Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coasty View Post
    By my experience, contrary to what I've read elsewhere about it being one of the easier classes to level, I find the class to be one of the harder ones to level up, especially in the middle levels (around 30-50). Also, by what I've seen, when it comes to soloing instances at higher levels just about any other class beats a Warrior hands down no matter what build you use on it.
    I cannot agree. My second char (and first to be played higher than level 20) was a warrior and it was sooo much fun to play. I got a little lost when starting Outlands as I had skilled wrong and did not use a leveling guide at that time. But after WotLK came out I reactivated him and he became my main character. Titan Grip was a great improvement and my fury warrior is still the best DD I have. OK, my mage with similar equipment did the same amount of damage but arcane mage is too easy to play.

Soloing lower level instances is no problem at all with a warrior. With level 80 I was able to solo nearly all BC 5 man dungeons with T10 equipment without any raid stuff (I did not try the ones in Netherstorm yet).

For easy gameplay and PVP I recommend a Draenei warrior with herbalism. Sadly they reduced healing of Gift of the Naaru but it still makes playing smooth.

Comment

I recently made my own build, but when I follow it, the advisor tells me I'm putting the points out of order of the suggested build. When I check, I find the points to be in the appropriate place even though it says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by cryptobite View Post
        I recently made my own build, but when I follow it, the advisor tells me I'm putting the points out of order of the suggested build. When I check, I find the points to be in the appropriate place even though it says otherwise.
        Can you post a copy of your build in here for the tech savvy ones to check out for you?
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by cryptobite View Post
          Kamchak has a good suggestion so please do that. But you should also know that even the builds that Zygor put in himself does this also. Zygor should be going over the Talent Advisor soon and hopefully be fixing this issue.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

As long as it only says that they were placed out of order and you don't get any messages about not having enough points/levels left to complete the build you'll be fine. There seems to be some odd bug in the Talent Advisor that wants to show this message the first time you spend points with a newly selected build even if they are selected in the proper order. I believe the team are aware of it and trying to track it down.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I noticed the blood tanking spec in Zygor's guide isn't that much of a match compared to the one for end-game tanking on the EJ forums. I'm assuming most of Zygor's builds are for 5 man (heroic or regular) and not made for 10/25 raids.

Comment

Originally posted by gregatkins68 View Post
                I noticed the blood tanking spec in Zygor's guide isn't that much of a match compared to the one for end-game tanking on the EJ forums. I'm assuming most of Zygor's builds are for 5 man (heroic or regular) and not made for 10/25 raids.
                This is correct. It will get you through leveling and beginning dugeons at 85. After that you are free to custom build your spec for the way you see best.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hello, I'm a level 63 rogue that followed the Combat spec suggestion and I was quite ok with the suggestions, but I have some questions and it would be great if someone could answer.

I was wondering why the guide suggest to get 2/2 in improved slice and dice instead of taking 2/2 improved recuperate. I think that getting as soon as possible that talent is good for leveling (increased helead percentage plus you take 6% less damage while recuperate is active). I know that at some point in the leveling you have to put 2 points as a filler, and improved s'n'd is the best filler that helps out on occasional dungeons while leveling. I also think that if someone prefers PvP than doing dungeons, a 2/2 in improved sprint may be better.

Last question I'd like to ask is that the guide can suggest a talent between the 3 suggested, actually as a newbie I selected combat casually (because I thought that have 2 good daggers for Assasination would ruin the levelin speed and Sub just rely too much on stealth, which slows down the leveling too). I would know if combat is the suggest spec by zygor or not
                  Thank you.
                  Thanks Zygor & Team for all the good work you've done!

Comment

Combat is an easier spec for Leveling but we found any can work just fine depending on how you like to level. The reason recuperate was not chosen is because slice and dice will take down more mobs in less amount of time, while you still do have recuperate just not a small percent higher. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                      Combat is an easier spec for Leveling but we found any can work just fine depending on how you like to level. The reason recuperate was not chosen is because slice and dice will take down more mobs in less amount of time, while you still do have recuperate just not a small percent higher. Hope this helps.
                      Thanks for the explaining this! From this point of view your argument is correct, and I see the point in doing that. Thanks again
                      Thanks Zygor & Team for all the good work you've done!

Comment

Were glad to help and don't hesitate if you have anymore questions, this is what the forums are for

Comment

Warlock demo - Why Molten Core

I'm very much wondering why the warlock demonology talents include Molten Core at 41, 43, and 45, when a lock wont get Incinerate until level 63.

It may be semantics, but I read the tooltip as only empowering Incinerate, NOT increasing general spell damage or decreasing general cast time.

Besides, wasting 3 points on a 6 % chance ....

Molten Core Rank 3
                          You have a 6% chance to gain the Molten Core effect when your Immolate deals damage. The Molten Core effect empowers your next 3 Incinerate spells cast within 15 sec, increasing damage done by 18% and reduces cast time by 30%.
                          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                          The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Well, to answer my own question: when it procs, it DOES look like a general damage increase, based on the tooltip for the buff. Haven't looked at the logs yet.
                            QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                            The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Talent Build INfo

Hey everyone you should really try to take a look at some of these talent builds. Everyone using them just speak highly of this group.
                              http://elitistjerks.com/
                              Maybe someone can take the build from them and make them into lua's for us to use and make it alot simpler. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barbhickling View Post
                                Hey everyone you should really try to take a look at some of these talent builds. Everyone using them just speak highly of this group.
                                http://elitistjerks.com/
                                Maybe someone can take the build from them and make them into lua's for us to use and make it alot simpler. Thanks
                                Most of the builds that are in the guide are full leveling only. The builds from elitist jerks are for end game raid and dungeons when you are level 85. Zygor did have some before the talent changes happened in 4.0.1 patch. He may put some back in later but he is mostly concentrating right now on reworking the SIS system and eliminating all the bugs from the guides. If you want you can add them yourself just take a look at about the I think it is the first 10 posts in this thread and it will tell you how.
                                I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.
                                Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                                X