No announcement yet.

Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what the correct talent for the bird is and if this OR with the | Symbol is intended to be in the guide.
    You can fix it by opening the ZygorTalentAdvisor\Builds\ZygorGuidesBuilds.lua file and search for dash. The first is the comment, the second is the talent build (line 409). If the bird has the talent dive then just delete the Dash| before that and it should be working.
    Remember to backup the file first and a guide update will overwrite the file so if this is not fixed with the next update you will get the error again.

Comment

Far as I know Cartman it's supposed to be there. The problem from before was that the Dash|Dive was backwards. There is a comment at the beginning of the pet list of how it's supposed to be written but it was backward. So I don't know the problem that's wrong with it now.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you Cartman and chaos5061,
        i have tried all of your tips but still no joy.
        I have writen down the talents for the bird of prey and will work from my list.
        Not ideal but it will have to do untill a fix comes out.
        I appreciate the help guys

Comment

I have a question for the druid feral tanking build.

Why select the talent "King of the jungle"? it increases damage done by 15% when enrage is active, but enrage itself has a side-effect of increasing damage you take by 10%.
          Why promote the use of a skill which makes you take additional damage in a spec meant for tanking?

Why not instead go 2/2 brutal impact and 2/2 in endless carnage for 10s CD interrupt and 8s increased duration on the pulverize effect(9% crit, equaling more damage and higher trigger rate of savage defense.)?

Comment

Originally posted by stevesteve40 View Post
            i have tried all of your tips but still no joy.
            You will also be disappointed, if Beast Mastery, to find that they only have 16 talents in the cunning tree rather than BM's 20 points. The other trees now have 20. I too have reported this several times, along with the 'dash|dive' error. This is still broken as of 1625.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesteve40 View Post
              I have used 'Zygor Guides Updater' and its the current version 1609 and its still not working, i will do a manual update tomorrow and post if its fixed or not :-)
              Hey, all. I am new in here and saw this post. So, I thought I would just chime in.

While looking in the ZygorGuidesBuilds.lua file I noticed that the Dash/Dive line has "---" instead of "//" Not sure if this would fix anything but you may try changing it from:
              -- remember, for land/air type pets the corresponding talents are Dash|Dive and Charge|Swoop - write them as shown.

to:
              // remember, for land/air type pets the corresponding talents are Dash|Dive and Charge|Swoop - write them as shown.

My 2C,

desettle

Comment

No I don't think so. The --- just means that is a comment. if you try putting // in front of it that means it will think it's a build not a comment which is all that is supposed to be.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                  No I don't think so. The --- just means that is a comment. if you try putting // in front of it that means it will think it's a build not a comment which is all that is supposed to be.
                  I appreciate your reply and please excuse my ingorance for a moment, but, why would it be considered code or "build" if you use "//" in the first two characters in the line? The other lines have the "//" denoting a comment. See below:

Great Stamina //LVL20

I am just trying to learn here.

Thanks,
                  desettle

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                    I noticed that on WOWHead the talent is shown as "Dive" not Dash|Dive" is this simply how WOWHead does it?

I noticed that the comment also talks about "Charge|Swoop" but only list "Charge" for PET Tenacity. Is it possible that Swoop|Dive should only be "Dive"?

Just wondering.

Thanks,
                    desettle

Comment

Ok now that I look it is a comment mark in the Talent Advisor. I tried it and here's what happened you break the Talent Advisor the are no builds any more and you get this lua error:
                      1x ZygorTalentAdvisor-2.0.1391\Builds\ZygorGuidesBuilds.lua:379: unexpected symbol near '/'

Locals:

---
                      So apperantly Zygor is going to need to be the one to fix it.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Both -- and // are used to denote comment lines but there is a difference. The // means that whatever follows on that line only is a comment, this is good for just typing out a couple of words quick as a comment. The -- will put anything that follows as a comment until you press return to end the comment section, this is good when you have a whole lot to say for a comment and it's not limited to the current line.

The Dash|Dive and Charge|Swoop formatting is something that's used by the Talent Advisor because it used to be that depending on what pet you had it would be one or the other displayed in game. I'm not sure if Blizzard changed it around so that it's always the same name now, but as Chaos says this is something that the Zygor team needs to fix as there's no simple solution.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          Hehe, I'm probably worse off than Silverhawk. I've never leveled a warrior.
                          Be happy.

By my experience, contrary to what I've read elsewhere about it being one of the easier classes to level, I find the class to be one of the harder ones to level up, especially in the middle levels (around 30-50). Also, by what I've seen, when it comes to soloing instances at higher levels just about any other class beats a Warrior hands down no matter what build you use on it.

Heh.... When it comes to favorite classes in RPG's for years the Warrior has always been my favorite. But, then again, when it comes to WoW, it's readily possible I could just suck at playing Warriors.

Comment

Don't forget to pop your Victory Rush. And also don't forget to Glyph for it. You die a lot less. At least I did.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I started a nelf hunter and i had to delete 2 birds because of the guide. Zygor please fix the talent problem so we get what we pay for. To many problems lately and if this problem have been reported for several days ago i think you should act or give a compensation to the users. Please fix this problem asap, i cant build perf build or pls write here in forum how to set the perfect pvp build cunning "bird of pray" !

Comment

First post of this thread shows you how to create your own builds to use with the talent advisor. Zygor provides leveling builds, if you're looking for a PvP build then you'll have to research it on your own and create one to use with the talent advisor if you wish to use that addon for your PvP build.
                                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                                X