This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohlmsjm View Post
    Don't expect to update any of your existing products currently if you do not already have say, the Dailies and Events guides.

Looks like they disabled them:

This product is inactive and no longer for sale. This product is no longer for sale or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation
    My guess is they're implementing a new system to accommodate for the subscribers and one-time payers. They might also modify the price of the upgrade fee. I'm just taking guesses, though.
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
      If you owned the Leveling or Dailies guides before subscriptions were introduced, you will be able to Upgrade those for a one-time fee - yes. If you would like any of the other products, you would need to subscribe. Fair? :-)
      Seems fair to me. I have upgraded to all of the Cataclysm guides except for the leveling guides for both factions. I was contemplating upgrading the leveling guides as well when this subscription change was introduced. I am hoping based on what you are saying that will still be able to upgrade my leveling guides via a one time fee.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
        I'm still confused about one thing... how will this work? Are the subscription files (guides) not going to be downloaded on our PC's? If they are, how will you remove our access to them? Or are they set to "self destruct" if we don't login to Zygor launcher thingy...
        I would like a answer to this myself. Personally i dont like unknown people "messing" with files on my computer without me knowing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
          You don't have to pay any additional fees unless you want one of the 6 new guides or guides you do not already own. We are still going to offer lifetime updates to guides and the ability to upgrade to new expansion content for a one time fee like we always have.

will there be an option to buy the new guides without an monthly fee?

Comment

Originally posted by jazerra View Post
            will there be an option to buy the new guides without an monthly fee?
            Unfortunately, no.
            It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by venom925 View Post
              I would like a answer to this myself. Personally i dont like unknown people "messing" with files on my computer without me knowing about it.
              This is what I am wondering

Comment

It's a much easier pill to swallow for 7.99 being between all 4 of my accounts have well over 45 toons from level 80 up. I like the idea that I will still be able to buy my existing product upgrades in one lump sum excluding the new items of course (subscription needed for that stuff). That suits me fine.

Just an idea--------

I am interested in perhaps the macro portion only of the new material... that being said, do you not think it would be a fair solution to also allow the new items to also be sold separately and added to a cart for perhaps a higher price tag AND available only to previous customers "GRANDFATHERED"... All new people coming in would need to subscribe. And because the single prices of the new items are a bit more expensive, it would be an incentive to migrate over as a "GRANDFATHERED" customer to a subscription based customer.

I need a REASON to migrate to subscription even at 7.99 because it's only 1 of the new items I would want. I also understand lines do have to be drawn in the sand as to how much to give and take and not all of us will be happy. Perhaps if I was interested in more of the new products I would migrate.

You at least appear to have given it more thought and I'm now staying with Zygor as opposed to what I was thinking before your announcement.

Thanks Again
                Connectix
                Last edited by connectix; September 27, 2011, 07:44 PM. Reason: changed a typo

Comment

Well, today's announcement answered the pertinent questions and should put all of the complaining to bed.

After all of the shouting, $5.99 a month, although a bit higher than I'd like, is a reasonable fee, so I have no problem with getting a subscription.

As a suggestion though, for future announcements, the teaser approach to product announcements or services do NOT work that well, it just annoys customers. I know it's continually annoyed me. Just tell us the news all at once instead of spreading it over several days or a couple of weeks.

---

OH, as an ex-communications person, talk about annoying stuff!!!

Please folks, "payed" is not a word... The correct past tense spelling is "paid"...

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Comment

Originally posted by venom925 View Post
                    We will not mess with files on your computer but you will no longer have access to the guides if a subscription is not active (with the exception of guides purchased BEFORE the subscription switch).
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I think Connectix is on to something there... a separate subscription package for new items only... that would be something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlmsjm View Post
                        Don't expect to update any of your existing products currently if you do not already have say, the Dailies and Events guides.

Looks like they disabled them:

This product is inactive and no longer for sale. This product is no longer for sale or has been disabled due to a terms of service violation
                        Yeah I discovered that when I went to try and by my last Dallies/Events guides. I think it is messed up they wont allow us to opt out to by them before the upgrade for current members.

Comment

We will not mess with files on your computer but you will no longer have access to the guides if a subscription is not active (with the exception of guides purchased BEFORE the subscription switch).
                          Still confused... so we will NOT download these onto our computer and will be working/using them from a server? Will this affect game play? (as in lag issues)

Comment

How are you going to accomplish that?

Comment

To all that live paycheck to paycheck and try to enjoy wow, better not go past your bank funds or your $6 subscription will cost you major money in bank fees. So in this case I would rather buy the guide outright. See my point of view Zygor

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                                Hello,

-------------------------------------------------------------
                                Cancelling Your Subscription:
                                -------------------------------------------------------------

Again, you are not locked into a contract of any kind - you
                                can cancel your subscription at any time. If you choose to
                                cancel your subscription, you will no longer have access to
                                the products. (Previous customers read above)

http://www.zygorguides.com
                                Again i have to ask, How will we be restricted from using the "new" products if we do decide to cancel our sub? Because from the way it sounds i will have to log into a third party deal to use the "new" guides. A little clarification on this would be most appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X