Auctioneer Add On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauliwood View Post
    I didn't mean to stir up controversy, was just reading the website for Auctioneer and the costs related to keeping that add on running, and since Zygor does such a great job with their leveling guides, and when Cartographer stopped updateding and working with the guide, Zygor picked up the ball and created their own waypoint system.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there for Zygor to pick up the efforts of Auctioneer and mention I'd be willing to pay for the time and effort to keep that add on running up to date.

I see Auctioneer has been updated weth a beta version, will go and check that out.

Thanks for all the responses!
    They can't charge for addons.

Zygorguideviewer is a free download. All you pay for is the guide itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Agais View Post
      I must have missed out on this part...
      Where does zygor use auctioneer?
      Making mention of an addon in the current gold making guide is making use of said addon.

Telling people Zygor Guides and Auctioneer are the same author and owner is false, and misleading, and needed to be corrected.

I can cite legal precedence that makes those types of statements a violation of copyright law, if that is deemed necessary.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

While we encourage people to use other addons with the guide, this thread should be locked for providing false and misleading information. Also, while using development versions of Auctioneer is good for the team who develop Auctioneer, it is better to use stable versions of said addon. For info on when that is going to happen, go here:

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6777
        My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Actually, Auctioneer is a good addon but I started using Auctionator about 8 months ago and I much prefer that one now. I may try Auctioneer again sometime, just to compare them again.

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
            Also, while using development versions of Auctioneer is good for the team who develop Auctioneer, it is better to use stable versions of said addon.
            Not true.

The team needs as many people as possible to download the development version and test it out for bugs so that when they release a stable version, all the bugs are gone.

This is the reason why we have public beta tests. If what you said was true, Blizzard wouldn't be running a beta of cataclysm right now.

Until a version of Auctioneer is released for 4.0.1, the development version works fine

Comment

any word on a update for 4.1?

Comment

Looking at the Auctioneer forums you need to open the AH twice to get it working. The first time you open it you get the sound for opening and closing the AH, the second time it works.
                Keep an eye on the official site for an update:
                http://auctioneeraddon.com/
                Here's the 4.1 bug thread:
                http://forums.norganna.org/index.php...osting-issues/

Comment

For me I had to upgrade to 5.11 and then it's working but I have to open it up twice for it to work...
                  * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

I was able to get it going by deleting the old folders and updating to version 5.10. I had to use the command /auc clearscan after the first attempted scan came up empty. Still recieving some LUA errors for enchantrix/enchantrix barker but I have them disabled now.

Comment

Two intermediate fixes (a 4.1 updated version should be out soon):

-Disable Enchantrix-Barker for time being
                      -Change AHWindowControl "Protect the AH Window" to Always (in Auctioneer settings)

Comment

Working...
                      X