X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazzic518 View Post
    How are you going to accomplish that?
    Obviously our methods will remain confidential as to prevent efforts to circumvent the system. All that will be required is running the Zygor updater periodically, which you'll have to do anyway to get regular updates. That is all we are going to be discussing on this topic.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Thoughts

The prices are vastly different form the derived ones we got from the affiliates link.
      http://www.zygorguides.com/affiliates/

This either means you intended the $15/month price and did an emergency adjustment because you realized you would get no business with that price.
      OR
      You knew players would find the price and used it to make the NEW price seem like a good idea.

If it's the former, awesome, but I doubt that. The latter is quite a common and dirty way of advertizing.

Whatever the case might be, I have a question/suggestion for you.
      I'm curious why you didn't split the products up though, like this example
      #1 Leveling guides (+ event guides)
      #2 "new guides"
      #3 combo of #1 and #2 at a small discount

The leveling guides appeal to a different audience I should think, achievements, mounts/pets or whatever is something you worry about at the end of the game, at the level cap. There might be some overlap, but I can't imagine it is that substantial, and the combination would account for that anyway.

This way the old customers (who mostly have the leveling guides) wouldn't be at a disadvantage, $6 or $8 for the remaining content is still a pretty bad dead since the leveling guides is the foundation and the "meat" of the package.

I can of course only speak for myself, but I am not be interested in the rest of the guides at all if I can get the leveling guides permanently for a price, $6/month is too much for me to spend on the non-leveling guides.
      Granted I am now still somewhat interested because of the one-time upgrade, which is a step up from before.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
        Obviously our methods will remain confidential as to prevent efforts to circumvent the system.
        Um it is not rocket science you know. Either the guide is going to connect to a 3rd party server to auth the guide or you are going to use magic.

Comment

can someone tell me my benefits of this monthly fee? i own all guides at the moment.

do i need to pay the monthly fee to see the new guides? or will i get them for free till the next expension ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
            Obviously our methods will remain confidential as to prevent efforts to circumvent the system.
            Not to be rude.... but that sounds like hooey to me. You don't intend to mess in our files on our PC, and u won't tell us if we will have to login to a separate server every time we login to WOW to use the guides (we will have to know this eventually, if it's the case).... Here's what I think... this wasn't thought through....

Comment

Originally posted by jazerra View Post
              can someone tell me my benefits of this monthly fee? i own all guides at the moment.

do i need to pay the monthly fee to see the new guides? or will i get them for free till the next expension ?
              You will need to pay the subscription fee if you wish to obtain the new guides. Upgrades to your existing guides are also included in the subscription fee, but you will lose the upgraded content if you cancel your subscription.
              It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Netflix anyone?

I am not as avid a WoW player as many of you but I use my Zygor guides I have purchased each and every time I log on. I love the guides and the information provided in them. They are definitely the best I have used. That being said a monthly subscription fee doesn't really make sense to purchase for me unless I spend hours every day playing (which I don't). In fact I may not play for weeks at a time, but when I log on I love knowing my guides will be there. Now you are telling me that instead of purchasing the guides and having them available when I do have time to log on is going to cost me each month whether I use them or not.

This sounds like a copycat of what Netflix did to their customers. I cannot believe that with all your customers and fan base that you have to change the way you do things now.

Why not just raise your prices for a one time charge? Help this gal out. I need my WoW fix at time and to me Zygor guides are a big part of my enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                  Not to be rude.... but that sounds like hooey to me. You don't intend to mess in our files on our PC, and u won't tell us if we will have to login to a separate server every time we login to WOW to use the guides (we will have to know this eventually, if it's the case).... Here's what I think... this wasn't thought through....
                  QFT, at some point these files will have to be on our PC's. and if they are removed or altered from the time we start or close WoW (or even authenticating) then that is messing with files on our PC's

Comment

Since the guides themselves are in plain text, it'll be impossible if the Updater is never run.

That said, 5.99 is a lot smaller hit (And I only want Alliance) then the previous assumed 14.99

Subscription per year (One faction only): 71.88

Purchase the 6 new guides on the previous system in a one time hit (Assuming 40 each - again, Alliance only. Double for both): 240

Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by aere View Post
                      I am not as avid a WoW player as many of you but I use my Zygor guides I have purchased each and every time I log on. I love the guides and the information provided in them. They are definitely the best I have used. That being said a monthly subscription fee doesn't really make sense to purchase for me unless I spend hours every day playing (which I don't). In fact I may not play for weeks at a time, but when I log on I love knowing my guides will be there. Now you are telling me that instead of purchasing the guides and having them available when I do have time to log on is going to cost me each month whether I use them or not.

This sounds like a copycat of what Netflix did to their customers. I cannot believe that with all your customers and fan base that you have to change the way you do things now.

Why not just raise your prices for a one time charge? Help this gal out. I need my WoW fix at time and to me Zygor guides are a big part of my enjoyment.
                      The Netflix debate has been covered in the other main thread :P. You still have access to the guides you own now, and you can still upgrade them each time an expansion is released. However, to obtain the new guides that are released:

- Events
                      - Titles
                      - Achievements
                      - Pets & Mounts
                      - Leveling (new to some members, not all)
                      - Professions
                      - Dailies (new to some members, not all)
                      - Macros

Then you must have an active subscription with Zygor Guides.
                      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I am opposed to a monthly fee.

Charge me once, a fair price like you have always done.

Zygor has always been a superior product with a honest marketing scheme.

I had another leveling guide who changed things in midstream and went bankrupt.

I would say offer both options, monthly or flat, but it would be pretty strange to charge 6 bucks a month to help play a 15 buck a month game...

If we go to monthly, I will not play. But I am only one. I love Zygor guides, but I can live without them...

Just my $.02

Comment

Although, it isn't the price I would like I think its fair enough. I was never really against this in the first place. i would have liked this probley in the very start when I first bought the guide. i hated paying for updates.
                          All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                          LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                          LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                          LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                          LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                          LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                          LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                          LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Originally posted by jazerra View Post

We have always sold new guide products separately. They have never been included as part of our leveling guides (example: Dailies and Events sold separately). The new products can only be accessed with a subscription membership.

The benefits of the monthly fee include:
                            * Access to all the products you do not currently own including our 6 brand new products.
                            * Never having to pay any upgrade fees for expansion content (this was required for the past 5 years)
                            * Access to all future guides and products we ever make.

Comment

i think its not fair at all.
                              i mean i have payed 60$ for the guide

And now the new costumers pay 6$ for alk my guides and the new guides.
                              and i have to wait till the next expansion to get the subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                                No. You will not have to login to a separate server.

Comment

Working...
                                X