No announcement yet.

Talents problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are aware of this issue and we are going to be fixing this as well. There are a lot of things that can be updated, fixed and polished. Not one of these will go overlooked but we are spending what time we can getting the most important feature of our Guides working as promised. We have this as a major goal to work on and will be getting it fixed soon also.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

That last last reply reminds me of the song by Ronan Keating "When you say Nothing at all"

One secret to customer maintenance is to fix small things often, even when you are working on the holy grail. I've had great success keeping impatient customers at bay, using that tactic. My boss hated it, but I had the customers "eating out of my hand".
      QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
      The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The current problem is that the Zygor team probably is not maintaining two guides.
        If they are only working to get the "new" guide ready for release in the next days it would be additional work to implement all fixes to the current guide and release fixes to the "old" guide version.
        I'm just guessing but that's what I think because the last update was quite some time ago.

Comment

@Cartman:

Actually, the guide and the talent advisor ARE two separate addons, so fixing things in TA, wouldn't mess things up.

Even fixing things in the guide is feasible, as long as it's not in the parts of the guide being overhauled. Most team efforts in programming consist of each programmer working on his/her separate copy of the program, with frequent merges of changes, but in practice, each programmer in is working on a separate version.

I've been doing that for a living since 1984.
          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.

Comment

But with Zygor you have maybe 3 people total that work on the guides. I believe one is strictly lua coding, and if he changes something in there then the other person (or two) has to make any changes to the guide files to make them compatible. This is more like your small family business instead of some huge conglomerate.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

@Cabby:
              That only makes it easier to step aside and change something else. Less coordination, less trouble. Plus by tempoarily focusing on something else, you often get a new perspective on the central issues.

I can well understand why John feels he needs to focus solely on changing the SIS, as the interdependencies of the various quests are proving very hard to discover, but fear he is doing himself (and us) a disservice by doing that.

Grin! I bet they are having trouble with some of the breadcrumb quests being mutually exclusive- like if you take hero's call: thousand needles, you cannot get the quest in Mudsprocket and the free ride on the gryffon. I've been running myself ragged on that one - across several alts - trying to find the quest that unlocked it. Because if you don't go to thalanar, you don't get to quest in thousand needles.
              QQ

Comment

Working...
              X