OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have since adjusted some things within our business that has granted us more flexibility and freedom. Subscriptions was more of a long term plan, and may still play a role later on. However, we are confident in our ability to accomplish the necessary growth our business needs, while at the same time continuing to keep our customers happy. It is far from over, so I guess you all would do well to learn to love gnomes! :-P
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Love Gnome Punting!! Yes!!!
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
        We have since adjusted some things within our business that has granted us more flexibility and freedom. Subscriptions was more of a long term plan, and may still play a role later on. However, we are confident in our ability to accomplish the necessary growth our business needs, while at the same time continuing to keep our customers happy. It is far from over, so I guess you all would do well to learn to love gnomes! :-P
        Very good to hear!

still... offering a subscription plan as well as upfront purchase upon launch would be baller

Comment

When/If you decide to ever add the subscription plan Zygor I will be one of the first to sign up for it. And I hope you will add a option at that time to be able to pay something for more than a month by month plan. That was the only misgiving I had about the sub plan. It's just something that I like about sub plans.
          WoW= 6 month sub
          Rift=was 6 month but they just released a year plan and I joined the year plan.
          SWTOR= 6 month when it comes out.
          Like I said it's just a personal preference for sub plans so I hope to see you offer something like it.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I was excited for the subscription method. And I do hope that you proceed in the future to offer such a payment option.

I dare put for the notion, that every single person who has purchased this or any other guide, eats out at a fast food restaurant at least twice per month and guaranteed once per month. A Zygor sub is the price of a value meal, cheaper still if you factor the cost of gas/insurance for travel to and from the eatery. Access to all guides anytime, turn off access when not needed or necessary, reactivate when desired. And all cheaper per year than purchasing all guides at retail. A subscription base provides the consistent cash flow required and incentive to maintain and produce the highest quality standard possible for your product. This is a more than fair trade and monumentally valuable to both Zygor and your customers.

Here's a hint guys...THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, but he does always have a free choice. In fact they are very frequently WRONG about a great many things most of the time. They have every right in the world to protest the way you manage your business by simply choosing to not engage in the trade. They DO NOT however have the right to dictate via protest and whining how you make your business decisions. To capitulate to the squeaky wheels demanding grease, you have proven yourselves susceptible to more of the same in the future. Complaining customers have been rewarded for your lack of backbone, and if you do not offer a subscription plan at this point you will never know for sure if it was a good idea or not, let alone a mistake.

The proof will be in the numbers. It is not possible except by the exercising of price choices made by your paying customers to know if subs was a mistake or not. You should proceed with a subscription option and let the proof be provided by where your customers choose to vote with their money. The free man has options. You have many customers who would love to use your subscription option that do not want to purchase outright, and who also do not care to post on these forums. But you would see their decision based on the hard numbers of their chosen purchase path.

You did not make a mistake Zygor with your decision to pioneer a sub based guides model, but your introduction to the change however was a mistake. You did not address the concerns of your customers with your introduction video, instead you chose to provide information on things that your customer has no stake in, such as the need for large far away company's to stay relevant with changing marketplace conditions. Your customers want help playing their favorite game not an education on the forces that led to your decision. After confusing your customers with this information, you then told them that you were going to charge them a subscription at the end of the video and that this was AWESOME...but you have to wait a week more to find out what we meant.

And to my knowledge you have a very loyal customer base that is excited and waiting patiently for a preview of your new guides....yet to be released...but no mention of them in your announcement video. How bout a preview of these guides showing the level of quality, attention and ease of use we've come to expect? Give us a price point at which we can take advantage of these guides...then introduce an exciting new way to gain access to your product via a subscription option. Provide illustrations of purchasing each guide separately vs yearly subscription. And then add value to the subscription by offering a per month, per three month, per six month, or per year price breaks for the subs.

Show your customers your commitment to excellence and value via multiple price points to accommodate everyone's budget no matter how they choose to do business with you. Want to purchase the best guides available a la carte? DONE! Want to purchase guides bundled for added value? DONE! Want free lifetime bug fixes/improvements to purchased guides? DONE! Want all this for one low monthly subscription fee? DONE! Want to purchase the next expansion, AND the new guide when it's ready? DONE!

So keep your current business model to satisfy your current happy (though complaining) customers who want to use it, and also offer a sub based plan for those of us that would prefer that method. And never ever admit you made a mistake by offering CHOICES to how your customers gain access to what you produce. And never ever ever be ashamed of being successful at helping your customers be successful by using your product.

I for one will not be making any future purchases for any Zygor guide unless it is offered via an all access subscription as was being offered. And here's why:

Purchase Alliance/Horde bundle: $60.00
            Purchase Dailies Alliance/Horde bundle : $50.00
            Note: After becoming a member you receive an offer for guide addon at a very respectable one time offer discount.

Total retail cost for all released guides visible to new customer: $60 + $50 = $110.00
            No option for refund if you do not need nor want to use the guide after your gaming goals are complete.

Access to all available released visible guides with all advantages of membership subscription: $7.99
            Total subscription cost per year: $7.99 X 12 months = $95.88

Cancel your subscription anytime or re-activate anytime. Want to re-roll a new character level professions etc, subscribe, accomplish your in-game goals of leveling, cancel sub. If you did this in a single month you've taken advantage of Zygor's incredible value for only $7.99. Nuff said, but after experiencing what Zygor can do, you'll want to keep that sub going cause it adds an incredible amount of value to your gaming experience to the point you'll feel naked with out it.

If you combine the volume pricing Blizzard offers with Zygor at this price point, the subscription becomes even more of a no brainer.

Wow Sub plans:
            Base cost: $14.99/month
            Per year = $14.99 X 12 = $179.88

Three month re-curing $41.97 or $13.99/month
            Per year = $13.99 X 12 = $167.88 (save $12.00)

Six month re-curing $77.94 or $12.99/month
            Per year = $12.99 X 12 = $155.88 (save $24.00)

I hope if you've read this far in the lengthy post you understand what it means to pay for wow twice per year instead of every month. You are basically getting nearly two months of the year free of wow at the six month discount compared to the normal base rate. Now take that savings and apply it to a Zygor subscription.

Zygor Sub = $95.88/yr - $24.00 = $71.88
            $71.88/12 = $5.99/mo

So using the six month discount you save enough to gain access to both horde and alliance Zygor sub price point for the price of a single faction.

So what would that mean for those of you who don't want both factions? As illustrated above, simple math provides an answer.

Zygor guide single faction sub $5.99
            Per year cost $5.99 X 12 = $71.88

Blizzard discount savings $24.00

$71.88 - $24.00 = 47.88/yr
            $47.88/12 = $3.99/month

$3.99 PER MONTH PEOPLE. Zygor did you and themselves a favor. They offered a ridiculous amount of value and access for a ridiculous price. And you have complained yourselves right out of this value. Some 4th grade math can be very revealing. You win as a customer by unprecedented access at a steal of a price, they win by having a constant income stream per month. That would provide Zygor the revenue to grow and improve, upgrade and employ, and speed up their development. Also, it means they are less likely to close down due to a lack of funding. If that happens then no more Zygor, let alone subscriptions.

Zygor, forge ahead with your pricing model, and keep in mind that some very 'gnomish-like' individuals boldly marched straight through the darkness of Mordor and won.

Comment

Thank you for this. I usually plan the money I am gonna spend when an expansion comes out. I save the money to buy not only the expansion but also the Zygor Guides expansion upgrade for the new levels. The lump sum doesn't bother me cause it only happens once every expansion.

I do like the idea of you offering the subscription to those who want it. The only thing that I really wanted was the option to buy the product outright. There is nothing saying that you can't offer both methods. I do commend you on your swift response to the communities reaction. I think that you have just reaffirmed the entire community's confidence not only in this product but the people behind Zygor Guides too.

Thanks again Zygor. You guys still rock!

Comment

Originally posted by thaddru View Post
                Zygor, forge ahead with your pricing model, and keep in mind that some very 'gnomish-like' individuals boldly marched straight through the darkness of Mordor and won.
                I was digging your post and supporting it until I saw this at the end

but really, sub plan ftw

Comment

thaddru has the right idea. i can't afford the new guides right now. I am starting my own business and I don't have anything coming in just yet.

I could have afforded 6 bucks though. 2 months of my family drinking soda would have paid for 3 months subscription.

I really do hope you have a subscription plan here soon.

Yes I did read the other post that was posted a while ago. I am glad your going to be able to stick around.
                  All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                  LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                  LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                  LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                  LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                  LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                  LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                  LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

i hope you will be able to have subscriptions one day. i can't afford to buy all the guides and the subscriptions would have been a dream come true at that price.

Comment

Professions & Achievements guides revealed!
                      http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?11604

Closing this one down to keep the conversation in one place.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                      X