OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news!

I likely would not have left Zygor guides, even if the new subs came out. For better or for worse I am staying with Zygor guides.
    I hope you guys come up with another plan to bring in a more substantial income, and a nice profit. Great guides guys.
    Current project:
    Level 46 Dranei Paladin > To level 85 (1st priority)
    Level 1 Night Elf Druid > To level 85 (2nd priority)
    Level 9 Dwarf Hunter > To level 85 (3rd priority)
    Level 8 Night Elf Warrior > To level 85 (4th Priority)

Comment

Originally posted by roblinz_10 View Post
      I was also under the assumption that subscription based Addons were against Blizzards EULA.
      The addon is free, but not the guides. So it is not against Blizzard's EULA.
      Wildhammer EU
      Magedaveo (60) - Chaoslight (60) - Meldinor* (50) - Daveodruid (50) - Maldinor (45) - Chaoswrath (45) - Daveohunter (45)
      Daveodk (45) - Melorius (41) - Arthaskiller* (40) - Neosaurus* (40)

Thunderhorn EU
      Malock (60) - Voidemorte (60) - Thunderbolts (50) - Malpaw* (45) - Malthorn* (40)

*Horde Characters

Comment

What about the users who were looking forward to the subscription based model? This sux. Can't you offer both now. I haven't bought anything but upgrades because I can't afford a one time payment. I really want the new guides. The subscription model was going to get me back into wow. Stop listening to the haters. Everyone complained about the new Facebook changes as well. Guess what? They got over it because they are still using Facebook.

Changing pricing plans back and forth shows a lack of confidence in what you think your product is worth. That makes me less confident in buying anything outside the leveling guides.

What happened to the gold guide?

Comment

If losing customers is the fear. You've just lost me and my guild mates. I know a few dozen that were looking to try zygors for the first time because of the new subscription model.

Comment

Originally posted by tjstalcup View Post
            What about the users who were looking forward to the subscription based model? This sux. Can't you offer both now. I haven't bought anything but upgrades because I can't afford a one time payment. I really want the new guides. The subscription model was going to get me back into wow. Stop listening to the haters. Everyone complained about the new Facebook changes as well. Guess what? They got over it because they are still using Facebook.
            Zygor has said that they are going to re-think the subscription thing and there's still the possibility that they will roll out subscriptions as an option in addition to the one time payments that have been used up until now.

Changing pricing plans back and forth shows a lack of confidence in what you think your product is worth. That makes me less confident in buying anything outside the leveling guides.
            Zygor thought everyone would be happy with subscriptions since it wasn't as big of a wallet hit. He now knows that his customers didn't like that idea. It's just a matter of what he thought the customers wanted compared to what they did want.

What happened to the gold guide?
            Originally the Gold guide was hinted at back when making gold was a bit more difficult. Since then Blizzard has made it so that making gold is much easier. The Professions guide that will be released shortly will more or less be the Gold guide since right now gathering and professions are really where you make gold in the game other than trying to farm dungeons for BoE drops or farming specific mobs for rare drops.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would have preferred the sub method myself. Hope you'll be able to offer this soon
              I can't wait to see the new guides with Macros, as I use them alot, and spend lots and lots of time finding good ones.

Comment

It's pretty clear. You read first email. You don't like, you post. Most of us who liked it, did not know there was an uproar. Now I get this email, and I'm pissed. I know a few who said, "what is going on? This looks so unprofessional". Please give me subs. I will look for a better place to put my money.

Comment

I would have preferred the subscription service.

Comment

Not everyone thinks subscriptions are a bad idea. If you don't offer both options, you're going to alienate customers. All you've proven is that if forum users are loud enough you will lose confidence in your own decisions, that is not a good sign. I informed my wife that there are no more subscriptions. You can imagine her response. Another small payment ala Netflix had us both in board. Now she has a bad taste in her mouth. I think we're both done for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                      To all asking about the subscription option, the truth is that it needs more thought. We need to be very certain of the price the subscription needs to be in order to realistically support all the demands of new content, new features, etc, that comes along with the word "Subscription". We've realized that expectations of what you get each and every month is incredibly higher simply by calling it a "subscription", even if it takes 3-4 years to pay the same price as buying all the products with one-time fees. This is just something we didn't think enough about, so we need to determine if it's realistically possible to maintain with those expectations with such a low fee. We simply don't know, and that's why we're holding back on that for now.

If we reintroduce subscriptions, we may add a way for you to choose which products would be included in the subscription, and the price fluctuates depending on that. This would solve the issue people have mentioned about how they feel like they're paying for guides they don't even want. Things like that have entered into our thought process and the honest answer is we really need to think hard about it. We were thinking of it simply as a lower barrier to entry to get our products, but it has become clear that many customers would not perceive subscriptions in that same way. So we just need to make sure we can meet those expectations at that price point.

We hope you understand and we really do apologize for the letdown. :-(
                      This confirms it. It had nOthing to do with complaints and more to do with putting the horse before the cart. Why tease us. I'm done with this thread, this site and all it's products. You've made an angry customer for life. A customer who used to spread your name as gospel online even when being made fun of for using a leveling guide. Now this customer will be blogging and explicitly helping to maintain a negative association with the word Zygor. You've proven again that you are all abou promising more than you can deliver.

Comment

So... Does this mean the new guides will be out early?

Comment

Originally posted by tjstalcup View Post
                          This confirms it. It had nOthing to do with complaints and more to do with putting the horse before the cart. Why tease us. I'm done with this thread, this site and all it's products. You've made an angry customer for life. A customer who used to spread your name as gospel online even when being made fun of for using a leveling guide. Now this customer will be blogging and explicitly helping to maintain a negative association with the word Zygor. You've proven again that you are all abou promising more than you can deliver.
                          You sound like one of my exes.

However, best of luck.

And since you claim you won't be back, best of luck in life.
                          Also, at the end of the day... this is a leveling guide... for a video game. Why get soooooooo worked up for something so small?

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
                            Per what I've seen on facebook, all guides including the new ones will be for sale again on Oct 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
                              I think the preview video on the main page right now said Saturday. I'm not positive tho and will have to watch it again. The countdown on the main page says 5 days.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just checked Facebook again, does seem the guides will be out on the 4th, New and Old guides.
                                With the prices will be about 25-40 bucks, like normal.

Subject to change of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X