OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
    I love the idea of "renting", thanks. But not that "Rent to Own" mess.
    I don't understand.

1) pay x amount for 6 - 12 months and you own something at the end.
    2) pay x for the same period and you don't own it.

I don't understand what is not to like about spreading the payment to own something rather than paying more than someone who has purchased it outright and never own it.

Comment

Originally posted by rscgamer View Post
      I don't understand.

1) pay x amount for 6 - 12 months and you own something at the end.
      2) pay x for the same period and you don't own it.

I don't understand what is not to like about spreading the payment to own something rather than paying more than someone who has purchased it outright and never own it.
      If I own it, I have to buy upgrades. If I rent, upgrades are free.

Plus, if I rent, I can suspend it for a month or 2 if I need a break.

And if I leave WoW? I simply stop renting.

Comment

Hello Zygor,

You have made me a happy camper, as I would not have done the Sub thing. I currently pay for 3 games (Subs), and The Old Republic is due out yet another sub. So I thank you for bringing the one time back! I do agree though a choice for either sub or one time is the best way to go, and as you can't implement it now it will be something for the future. As a businessman I like the sub better Lastly I just want to say thank you for all the great guides, as its been amazing and a blessing to use on all my toons to either level or find quests that I have missed for some reason or another. Friends dont actually like leveling with me cause I go to fast, and I don't sit around and read all the Quests (Cause I have already done them once).

Thank you again, and awesome work! (LOVE the guides!)

Comment

To all asking about the subscription option, the truth is that it needs more thought. We need to be very certain of the price the subscription needs to be in order to realistically support all the demands of new content, new features, etc, that comes along with the word "Subscription". We've realized that expectations of what you get each and every month is incredibly higher simply by calling it a "subscription", even if it takes 3-4 years to pay the same price as buying all the products with one-time fees. This is just something we didn't think enough about, so we need to determine if it's realistically possible to maintain with those expectations with such a low fee. We simply don't know, and that's why we're holding back on that for now.

If we reintroduce subscriptions, we may add a way for you to choose which products would be included in the subscription, and the price fluctuates depending on that. This would solve the issue people have mentioned about how they feel like they're paying for guides they don't even want. Things like that have entered into our thought process and the honest answer is we really need to think hard about it. We were thinking of it simply as a lower barrier to entry to get our products, but it has become clear that many customers would not perceive subscriptions in that same way. So we just need to make sure we can meet those expectations at that price point.

We hope you understand and we really do apologize for the letdown. :-(
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Maybe have both plans? Surly it would be possible. As for me I own zygor guides but wouldn't pay a sub cause I'm not currently playing WoW anyway. Now I might start playing again in the future and at that time I'd be more willing to pay a single price to get new guides than sub since I don't play constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgii View Post
              Hello Zygor,

You have made me a happy camper, as I would not have done the Sub thing. I currently pay for 3 games (Subs), and The Old Republic is due out yet another sub. So I thank you for bringing the one time back! I do agree though a choice for either sub or one time is the best way to go, and as you can't implement it now it will be something for the future. As a businessman I like the sub better Lastly I just want to say thank you for all the great guides, as its been amazing and a blessing to use on all my toons to either level or find quests that I have missed for some reason or another. Friends dont actually like leveling with me cause I go to fast, and I don't sit around and read all the Quests (Cause I have already done them once).

Thank you again, and awesome work! (LOVE the guides!)
              Why can't they implement it now? They were a week away from it! Surely they had it prepared?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                To all asking about the subscription option, the truth is that it needs more thought. We need to be very certain of the price the subscription needs to be in order to realistically support all the demands of new content, new features, etc, that comes along with the word "Subscription". We've realized that expectations of what you get each and every month is incredibly higher simply by calling it a "subscription", even if it takes 3-4 years to pay the same price as buying all the products with one-time fees. This is just something we didn't think enough about, so we need to determine if it's realistically possible to maintain with those expectations with such a low fee. We simply don't know, and that's why we're holding back on that for now.

If we reintroduce subscriptions, we may add a way for you to choose which products would be included in the subscription, and the price fluctuates depending on that. This would solve the issue people have mentioned about how they feel like they're paying for guides they don't even want. Things like that have entered into our thought process and the honest answer is we really need to think hard about it.

So it's really about money? Ok...now I just feel cheated.

Glad I saved that first promo video.

Comment

Smart Move!!!

So far I have just sat back and watched this change in events, but as a former small business owner myself, I know how hard it is to please your client base. I applaud you for actually listening to your customers unlike many other businesses don't do.

I believe the option that has been mentioned many times is a good one..... offer both a one time purchased guide as you now do, and offer a subscription service. I believe you will make both your current clients happy but gain many new ones that can not necessarily afford to pay "up front" so to speak.

Anyway, I say Bravo to Zygor!!! they know how to listen and adapt!!!

Comment

I will honestly say it isn't a let down at all. I can't speak for everyone but I appreciate that you took everything into play like keeping up with a monthly demand and churning out new products. As someone who has done the business side to things there is no shame in trying new things. What says that your good at what you do is the fact that you tried and instead of being stubborn said "ok well this won't work". This honestly is what says you care about what we want as most business owners just see $$ and figure everyone will deal.

Thank you for listening to our concerns and I personally apologize if anything I said came off harsh in what I said.
                    --PvP Junkie--

Comment

I would assume its an either or situation. Either Sub or no Sub, but I am just guessing at this. When making an online system certian things need to happen. Also it would take a little longer then the 5 days Zygor has to retool the whole accounting system to make it work for both, and at the same time keep all his clients happy with the correct pricepoint.

Comment

Wow, how did you get that from what he said? It's about supply and demand we pay 1 time upfront fee and he can focus on the next. What he was saying is "if people payed monthly" they would then be required to churn out products quite often to make it worth it. This isn't something a small company can do.
                        --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Why would you feel cheated when he has removed the Sub, and listened to the majority of the community?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgii View Post
                            Why would you feel cheated when he has removed the Sub, and listened to the majority of the community?
                            Because there are people that wanted the subscription, which would have saved them money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                              Because there are people that wanted the subscription, which would have saved them money.
                              Exactly. Not everyone can afford $100+ for all the guides.

Comment

If we reintroduce subscriptions, we may add a way for you to choose which products would be included in the subscription, and the price fluctuates depending on that. This would solve the issue people have mentioned about how they feel like they're paying for guides they don't even want. Things like that have entered into our thought process and the honest answer is we really need to think hard about it. We were thinking of it simply as a lower barrier to entry to get our products, but it has become clear that many customers would not perceive subscriptions in that same way. So we just need to make sure we can meet those expectations at that price point.

Hey Zygor,

Shove that in a mail so everyone sees it, that post imho requires a mail of its own (not everyone looks through all the pages in forums).

Thanks,

demon012

Comment

Working...
                                X