Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone had started another thread about credit for the subscriptions if you had bought the guide already. Free 'lifetime' updates were promised for what you bought. Paying extra for new guides or expansions, I can understand that and was willing to pay a small fee for it. But the moderator who closed the other thread said "I will say this tho, if you got your guides about the same time as your forum join date then that would mean that you've already gotten a year or two worth of value out of the guides. "

So, because we've paid a lump sum up front and used it for a bit, we are no longer valued customers... even though we keep supporting Zygor by buying the upgrades?

And no one can convince me that I'm getting a better 'deal' by paying for something monthly rather than buying it outright.

Comment

This is what I'm thinking

Sounds like this may not be in game content. Because someone would just sign up for one month possibly to get the guides and then cancel. No need to re-up until the next update comes out. But if the guides are all offline content then you save your guide and can remove their access to those guides. I prefer in game guides myself. But still wouldn't pay a monthly subscription for it especially if it wasn't in game.

You are killing us Zygor. I would just give everyone the information now rather than wait while your customer base continues to lose faith in you and becomes even more disgruntled about what you are doing. You are allowing it to fester.

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
        A few questions:

1. Why get new subscribers the same content als old customers? We have paid a price to get the guides and now we have to pay the same fee per month to get a few new guides. I already have lifetimes updates to the guides, why should I pay the same fee as people, who are new? I would maybe willing to buy new guides this way, but not change my old guides to a subscription.

2. What if I cancel a subscriptions? Will alle guides be deleted or just the updates stop? It would be relly bad, if you pay month or maybe years and then have to cancel due financial problems and loose all of the content you have paid for.

3. What about the old guides in this case? Do I change completly or get my lifetime updates back after canceling the subscription?

I think 10$ per month is way to much. Within one year I would have payed nearly more than I've payed for the guides I own.

I was really looking forward to this new guides, but I think under this circumstances Zygor will not be my guide. I have to say I'm dissappointed. Of course, you want to make money with your guides and I was willing to pay 40-60 bucks for a new guide - maybe just to support you, and maybe more than other guides due your excellent support. I always thought it was fair. I own the guides now and don't have to think, if I can afford them next month. Now it becomes expensive and we depend on you. What do we get every month worth 10-15$?

1) While we have paid a bit of money for what we've got, a lot of people can't afford to drop that much at once for the guides, therefore, the cheaper monthly sub model will pull in more members as it's a bit easier on the wallet.

2) If you cancel, your guides won't be deleted as they're stored in the addons folder of your WoW directory. ie On your PC. Zygor and his team can't access that to delete them as that would be against the law.

3) With the guides you already own, they're paid for. You'll continue to get updates on them as long as WoW is around and Zygor and his team work on them. Those are yours and that won't change. The lifetime updates policy is still in effect for the current members.

As to it being worth it? Due to not knowing what the sub will be, I'll give some opinions:
        15 = Not worth it in my opinion. I feel if I'm going to pay another 15 a month, I'll just 2 box WoW and get it over with.
        10 = Also not worth it in my opinion. But it is a bit more manageable for some.
        5 = Defiantly worth it and is very manageable by most.

Keep in mind they're also releasing another 6 guides. Most of which have been requested by countless members here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
          240 at once for all 6 of the new guides.
          That is a bloody big IF right there. Would anyone seriously pay $40 for a mount and pet guide?

Comment

The problem is.... you will not get anything extra every month.

but you will pay every month..

what about this? i have a subscription for 6 months. payed $60. (no big updates)

then a new member takes a subscription payes $10. and got the same content... but i've payed $60 for it???

Comment

Originally posted by mythos44 View Post
              Sounds like this may not be in game content. Because someone would just sign up for one month possibly to get the guides and then cancel. No need to re-up until the next update comes out. But if the guides are all offline content then you save your guide and can remove their access to those guides. I prefer in game guides myself. But still wouldn't pay a monthly subscription for it especially if it wasn't in game.

You are killing us Zygor. I would just give everyone the information now rather than wait while your customer base continues to lose faith in you and becomes even more disgruntled about what you are doing. You are allowing it to fester.
              I'm 90% sure that the new guides will all be in game content. Basically b/c it would only make sense. Rep guides: Will tell you where to go and what quests to do for rep. Prof guides: Will tell you where to go (would seem to be a bit of a pattern eh?), what materials you require, possibly an estimated shopping list. Achievement guides: This one should be obvious.

There aren't very many guides that they've released that are out of game content. The AH guide, food and stats guide, arch guide (mainly b/c it's dummy proof). I can't think of any others but there may be one or 2 more.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak
                I don't know where you morons are getting your pricing information as Zygor and the team have not released it yet,
                The purchase page has already been leaked and you can check the affiliates page at this bottom of the forum...

http://www.zygorguides.com/affiliates/

Do the maths.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak
                  I don't know where you morons are getting your pricing information as Zygor and the team have not released it yet, therefore, freaking out and assuming that it's going to be 15 a month is about as retarded as a function screen door on a submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic. STFU,
                  If you bothered to read the thread, you'd have found this:
                  "Join the Zygor Guides Affiliate Program today and start making 50% commision on every sale you send our way. With our subscription service that gives access to our entire suite of 10 products, you could earn about $7.50 per customer you bring our way - per month. This is an excellent opportunity to create recurring income for yourself!"
                  50% of $15 is $7.50. That confirms the price once...
                  http://www.zygorguides.com/affiliates/

And here is the signup page itself:
                  http://www.zygorguides.com/members/s...p?template=_t2

At this stage I am hoping this "accidental" early release of pricing is deliberate on Zygor's part to gauge customer reaction.... and that with the overwhelming negative response so far, the price will be revised to a more realistic level.

Comment

Okay thinking a little further on my last post. Yes, it's a subscription but sounds like they would have to sign up for a 6 month period or would have an option for a year and couldn't cancel at any time type deal. So, you would get what it would cost to buy a guide then you can remove their access once the time period is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                      Netflix used to include both DVD by mail and instant streaming all for one price. They took away the DVD by mail and split it off into its own separate service, requiring you to pay double for what used to be included.
                      No. Netflix charged $7.99 for the online streaming service. You had to pay an additional $2.00 for the DVD service (more if you wanted more than one DVD at a time). Now they still charge $7.99 for the online streaming service, but it costs another $7.99 for the DVD service. They didn't take away services, they just increased their prices for the add-ons.

But more to the point of this thread, I paid for the alliance 1-70 guide. Then I paid for the 70-80 upgrade. Then I paid for the 80-85 upgrade. You are basically telling me that I should have waited, cause now I can get all that I paid for for a "low monthly fee". What's more is that if I do subscribe, I will basically be paying for all that stuff AGAIN. John Doe buys the monthly subscription and gets everything that I have already bought. I pay the monthly subscription and get exactly the same as John Doe. That means that the money that I already paid to buy 1-85 was wasted. At least give us the option to buy new guides outright. I would rather pay 20-30 dollars when the next expansion comes out to get the new levels upgrade.

The last thing I will say is this. The system you have had in place since you started has been working well. It has brought you millions of satisfied customers and made you a lot of money. Why would you risk all of that on an experiment that the majority of your customer base seems adamantly opposed to? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyrockers View Post
                        The problem is.... you will not get anything extra every month.

but you will pay every month..

what about this? i have a subscription for 6 months. payed $60. (no big updates)

then a new member takes a subscription payes $10. and got the same content... but i've payed $60 for it???
                        That's how subscriptions for everything works. If you get cable from your local provider at say, 100 a month. Then they run a special 4 months later where new customers can get the exact same thing for 50 a month for the first 6 months, are you gonna go complain to them about it and cancel your service? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                          That's how subscriptions for everything works. If you get cable from your local provider at say, 100 a month. Then they run a special 4 months later where new customers can get the exact same thing for 50 a month for the first 6 months, are you gonna go complain to them about it and cancel your service? I doubt it.
                          Yes, and I do it annually... they WILL give you new subscriber rates if you threaten to leave....

Comment

I will not be paying this and i dont think it is gone to work out for zygor as there is 12 pages of unhappy ppl

Comment

$15 a month??? Screw that!! You definitely lost a customer here. I'd join another MMORPG in addition to wow before I paid that for a guild each month.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                                Dulak is $15 a month for some flipping wow guides, do the maths... the hell can you expect anyone to pay that during the times we are in? I'd rather buy something nice out of the Catalogue and pay that for a year...

Comment

Working...
                                X