No announcement yet.

Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before I buy this dailies guide, im certain that new dailies will be introduced in the 85 content. I for one would pass on the current dailies guide if their is a second one for 85 toons, can you confirm if the dailies guide which covers level 80 dailies will be updated free to include 85 dailies.

(By this I mean the guide in question that includes level 80 dailys, will be updated/upgraded/what ever word you use to include the dailies involved at level 85 for FREE from the previous purchase of the level 80 dailies guide)

that is my question, and somehow I think its still gonna be missunderstood due to this quandry over update/upgrade. people just want to know if they have to spend more money, but theirs too much word games going on.

Comment

I give up.
      I even posted the defenitions of the terms upgrade and update, as given by reputable dictionary publishers, along with a long and drawn out example.
      Someone else got this?
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I completely understand your question so no misunderstanding there.

As far as I know (no official word from Zygor) this will be just like the leveling guides in that you'll need to pay an upgrade fee for any new content above level 80.

If you don't currently own the Dailies guides and can live without it for a little bit then I'd personally suggest waiting until Cataclysm is released and get the Dailies guides then.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          I completely understand your question so no misunderstanding there.

As far as I know (no official word from Zygor) this will be just like the leveling guides in that you'll need to pay an upgrade fee for any new content above level 80.

If you don't currently own the Dailies guides and can live without it for a little bit then I'd personally suggest waiting until Cataclysm is released and get the Dailies guides then.
          Thank you, prompt response that answers my question.

Comment

How long after Cata comes out will the new dailies for level 85 player's be available? I find it hard to believe that they could be available at the same time as the new leveling guide especially with the leveling in beta capped at level 83.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
              How long after Cata comes out will the new dailies for level 85 player's be available? I find it hard to believe that they could be available at the same time as the new leveling guide especially with the leveling in beta capped at level 83.
              we are only a few months into beta from what i can remember Both tbc and wotlk had 6/8 months of OPEN Beta and they released content as they fixed the lower content but i expect depending on how the beta works out but i would expect alot of the dailies to be Finished if not all of them

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                It depends entirely on what is released and how much time before release we have to work on them. Just know that we are working diligently to have all guides updated as fast as possible. The answer to all "when" questions is essentially "as soon as possible".
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Effort determined yet for new 1-60 path?

I am not in beta, but from what I am reading there are some significant changes in the 1-60 questing path, with some quests changing, some disappearing, and altogether new quests emerging to map to the new terrain/story line.

Has the development staff been able to adequately determine the level of effort required to update the existing 1-60 quest progression? If so, does a zygor guide release date coinciding with a cataclysm release still seem viable?

I would think the majority of development time is invested in 80-85 right now, but I am actually excited about running a new toon through the new 1-60 content as well.

Thanks in advance for your response...

Comment

I can only guess as to their priority on guide stuff, but I would imagine that the main priority would first be to make sure all 1-80 content will work because without that working then all existing customers would be affected and unable to use the guides. After that then I'm sure they're focusing on the 80-85 portion and the 2 new starting races.

I'm sure we'll see the update for 1-80 available at Cataclysm release and more than likely we'll see the 80-85 upgrade available then too, if not probably within a week or two. I'm pretty confident with this estimate because the Zygor staff are some of the best out there.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Nothing earth shattering to add to this other than the update being free and the upgrade being an additional cost doesn't sound unreasonable at all. Don't envy them having to go back through the 1-60 quests.

Arm

Comment

cataclysm dailies

when cata comes out will the dailies stay the same price cause thats when i want to buy them

Comment

Do not take this as gospel, but I have been told Cata has a tentative release date of mid November.
                          Also told that Blizz are working on a completely new game, that will blow WoW out of the water. The reason why for the huge gap between LK and Cata is staff that would have worked on Cata have been moved to the 'new project'

That being said, if this 'new project' is as awesome as I have been told, the future of another 2 expansions (Blizz have always said WoW will have 5 expansions in its duration) seem unlikely.

Comment

Vanilla wow was released Nov 04
                            BC Jan 07 (2 years 2 months)
                            WOLK Nov 08 (1 Year 10 Months)
                            Cat Poss Nov 10 (2 years appox)

So basically 2 years per expansion. Cat will be longer to come out than wotlk beacuse they have a hell of a lot more work to do, not because devs have been moved to the new IP MMO (prob 3-4 years away still, wow first shown 2001). I beleive this was stated at last blizzcon.

Vanilla, BC and WOTLK all had there release dates anounced in september so we should know soon (well CE box info is out) I would be surprised if its out before blizzcon im betting mid to late nov poss early dec.
                            Hell ill say Nov 23rd 8)

Comment

No probs Quall

I just thought I would share what a person who actually does work for Blizzard from time to time said to me. But hey, what would she know.

They definately want out before Christmas (not having it on the shelf for the Christmas Rush isnt an option) so yea late November would be the latest. So dont be surprised if there is a period of extened maintenances after the release as they fix bugs that they ran out of time to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by trevo66 View Post
                                No probs Quall

I just thought I would share what a person who actually does work for Blizzard from time to time said to me. But hey, what would she know.

They definately want out before Christmas (not having it on the shelf for the Christmas Rush isnt an option) so yea late November would be the latest. So dont be surprised if there is a period of extened maintenances after the release as they fix bugs that they ran out of time to fix.
                                yeah you can pretty much bet the farm that "bugs" will be aplenty.
                                I mean who here doesn't remember falling through the floor in certain zones when WOTLK first came out?
                                http://www.nomorenoob.com - For your warrior needs
                                http://world-of-warcraft-help-guide.blogspot.com - for the rest of your needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X