OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, I own the Dailies and events guide for both the horde and the alliance, and I also own the Leveling guide for both the horde and the alliance. I bought thge guides because it saves me the initial 30 minutes of trying to figure out what to do....sometimes that 30 minutes is all I have, and Zygor helps me bypass that....For me I would have ended up paying close to 100 per year....Give and take some....seeing as I have both the horde and alliance, and that would be nothing compared to the 120 I paid for the set I have now at thge time I purchased mine that is what I spent....seeing as I buy the package deals...
    I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by brianb905 View Post
      Like i said, I see what you are saying. But I was not offered a subscription, nor was anyone else. It wasn't available. I already have 6 guides worth of money invested. I can't get this back. So let me rephrase. My future money spent would be less. New customers, you are right. It's less, but for existing, it isn't.
      I bought my guide over a year ago. I'm not new. Your previous investment was secure. Mine too. Zygor said so. Free updates and all. And the future was cheaper.

Comment

Sharlyne, you would only have paid if you wanted any of the new guides - your existing ones would have continued to be updated for life without you paying anything. You would have had to pay a one-time fee to obtain any NEW material brought in by new expansions.

However, it's a moot point now as there is no subscription. But it does mean you'll have to pay up front now if you want any of the new guides.

Comment

I know that, but even when I did get more guides, I still woukld have had to pay that much, as I play both the horde and alliance. I am perfectly happy and content with paying up front I like it best this way. I am happy being able to choose what guide's I want, and what guides I don't want. But also....My current guides would be worth sometihng, till the next expansion, to my understanding I would have had to pay a subscription fee then as well. But once I saw a new guide...Like I know i will want the mounts guide, Im a mount collector so it would be perfect, I would have had to pay a subscription, and still would have done the 7.99 since I play both horde and alliance and that adds up to $95.88 per year....stil lwould not be doable or fair to me I am happy he dropped the subscription...
          I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
          [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
            I bought my guide over a year ago. I'm not new. Your previous investment was secure. Mine too. Zygor said so. Free updates and all. And the future was cheaper.
            From what I've read, there aren't going to be many more expansions. There is no way to tell which is cheaper. Time will tell. I am under the impression I may pay 1 maybe 2 upgrades. That sounds cheaper to me. It really doesn't matter though. That wasn't my point. My point was that to make everyone happy, if it is possible, both payment options should be available. That way, you and I, we can agree to disagree, yet both remain happy!!

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
              Sharlyne, you would only have paid if you wanted any of the new guides - your existing ones would have continued to be updated for life without you paying anything. You would have had to pay a one-time fee to obtain any NEW material brought in by new expansions.

However, it's a moot point now as there is no subscription. But it does mean you'll have to pay up front now if you want any of the new guides.
              Yes...pay up when the new ones come out. And lots of people seem willing to do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by brianb905 View Post
                From what I've read, there aren't going to be many more expansions. There is no way to tell which is cheaper. Time will tell. I am under the impression I may pay 1 maybe 2 upgrades. That sounds cheaper to me. It really doesn't matter though. That wasn't my point. My point was that to make everyone happy, if it is possible, both payment options should be available. That way, you and I, we can agree to disagree, yet both remain happy!!
                Now that I can agree with.

And WoW has 3 more expansions, at least.

Comment

(I am one of those people willing to do that. I would much rather pay 50 dollars in one shot for a guide then have ot pay 95.88 a year....in the long run it would be more expensive to do that

Comment

Originally posted by sharlyne View Post
                    I know that, but even when I did get more guides, I still woukld have had to pay that much, as I play both the horde and alliance. I am perfectly happy and content with paying up front I like it best this way. I am happy being able to choose what guide's I want, and what guides I don't want. But also....My current guides would be worth sometihng, till the next expansion, to my understanding I would have had to pay a subscription fee then as well. But once I saw a new guide...Like I know i will want the mounts guide, Im a mount collector so it would be perfect, I would have had to pay a subscription, and still would have done the 7.99 since I play both horde and alliance and that adds up to $95.88 per year....stil lwould not be doable or fair to me I am happy he dropped the subscription...
                    So once you got all the mounts you sought, you'd have kept paying?

Comment

(I am one of those people willing to do that. I would much rather pay 50 dollars in one shot for a guide then have ot pay 95.88 a year....in the long run it would be more expensive to do that
                      I fear you misunderstood the subscription model.

Comment

I am ,a full blown mount collector, I want 10 85's so I would have wanted to continue to pay so I can get all of them the mount, but once you pay thst suyb fee it would have been for all the guides, stop the subscroption lose all the guides...so I would have had no choice but to pay to continue the leveling or dailies and events guides....and for ythe record I have 8 85's now working on my 9th....Thanks ot both Zygor and dugi's I been abkle to level 5 of them up to 85 in a couple months real time

Comment

I am ,a full blown mount collector, I want 10 85's so I would have wanted to continue to pay so I can get all of them the mount, but once you pay thst suyb fee it would have been for all the guides, stop the subscroption lose all the guides...so I would have had no choice but to pay to continue the leveling or dailies and events guides....and for ythe record I have 8 85's now working on my 9th....Thanks ot both Zygor and dugi's I been abkle to level 5 of them up to 85 in a couple months real time
                          Stopping the subscription would not have affected the guides you owned prior to subscribing. As I said, you misunderstood. It's ok tho, many others did, too.

Comment

The forum has a poll option it would have better if you had used that with the subscription plan idea.
                            After the video email that had the link to the board I said on the first page it would likely be both flat fee or sub. But Im still worried, I saw a post where Zygor put Something like now pay a low monthly fee instead of a insane fee. Either your trying to show the subscription was a better idea or your thinking we ripping our users off. Thats the way I feel.

Comment

What Zygor has done is alienate customers, which is not a good thing. Instead of deciding to go either/or, he decides to go all or nothing, which I just can't understand. It's a stupid decision, period. I would really like to know the thought process behind this. You could please both parties, but you end up deciding to say "screw you" to half of them.

I am sorry if I'm coming off as combative, but I'm a little irked right now. It's annoying that you say you've "listened to your customers" - what about all of your customers who actually wanted this to happen? What do they get? As it stands now, all we've gotten is a slap in the face and a "you're not important to us."
                              I couldnt Agree more with the OP , I for one cannot afford to purchase all these guides in a lump sum payment...I was really excited about the sub method of payment...but now I am feel very disenfranchised.

I hope you will see the right of it and offer both methods on the day of release.

Comment

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
                                Stopping the subscription would not have affected the guides you owned prior to subscribing. As I said, you misunderstood. It's ok tho, many others did, too.
                                I don't think she misunderstood. She doesn't own the mount guide. It isn't out yet. She would have had to pay for all 11 guides just to get the mount guide. I'm sure the mount guide, at buyout price, wouldn't be more than a few months worth of the full sub. If there isn't a buy option, there should be the option to sub to mount only, at a lower price of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X