OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profession Guide News! Big Update - Lots of Fixes + New Features. :-)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabby
    replied
    From what Zygor already said, the guides you already own will still be updated but without the subscription you wouldn't have access to any new guides or new stuff that covers future expansions. So if Blizzard releases another expansion next year and raises the level to 90 plus adds more races then you'd still only have what you currently have without the subscription (no 85-90 guides or guides for the new races).

Leave a comment:

• fifogigo
    replied
    As to what motivation Zygor should have to update his stuff, that would be to get more customers and keep current customers happy. Switching to a subscription plan is risky because you can loose alot of customers with it depending on the situation, citing phone and cable as a comparison is not a good one because in this society phone is necessary, and cable can be equated to internet to most people (and without internet how useful is a guide for an internet game?) Also if I understand what I was reading it would be a very bad thing to change the terms on the pre-existing customers, I paid for the guides, if it gets changed to a you must pay monthly or else loose what you paid for, well...as far as i'm concerned that would be stealing from me. Which would make me very unhappy.

Leave a comment:

• bride426621
    replied
    I have read all 120 of the replys to the subscription issue. If I was working and times were better I wouldnt mind going subscription if I was getting a bang for my buck. The problem now that I have is if Zygor went to subscription I wouldnt be able to pay for it. I am on Social Security which is a fix income. Perhaps $5.00 isnt much to you young ones but to someone on a fixed income it means less groceries or payments on other bills. I understand Zygor's problem and it is a true one, but it just means that I would have to opt out.

Leave a comment:

• Zygor
    replied
    Originally posted by lodion View Post
    Yes, but with your usual subscription service (TV, mobile phone, internet)... once you stop paying, the service stops completely.

What motivation would any customer have to keep paying their Zygor subscription, when it is working for them as it is? As someone else posted, what is to stop customers subscribing for one month after a major update, then cancelling again?
    We are implementing a solution that will not allow you to do that.

Leave a comment:

• zarpus
    replied
    Yeah, and plus, when there is a WOW patch, it will probably be broken again anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mzanker
    replied
    Well, there isn't apart from them being stuck with a particular version, along with that version's bugs, etc.

Most people are honest, though, and they want their guides to be bang up to date.

Leave a comment:

• lodion
    replied
    Originally posted by mzanker View Post
    Presumably you won't get any bug fixes or updates if you don't subscribe. Remember that you need an active account to either download the latest guide or use the updater.
    Yes, but with your usual subscription service (TV, mobile phone, internet)... once you stop paying, the service stops completely.

What motivation would any customer have to keep paying their Zygor subscription, when it is working for them as it is? As someone else posted, what is to stop customers subscribing for one month after a major update, then cancelling again?

Leave a comment:

• mzanker
    replied
    Presumably you won't get any bug fixes or updates if you don't subscribe. Remember that you need an active account to either download the latest guide or use the updater.

Leave a comment:

• lodion
    replied
    Originally posted by Roeth View Post
    Out of interest, what is stopping people just paying $5 whenever a large update is realeased? That sounds hugely cost effective for buyers.
    I'm curious about this also. In its current form Zygor is simply a WoW addon. Once you have it, you can keep using it.

Without some way to remove the addon from your PC, I don't see how a subscription service would work. Zygor would need some way to remove access to the guide when customer's cancel their sub. As it stands they do not have the capability.

Leave a comment:

• cabby
    replied
    Originally posted by blitzphk View Post
    I'm currently using the SBF packaged with realui which is 3.2 and i tried Zygor repair and reinstalled realui to no avail.

Everything worked fine yesterday. I installed Zygor 2644 and my buff frames went away. I unload Zygor and they come back. Also, it's been noted by several on wowinterface's realui forums that their buff frames disappeared when they upgraded Zygor to 2644. They unload Zygor and everything is back to normal.
    Someone else had an issue with a bunch of LUA errors with the new update while most haven't. What fixed their problem, and just might work for you too, was to install the Ace3 libraries as a standalone addon.

Leave a comment:

• Kamchak
    replied
    keep the trolling in trade chat please.

Leave a comment:

• ral_partha
    replied
    Originally posted by sharlyne View Post
    ?? far from being april fools....its not april
    Really?

Leave a comment:

• rideahog
    replied
    I dont fly on airlines that charge baggage fees, I dont stay at hotels that charge resort fees & I will not switch to a software subscription service regardless of the price.

At a small subscription price the real benefactor will be the payment processor--not Zygor the developer. While a high subscription price could temporarily increase cash flow it may significantly decrease demand to the point that subscriber turnover could be an issue requiring more expenditures for marketing and less $$ available for development. Determining the price elasticity of a recreational guide could be a very tricky proposition.

I wish Zygor well in its endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• Kamchak
    replied
    SBF has yet to give me an issue with the guides. I would suggest there is a triangular effect going on with another addon being used.

Leave a comment:

• blitzphk
    replied
    I'm currently using the SBF packaged with realui which is 3.2 and i tried Zygor repair and reinstalled realui to no avail.

Everything worked fine yesterday. I installed Zygor 2644 and my buff frames went away. I unload Zygor and they come back. Also, it's been noted by several on wowinterface's realui forums that their buff frames disappeared when they upgraded Zygor to 2644. They unload Zygor and everything is back to normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X