Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all you people still crying about the monthly sub price, STFU. There are homeless people in my town who can spend 3 or 4 hours picking up cans on the side of the road and pay for it. I'm sure if you were to save all the cans that you have from drinking soda, booze, whatever, you could do it as well. 6 to 8 bucks is not a lot of money and even I, who is on a 100 dollar a month budget, can afford. Thing is, if you can afford to play WoW, then you can pay the frickin extra for the guides. And as to those who smoke, I don't even want to hear you complain. That is a bill all in itself. It's not required to live but only to slowly kill yourself b/c your just not capable of doing it otherwise. This topic needs locked due to the insane amount of crybabies that only want to complain. And feel free to throw all kinds of hate at me as I'll not be lowering my intelligence by reading through all this crap about not wanting to pay the price of 2 gallons of gas a month to make the most of my gaming. Personally, anyone complaining about the price should read my post about the chemical fire.

Comment

I still want to know if there will be a trial period like you have with your lving guids to see if its worth the $5.99/$7.99 a month?
      and i also want to know if you only want some of the new ones cqould you just get them and pay a diffrent amount for the ones you want?
      I love this guide it has helped me lv 6 toons to lv 85.

Comment

Originally posted by julius View Post
        New Products Include:
        * Professions
        * Achievements
        "* Pets & Mounts
        * Titles
        * Reputations
        * Macros
        * Future Expansion Upgrades
        * Future Products"

Are all above -professions, macros, etc- meant to be in-game, through the Zygor addon?
        C'mon Zygor, Zygor 2, why can't we get an answer to this? If these guides are in place and ready to go, this should be a simple yes or no...

Comment

Originally posted by arkii View Post
          Alliance OR Horde (each):
          $5.99 per month

Alliance & Horde (both):
          $7.99 per month

You will not be locked into a contract at all. Zygor will be
          a pay-as-you-go service.

will you have things like a reduced price if you pay a year or six monthn(and so on) I would like that as i can pay once a year and forget about it
          I'm still waiting for a response on that...
          My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm not actively participating in this thread anymore, as I don't see a reason arguing about a $6-$8/mo subscription. I'd like to clear something up though. Forum Moderators are not staff members. We are not customer support representatives. We're entitled to our opinions as well, and as long as we're not disobeying the rules, then it's allowed. I've seen so many posts bashing Zygor's Guide on it's own community forum, I've seen members complain about those who are complaining, and I've also seen long-winded rants about the subject.

You wouldn't, and haven't, report posts that call Zygor's company a thief, or if the post is saying how "ignorant" and "unfair" this new change is, or if the post explains how the company doesn't listen to its customers. However, as soon as there's a member that sides with the company, I start getting multiple reports about that post, one including a forum moderator. Feel free to discuss the subscription changes, but remember that not everyone will agree with you. Please stop reporting posts that are not offensive. We voluntarily assist the community members. We're paying customers too, as said a million times here on the forums .
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

*clicks an imaginary like button on Silvers post*

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                Forum Moderators are not staff members. We are not customer support representatives.
                I feel the need to respond to this, as I see it directly concerning me. I don't expect nor have I ever expected the Forum Mods (volunteers) to provide the answers most of us are looking for (the inner working's / plans / what we will be getting for the money.. call it what you will). I for one simply know ya'll don't have those answers. BUT the paid staff DOES have said answers and are being tight lipped about it. Now that is not meant to be a bash on the staff but like i said earlier, I and I'm sure a few other are getting a bad taste from this whole thing, mainly we're asking question and they get skipped over in favor a copy/paste response. Really all we want is more info and we will be happy(ish) ( by us I mean the ones asking question about the new service not the ones making snide remarks/bashing about the fellow community, i agree that needs to stop)

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                  No, because addon developers still maintain copyright and distribution rights. If a third party redistributed our addon withour our permission, free or not, they could face legal action.
                  But if thats the case then how can that not be against Blizz TOU if the add on is free, then why cant I make my own text file to be read by your viewer??? Not saying I will but since I would like some of the guides you are offering but I will not subscribe Why cant I make my own text file mind you I dont want to sell it or even distribute it but if I can buy a guide for one time fee (like you "used to" offer) why cant I use your "free" addon to view it in game?

Or you could let me buy individual guides for a onetime fee and keep me satisfied so i dont want to go anywhere....

FOR CLARITY: I "own" Zygore guides I do not subscribe to the new guides, I make rudimentary attempts at making my own text files to be seen on zygore "free" viewer no distribution just notes on where to grind for this that etc.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                    Hi guys,

I'm not actively participating in this thread anymore, as I don't see a reason arguing about a $6-$8/mo subscription. I'd like to clear something up though. Forum Moderators are not staff members. We are not customer support representatives. We're entitled to our opinions as well, and as long as we're not disobeying the rules, then it's allowed. I've seen so many posts bashing Zygor's Guide on it's own community forum, I've seen members complain about those who are complaining, and I've also seen long-winded rants about the subject.

You wouldn't, and haven't, report posts that call Zygor's company a thief, or if the post is saying how "ignorant" and "unfair" this new change is, or if the post explains how the company doesn't listen to its customers. However, as soon as there's a member that sides with the company, I start getting multiple reports about that post, one including a forum moderator. Feel free to discuss the subscription changes, but remember that not everyone will agree with you. Please stop reporting posts that are not offensive. We voluntarily assist the community members. We're paying customers too, as said a million times here on the forums .
                    If you are saying that you are now refusing to participate any further in the discussion on this thread, then why are you a forum moderator?

I build and run many forums and for one of the moderators to say in a thread basically " ive had enough im no longer participating " would simply not be good enough for me as a website owner or forum admin.

I understand that most moderators on a lot of forums do it in their free time. But essentialy you are still in a position authority, for which you have either put yourself forward for or accepted the offer and therefore taken on the responsibility.

And im willing to be corrected if im wrong, but ill take a stab in the dark and assume that it was dulak's post that was reported.

I must admit i just laughed at his/her post as I saw it essentaily as being a I love Zygor post, But I can see why some people dont like being told to "STFU" by some no mark on an internet forum. And maybe (again assuming i have the correct post that has been reported) it was that and not some "I agree with Zygor" bashing going on.

Essentialy people have expressed their dislike of the new system that is being put in place, the simple fact is that It will either succeed or fail, Zygor will either make or lose money.

But as people have pointed out there are alternatives out there ( which i wont name out of respect for forum rules ).

Here is hoping that a sensible outcome will avail itself upon us and that Zygor will continue to be the guide of choice. If not no biggie maybe i can just about survive the way i always did before i used the guide. By exploring the game and getting my maximum enjoyment out of it rather than rushing to get every toon to 85 asap.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                      Update - update current guides that you own (ex - leveling 1-85)

Upgrade - new content (86-90)

Updates are free for lifetime... upgrades are not.

This was a simple response, moderator may give u more detail.

Edit: lol too late
                      What about the new cooking and fishing dailies that are still missing?

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                        C'mon Zygor, Zygor 2, why can't we get an answer to this? If these guides are in place and ready to go, this should be a simple yes or no...
                        These guides will be ready to roll out on Tuesday. I'm not speaking for Zygor, but the answer to whether or not the guides will be in game has been answered already in another thread. Read it here:

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...res.-%29/page5

While #43 doesn't give a simple answer, it certainly gives a concrete answer. It also explains (a little) why they are adding a sub model. It looks like there will be a LOT of info in these new guides.

Comment

Originally posted by mazzic518 View Post
                          What about the new cooking and fishing dailies that are still missing?
                          Those will be included in the Professions Guide

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
                            Those will be included in the Professions Guide
                            Why are they not in the dailies guide with the other Cooking and Fishing dailies?

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                              Hello,

Alright, well it has become abundantly clear that, while it
                              usually creates a fun atmosphere, the "teaser" video approach
                              was not the best way to reveal the subscription idea. We
                              realize it would have been better to reveal all the information
                              about how much subscriptions will cost, and how previous
                              customers will be effected.

So, without further ado, let's do that now, shall we? :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------
                              Subscription Pricing (No Contract):

Alliance OR Horde (each):
                              $5.99 per month

Alliance & Horde (both):
                              $7.99 per month

You will not be locked into a contract at all. Zygor will be
                              a pay-as-you-go service.

Previous Customers:

You will continue receiving updates to the products you've
                              already purchased before the introduction of subscriptions.
                              When an expansion is released, we will still offer the option
                              to Upgrade your products (whichever you purchased before
                              subscriptions) with a one-time fee. You will also be able to
                              upgrade your products by simply becoming a subscriber.

Also, even if you do adopt the subscription and then cancel,
                              you will still have access to the products you purchased prior
                              to the subscription switch (with updates up until an expansion).
                              However, upon cancelling, any of the new products within the
                              subscription would be removed.

On the topic of Updates/Upgrades. It has always been our policy
                              that an extra Upgrade fee be required to upgrade your products
                              to the newest World of Warcraft expansion. This has been our
                              policy since Zygor came to exist about 5 years ago.

New Products:

In order to gain access to the new products being released,
                              you will need to adopt the subscription.

New Products Include:
                              * Professions
                              * Achievements
                              * Pets & Mounts
                              * Titles
                              * Reputations
                              * Macros
                              * Future Expansion Upgrades
                              * Future Products

Using / Updating With Subscription:

Nothing at all changes in this department. You will update
                              and use the guides exactly the same as before subscription.
                              No need to worry about this at all.

Cancelling Your Subscription:

Again, you are not locked into a contract of any kind - you
                              can cancel your subscription at any time. If you choose to
                              cancel your subscription, you will no longer have access to
                              the products. (Previous customers read above)

We hope this clears up the mystery surrounding subscriptions,
                              and we very much look forward to continuing to provide you
                              with great products. :-)

Please let us know your thoughts! Thank you, take care.

John Cook
                              Zygor Guides, LLC
                              http://www.zygorguides.com
                              i agree hurry up 7.99

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
                                These guides will be ready to roll out on Tuesday. I'm not speaking for Zygor, but the answer to whether or not the guides will be in game has been answered already in another thread. Read it here:

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...res.-%29/page5

While #43 doesn't give a simple answer, it certainly gives a concrete answer. It also explains (a little) why they are adding a sub model. It looks like there will be a LOT of info in these new guides.
                                #43 on your linked post, does not mention as to if these will be usable in the Zygor viewer... sounds to me like the other aforementioned guides (Food & Drink, etc).... Where in the following do you see an answer to our question:

"Gold making is so EASY now, though - it's just time consuming and that will never change. You really only have a few options:

1. Dailies
                                2. Playing the Auction House (buy low / sell high)
                                3. Gathering Professions (gather and sell on Auction House)
                                4. Farming / Grinding

We already cover dailies and our Professions guides will help you learn where to gather things to sell with gathering professions. Playing the auction house is good in theory, but not everyone can do it, and it's very time consuming. Farming is super boring, but is probably the most viable option for a "Gold" guide.

Do you basically want a Farming guide? What are you looking for in a Gold guide, I guess?

Thanks."

Please tell me what I missed there....

Comment

Working...
                                X