update please people stop your crying.

no spulham I'm first in line lol

Comment

Let's not forget here guys that your technically paying for the update as well so your getting the 80-85 the starting zones and the 1-60 update for $30 seems reasonable but I wouldn't complain if it came down, either way I'm buying it as soon as it becomes available.

Comment

Any news? can't wait for cata to comes out

Comment

The Beta test for Cataclysm is now starting. I have friends who just got there emails 3 days ago and are downloading or finished downloading. I am sure we will see some updates from Zygor and Staff soon.

Comment

Actually the beta test for Cataclysm started almost a month ago. Blizzard has been sending out beta invites in waves, normally one wave per week, so that just means that you're friends are lucky enough to finally be invited.

Comment

I would just like to point out that ive been on beta for 3 weeks now and still have not gotten an email. I only found out when i went to go on ptr and i had a choice of 2 accounts to log in as.
                              Just saying look at your account dont wait for an email 8).

Comment

Hi,

sorry for my english it's not my native language

Is the cataclysm leveling guide will be ready with the release of the addon on december?

I know it's a question of the FAQ but since the first post is there anything new about it?

Comment

Working...
                                X