This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viruzzz View Post
    As long as you use every guide every month you are getting their value.
    But if these were stand-alone, almost nobody would buy them all. The new guides don't really have much of what you would call "replay-ability" if this was a game, most people wouldn't need or want this for all their characters, the meat of the product clearly lies in the leveling guides.
    I agree. I do wish they would have allowed subscriptions based on the individual product for about $0.99/guide rather than an entire suite, but I won't complain if I'm only spending $5.99 each month. These are only the guides they offer now. If they offer a dungeon leveling guide, then I'd gladly pay $5.99/mo just for that guide, but it will be included for the same price I was paying previously.

Events are part of the daily guides for current customers, they are called "Dailies and Events" guides
    My apologies, I forgot to put the parenthesis next to it. It's a list I wrote from the teaser video .
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

The Zygor Updater already has been doing file checks and 'messing' with files on your system since it was introduced a year (?) ago. It's no different from the WoW launcher.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
        Ok for all of those who are not tech savvy, I hope you read this quick as it may get deleted.
        Blizzard removed the api coding that allowed addons to access external programs, therefore, the guides can't connect to any servers just to make sure you have an active sub. That is done via the Zygor launcher. If you're dishonest enough to not keep up with the 6 or 8 dollar a month thing then you should die in a chemical fire, but anyhow, the Zygor launcher connects directly to the servers here and updates the guide once you click the update button. It downloads the files to your PC. If you cancel your sub, the only way those files will get deleted is if you run the Zygor launcher and tell it to update or repair b/c it will then check your sub status and promptly add/remove the guides to match your status. Legally, noone can access your PC unless you give them permission. Which means that not even Zygor or his team can delete ANYTHING from your PC without facing serious jail time. Honestly, I'm surprised that there are people using the internet that don't already know these things. I can handle the 8 a month for both factions, even with my very limited income. I don't see why anyone else can't.
        Dulak, you crack me up.

On the posts that you have NO risk of having deleted you are paranoid about their deletion.
        On posts where you go off on someone you dont say anything about deletion of posts.

'Fraid you got it backwards good man.

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thanks for the Netflix post

Yeah, I think the main problem is that they think that everyone that uses the guides do it like everyday or week.

I also spend lot's of time without even loggin' on my WoW account or in any need of the guides. I do raids and pvp a lot, so I not use the guides that much.

But if/when I am in the mood to do a little leveling is good to have the guide there ready to go.

The subscription model - for me at least - would never work at all. It is good that I have the guides that I need and there will the option to upgrade them in the same way as before.

But, as this is a constructive post, I think that is good to keep in mind that there are more people like me that are potential new buyers and will not fit at all on the new model.

I understand the "why" Zygor need a new model to keep going, but the two models should, in my humble opinion, walk side by side for the reason above.

I have no idea about the size of your userbase, and how much you need to charge monthly to keep going, so any solid opinion from me, or any other user is not that good because we have not the full picture.

As I said before, the subscription model just not work for me or people with gaming habits like mine. If it was insanely cheap, yeah, perhaps.

Comment

Ok for all of those who are not tech savvy, I hope you read this quick as it may get deleted.
            Blizzard removed the api coding that allowed addons to access external programs, therefore, the guides can't connect to any servers just to make sure you have an active sub. That is done via the Zygor launcher. If you're dishonest enough to not keep up with the 6 or 8 dollar a month thing then you should die in a chemical fire, but anyhow, the Zygor launcher connects directly to the servers here and updates the guide once you click the update button. It downloads the files to your PC. If you cancel your sub, the only way those files will get deleted is if you run the Zygor launcher and tell it to update or repair b/c it will then check your sub status and promptly add/remove the guides to match your status. Legally, noone can access your PC unless you give them permission. Which means that not even Zygor or his team can delete ANYTHING from your PC without facing serious jail time. Honestly, I'm surprised that there are people using the internet that don't already know these things. I can handle the 8 a month for both factions, even with my very limited income. I don't see why anyone else can't.
            I knew this, but wasn't going to come right out and say it.... I'm still rollin about the chemical fire though.... lol

Comment

Sorry Kam, my brain doesn't want to fire correctly due to some issues I had as an infant so my thought processes are all over the radar.

Comment

Sorry, but this is a deal breaker for me. Good luck with future updates. I will not be a part of them.

Comment

Originally posted by oeconomia View Post
                  Sorry, but this is a deal breaker for me. Good luck with future updates. I will not be a part of them.
                  i agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                    I knew this, but wasn't going to come right out and say it.... I'm still rollin about the chemical fire though.... lol
                    I also understood this as do most, but it's wrong for Zygor not to admit it when asked, and I agree with the "chemical fire" line.

Comment

This is my problem and why I made the other thread I made.
                      If the launcher controls it, it's as simple as never running the launcher again after you buy it (heck I only run the launcher as it is when I run into problems or want an update for an event. I have probably run it about 10 times this year in total, most of those group closely together around cata launch).
                      If it's done some other way, I want to know what goes on with my computer, and even if I don't understand it fully, somebody else will if the information is out there, and shady things will be found out.

Comment

I don't see the team changing how the launcher works. As it is, it can only do what you tell it to. ie: Repair (removes and reinstalls the guides in accordance with your sub status), update (obvious), Launch WoW (also obvious). It's a simple program that is severely limited to a few small tasks. Besides, there is also the manual install option where you DL the guides in a zip archive and install them yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestaa View Post
                          I realize I am not an active participant in the forum arena; however, after reading these posts I felt compelled to become active on this issue. I am sure that "Zygor" has reviewed all aspects of their decision and believe that they have provided an acceptable compromise for the current members. Without reiterating everything that has already been said, I would like to offer this possible solution to Zygor. This may already have been addressed and, if so, I apologize for missing the information.

Possible solution: Offer the subscription to the current members at a somewhat reduced rate than what the new members will be paying.

This solution would be advantageous to both sides. Zygor will still be meeting their goal of a subscription based business and the current members will be receiving a discount based on their customer loyalty.
                          I would like this but I would also suggest that when a new xpack comes out that you bump the current customers up to new ones(hey I atleast had to try). like I said its not the price I want but hey what can you do. Atleast its not 15 bucks.

I like the subscription option but I all ready got the leveling dailies and events guide. I have wanted the professions guide for a VERY VERY long time. some of the new stuff is ok but it will bore me after a while. I like your guides they are the best but come on give me something. I need a OMG thing for me to really want to stay subscriped. I hope your able to provided that OMG type thing
                          All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                          LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                          LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                          LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                          LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                          LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                          LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                          LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

This is my problem and why I made the other thread I made.
                            If the launcher controls it, it's as simple as never running the launcher again after you buy it (heck I only run the launcher as it is when I run into problems or want an update for an event. I have probably run it about 10 times this year in total, most of those group closely together around cata launch).
                            If it's done some other way, I want to know what goes on with my computer, and even if I don't understand it fully, somebody else will if the information is out there, and shady things will be found out.
                            I have to agree with this. People will reverse engineer anything and everything they can get their hands on. So if there is something that alters my files (other than the launcher since its basically a installer and is expected to alter files although i want to know the changes) i would rather hear it from the designers of the product rather than read about it on some off-the-wall web site about how such-n-such is discretely changing files on your computer

Comment

at the moment i feel like you stole my money. is there an option to get my money back? becouse i really dont kno w why i bought theese guides. or maybe i will get a 10 month subscription cause i payed 60 $ .

Comment

I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed. I own (or thought I did) the Leveling, Daily and Event guides for both Horde and Alliance, but now to get what is in reality a small handful of comparably minor additional guides I have to pay $8 per month for what could be a 3-5 year game life? So your asking me to sign up for an additional $300-500 (over time) PLUS whatever upgrade fees may be around the corner? I can easily say you've lost a customer if you don't reconsider this change.

Comment

Working...
                                X