This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
    You can still use your paid guides with free updates and even upgrade them for the next expansion by paying a one time fee.
    I have the same problem, I got tired of WoW and was disappointed that Blizzard converted questing into a single player game.
    If you are happy with the leveling guide you own just continue to use it until the next WoW expansion. Then you can either switch to the subscription model and pay less if you quit playing WoW after 4-5 months or pay for an upgrade.

You only have to subscribe if you want the new guides. And still then you can try them for some time and cancel the subscription if you don't like or don't need them and still have your old leveling guides with free updates.

I think this is a good option for me as I don't like subscriptions in general.
    I love the guides that I have, and have interest in the new guides. However, I see existing customers concern. And, please tell me if I understand this wrong. If I already own 6 guides, and would like to get the upcoming ones, I pay 7.99 a month. Even though I have already paid for lifetime updates on my 6. New customers come and get the same 11 guides I get, and also get the updates. To me it seems like as an old customer I pay for those 6 guides twice, if my subscription is the same as someone who owns none of the guides. Seems as though existing customers should have a discounted rate, or maybe 6 free months or so. I understand 7.99 isn't alot of money, but it's the principle of it for me.

Comment

Consideration for your installed base

I am in the camp with a number of your other customers who paid for the full set of guides. First off, I'm a casual player, and having friends on horde and ally, having the guides for both factions was a huge selling point for me, and why I came over from Joanna's, which I used as a hordie for years. Once I started using it, the automation and your integration with Carbonite which I also use, were huge selling points.

The fact is, that the main value of your guides continues to be in the levelling/quest functionality I already paid for.

Personally, I would like to see you consider an option for your existing customers that took into consideration our prior purchase, although I commend you for the stated policy of a non-subscription option.

Personally, I would consider paying a reduced price -- let's say 50% of the fee for a new customer. My feeling is that the core quest functionality still represents over half the fee but I would still be willing to pay you $3.99/month for a subscription to the new cross platform content.

Also please provide a discounted "pay in advance" rate for people paying for 3/6 and 12 months or whatever you think makes sense. I take advantage of this for 99% of all subscrptions I make, and it gets the money into your hands guaranteed, whilst still leveraging subscription revenue for those who aren't interested in committing.

Comment

Originally posted by andyst2409 View Post
        personally i think everyone should take a step back,,,,

relax,,,,breath (its good for your health y'know )

we are all intitled to our own opininons and (providing we dont break the rules) we can voice them here...after all thats what a forum is for.

BUT
        voicing your opinion in anyway shape or form of aggresion ultimatley will be counter productive as no one will take you seriously. I have read jibes aimed at mods in this thread, i have read the tit for tat rants between two opposing members... and to be honest its all nonsense.

i myself disagree with the sub idea... i put my point across in a reasonable manner and if things arn't changed i will vote with my wallet.. i suggest you all do too

/peace to all

Andy
        Well said Andy,
        like you i have voiced my opinion, and will not be subscribing to the new ones. ( guess us British are justcarefull with our money lol )

Steve

Comment

Down with Xygor

I can not beleve some people, WOW is just a game. We pay $15.00 a month play, which I'm fine with, I bought the guides from Zygor just like everone else did but I am not going to keep paying someone more money to keep playing this game. HELLO IT'S JUST A GAME. Where dose it stop next someone will want to get paid for playing this game. No this needs to stop you people are priceing the game right out of existence. I have found that by using the Zygor giudes that you miss so much of the game and for the most part I have stop using the guides so that I can enjoy the game more even when it gets boring. I think Zygor is going over board.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
            If you owned the Leveling or Dailies guides before subscriptions were introduced, you will be able to Upgrade those for a one-time fee - yes. If you would like any of the other products, you would need to subscribe. Fair? :-)
            Uh... NO its not... I wont tell you what you can do with your subscription, I'm sure you've been told that already. You want me to pay you (Alliance only) 71.88 a year for the guides... The reason I dealt with you people in the first place, I could buy what I wanted. I could update for free, and I could upgrade all my guides for a fair price. If I remember correclty you use to advertise that as well, it was the reason why I went with you in the first place. At this time not only will I NOT continue to endorse your product, but as soon as the next expansion comes out, I will seriously have to consider whether I'm going to continue to use you at all, I'm already looking for other options. Including just dropping WoW altogher since one of my other games I like has gone F2P...

Comment

Soo basically your saying that everyone should be like you...

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, people can afford the price, but dont thing that 5.99 x 12 or 7.99 x 12 a year is worth paying for the guide?

Comment

Hmm, alright well this has become abundantly clear that this is not working. In fact, it seems we were completely off base in thinking people would find the small subscription fee *more* affordable. It is the exact opposite, so we will likely be abandoning the subscription payment model completely for our guides and sticking to a one-time fee for each guide (and one-time fees for guide expansion Upgrades).

We're now figuring out the details, so look for an announcement later today that explains the solution and how everything will work, etc.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hmm, alright well this has become abundantly clear that this is not working. In fact, it seems we were completely off base in thinking people would find the small subscription fee *more* affordable. It is the exact opposite, so we will likely be abandoning the subscription payment model completely for our guides and sticking to a one-time fee for each guide.
                  Zygor has always dealt well with their customers, that is why I stick with Zygor.

I am glad you came to your senses,

I look forward to continuing our relationship as one of your satisfied customers

Comment

I would have paid the subscription. Your guides are the best and 71 bucks isn't that much to ask and its 6 bucks a month come on people.

This sucks because this could put Zygor out of business they were really counting on this to bring in a monthly income so they could do bigger and better things but you people can't see that
                    All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                    LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                    LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                    LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                    LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                    LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                    LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                    LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

I must say im very please to see one time fees return..... Thanks

Comment

I'll chime in here and agree with Zaetrum in saying i liked the idea of the sub. all i was asking for was more info. But who knows, maybe a compromise can be made on both sides and all will win

Comment

Originally posted by jack_wow View Post
                          I am glad you came to your senses,
                          "I'm going to lose nearly all my business" is a strong motivator

Comment

That's a shame - I was looking forward to getting all the new guides for a low monthly payment Those of us who want all the new guides are now going to be paying out a large lump sum to get them.

Comment

I liked the ideas about grandfathering it in more... like allowing those who already have purchased the guides to get the new guides for like 2 or 3$ a month. I thought that would be fair. I currently don't have the daily and event guides, so if i can pay like 2$/mo for all the guides I'm missing I'd do that. no stress.... maybe even 3$/mo... But not 8$/mo. that's too much really.

Zygor, you should consider the choice of either subscription models... either purchase out right or a monthly subscription. There will be those who would buy the subscription and those who would rather purchase out right. People love choice. you'd be the grand hero.

Comment

We may add a subscription model option later on if enough people want it, but it's not looking good right now. But, anything is possible, so we'll see later on.
                                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                                X