X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a bit more clarification

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I just wanted to get a little bit more clarification.

Firstly, I don't have any qualms about subscriptions or one time payments, but I just wanted to get this clear in my head - when I purchased my guide it came with lifetime updates - so my question is if I have lifetime updates why would I pay for a subscription?

Like I said all I'm looking for is to get this straight in my head.

Thanks

p.s - excellent product btw...

Comment

Theres an old addage used over here in the uk
      "if it aint broke ....dont fix it"

We use the same addage in Sweden

Do not change anything to the old customer. I like to pay only one time. That is it. When Zygor make a new guide i want to pay only one time. Like the guide and going to do so for the rest of my life in WoW.

Comment

I purchased all your guides except Horde versions. I accept and I am thankful that I will continue to own these guides and get free updates and upgrades on them for life. So that being said, why should I pay $5.99 per month for ever more, just to get the additional small guides such as as achievements and pets/mounts and I assume level guide 85-90, while your new customers also only pay $5.99pm and get everything i've got as well? How is that fair on existing customers? If you dropped the subscription fee for those of us who already own a big chunk of your guides, then I would be more inclined to subscribe, but so far, I'm not interested and IF I make any upgrades I will continue to purchase out right as that is still the cheaper option ($5.99 x 10 months = $59.90 which is similar to the pay in full price if I remember correctly, so any payment after month 10 is money for old rope. But if you stop paying, you lose access to your guides. wow, glad I OWN my guides).

I used the word 'IF' because to be honest, I also bought a competitor's in-game guide, which already includes achievements, mounts and pets, talents, professions, events, and a model viewer with their latest release. I have not referred to Zygor Guides since, as I find this other guide to be more accurate, faster at releasing updates, and quicker for levelling.

I will also be moving over to Mac soon and I have read on your forum that you still have problems with the Mac Updater. Also your Talent Build guide does not offer any alternatives to Zygor Builds and still has occasional errors. If you are going to offer us existing clients a subscription fee, then I feel you need to fix the bugs first, and reduce the monthly fee according to what we already own.

Comment

This is not a troll post, this is a true post.

Go to the blizz website and read the policy on addons, you will see that I am right.

I rang blizz customers services yesterday and they confirmed that third parties can NOT charge for addons.

Comment

Originally posted by playwow79 View Post
            The price is acceptable but I still have an important question before I will decide if I will subscribe: there will be a recurring charge for subscribers or we can pay for each month? I will subscribe if I can froze my Zygor account (like I can do in WoW) when I go to vacation or simply if I want take a break from WoW and activate it again when I play again.
            If are you going to offer a six month or a three month sub like WoW does it is fine for mee too.
            If there will be an auto charge till I cancel the subscription I won't probably subscribe.
            I'm not positive but I think it will be a recurring subscription. Zygor has said that there will be no problems with freezing/cancelling your subscription like you can do with WoW.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by andyst2409 View Post
              just to make sure you know
              the updates to the guides you have bought are free and will continue to be so
              becasue you have bought the guides already, you will be given the option to pay a 1 off payment for upgrades to those guides on release of new expansions (this has always been the case)

so i really fail to see your problem as i am in the same position with the guides as you and now we have it confirmed that our guides can be upgraded(new expansion content) for a 1 off fee like before rather than the subscription route, for us nothing has changed
              oops I have been a bit of a muppet - my question has already been answered.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by g00ner7175 View Post
                Hi,

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I just wanted to get a little bit more clarification.

Firstly, I don't have any qualms about subscriptions or one time payments, but I just wanted to get this clear in my head - when I purchased my guide it came with lifetime updates - so my question is if I have lifetime updates why would I pay for a subscription?

Like I said all I'm looking for is to get this straight in my head.

Thanks

p.s - excellent product btw...
                The subscription is for any guides you don't currently own. Any new guides that are released or new products (possibly guides for other games) and the upgrades for those guides are part of the subscription. If you do decide to get the subscription for the new guides then any future expansion upgrades for the guides you own will be covered as well. If you decide not to do the subscription then there will be an option for a small one time payment to upgrade your guides when a new expansion is released.

Comment

Farewell Zygor

Sorry Zygor but I am so hacked off with this whole deal.
                  1. The manner in which the subscription package was rolled out.
                  2. The total lack of respect shown to existing customers
                  3. The sycophantic moderators Cabby and Kamchak have not helped your cause at all with their high handed dismissive and downright how dare you question us attitude. Note for Zygor you may want to have a word with them telling your customers that they are idiots is probably not a great idea, just a thought.
                  4. The fact that we all know this is a last grab as much cash as we can business plan
                  5. And there at the end of the page the Affiliates link with the real company spirit is on display
                  Start selling Zygor guides now and start raking in the cash. Says it all.

I used to love your guides I recommend them to my guilds and friends. All that goodwill lost in your grab for cash.

Well sorry guys you will not be raking in anymore of my cash.

Do not bother Cabby or Kamchak I will not be coming back, your work here is done.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
                    This is not a troll post, this is a true post.

Go to the blizz website and read the policy on addons, you will see that I am right.

I rang blizz customers services yesterday and they confirmed that third parties can NOT charge for addons.
                    This addon policy has been in effect for quite some time now. It was in effect from before you purchased your guides. The difference here is that the addon (Zygor Guides Viewer) is completely free of charge and anyone can download it and update it with the trial version. What you are paying for are custom guides that can be used with the addon, not the addon. Since Zygor is not charging you for the addon and you can create your own guides that work with the addon he is not violating the Addon Policy. Zygor and his lawyers went over the Addon Policy when it went into effect and have made sure that Zygor is not violating the policy.

Comment

Originally posted by alz2011 View Post
                      Do not bother Cabby or Kamchak I will not be coming back, your work here is done.
                      Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        This addon policy has been in effect for quite some time now. It was in effect from before you purchased your guides. The difference here is that the addon (Zygor Guides Viewer) is completely free of charge and anyone can download it and update it with the trial version. What you are paying for are custom guides that can be used with the addon, not the addon. Since Zygor is not charging you for the addon and you can create your own guides that work with the addon he is not violating the Addon Policy. Zygor and his lawyers went over the Addon Policy when it went into effect and have made sure that Zygor is not violating the policy.
                        Yes that's what i remember from when i first look´t at the guide.
                        I thought he was referring to something new that they had say´d.

Comment

ala carte

2.99 for just the 6 new guides would probably get most people to get those while continuing their current pay one time guides.
                          Last edited by droid; September 28, 2011, 06:05 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by tengill View Post
                            Yes that's what i remember from when i first look´t at the guide.
                            I thought he was referring to something new that they had say´d.
                            99% of the time when someone claims that Zygor is violating the Addon Policy it's because they think of everything here as the addon. Then when they call Blizzard to ask about it the response is always the same because the person asking about it just says that Zygor is charging for the addon when he isn't. Blizzard cracked down on Carbonite because with that you had to pay to unlock features that were built into the addon such as the Warehouse stuff that lets you see what your other toons have in the bank. That was actually charging for the addon. In this case there have been GMs that understood how Zygor is handling this and said it was ok and if this was really a violation of the Addon Policy then Blizzard would have already cracked down on the guides like they did on Carbonite.

Comment

What your saying about addon policy is quite true.

But when you start to charge a subscription. That moves the goal posts.

Try to spinn it any way you like, but Zygor is charging a subscription for an addon.

Blizz will not have that.

They have said that they will not have that. I am not in the habit of making things up.

Comment

But the subscription is still only for the guide files and not the addon itself. Zygor will always have the addon free for anyone to use and create their own guide files as part of the trial version so he's still not charging for the addon.

Comment

Working...
                                X