No announcement yet.

Healing Lesson anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to respec my druid from boomkin to healer at level 59 and after about a dozen totally failed randoms I decided that, at this point in time, I don't like to play a healer.

My guild insists the 10man ICC runs has 1 shammy heal in there so that class must do something good. *shrug*

From a tank's point of view .... I hate, let me stress that again, H A T E pally healers. About one out of every 15 is worth their weight. Even that one is no where near as good as the other healing classes. I will say out of many many randoms there was one run I was glad to have a pally healer. On the last boss in heroic FoS the DPSers did not listen to "stop attacking" causing all three to die. The fight took a long time but we two-manned Devourer of Souls. The shammy seems to do an OK job keeping me alive and if they are trigger happy they seem to hold up better against a hit or two. My absolute favorite are tree heals. When I see a tree in the party I know it is an easy run. My tanking and their healing ... we can have three crappy DPS and still finish without a wipe. IMHO a 4600GS tree is as good as a 5000GS shammy/priest/pally.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Tree heals r wicks I they no what to do!!!
      Some just don't but that goes with all classes lol

I gota resto spec I'm about to try
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0VG0uZZf0fuiuxVuVhsVo
      Enjoy If u wanna try em out
      and a boomkin spec...
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0xG0uiIscdIVhouZbxcdb
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
        This is why I hate trying to answer the 'which toon should I play' questions.

For me, resto druid is the best healing spec for me.

Just depends on the player.... but no one listens.
        Not to be "douchy" but SP is actually a garbage stat for pallies. Granted, SP will come inherently with gear, but you never want to gem for it. Always gem for Int. unless you need to activate your meta. MP5 is a solid stat, but your main source of mana regen will actually come from your melee swings. ALWAYS run with seal of wisdom and auto attack the boss, your spellcasts won't remove you from auto-attacking so in the split seconds in between your heals you'll hit with a weak attack (who cares) but you'll gain a percentage of your maximum mana; since Int. increases the amount of mana you have seal of wisdom becomes much more efficient. On movement-heavy fights MP5 is your best bet, so keep some of that too, I'm just saying that pallies should never run out of mana if you're playing them correctly.

@ Anaticus: Clearly you've never met my priest or pally, nobody dies on my watch lol
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

That actually is an excellent post... thanks.
          As of right now my pally is lvl 78, 1 1/2 bars to 80, and is prot/ret.
          Once I hit 80 Im switching to prot/holy.
          So your post helps out a lot there. I guess caster heals and holy pallies are much more different than I thought.
          Im gunna be bugging you when I spec holy now, muahahahahah.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            That actually is an excellent post... thanks.
            As of right now my pally is lvl 78, 1 1/2 bars to 80, and is prot/ret.
            Once I hit 80 Im switching to prot/holy.
            So your post helps out a lot there. I guess caster heals and holy pallies are much more different than I thought.
            Im gunna be bugging you when I spec holy now, muahahahahah.
            Lol, not a problem. I'm glad you got the fact that I was trying to be helpful without being insulting.

Another way you can really help your party is by using seal of wisdom; only if you have a spare GCD, and even then there isn't a guarantee it will hit since healers don't go for hit rating. In any event, when your seal works all the attacking toons in your party will gain a small amount of mana in addition to whatever Replenishment gives, which can really help out on longer fights. Other than that... become really good at swimming, you're the best choice to heal Valithria.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

As I said Skippy, one in 15 or so Pally healers are good, problem is the percentage of good pally healers is really low so as a generalization I simply hate pally healers. Also as I said I will stay until the first wipe or death after the 15min mark so if the pally healer is good I'll know within the first five minutes. The problem is the huge number of people who think they can play a pally as a healer really hurts the class as a whole. My guide has about 3-4 pally healers and two are good, one is learning but does ok. So i know good ones exist, they are just really rare
              Cairne Realm

Comment

Are your pally heals trying to be raid or 5man healers?
                Thats just setting themselves up to fail. Pallies are tank healers.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I do not know exacts but from what I see they are a combo of raid, heroics and PvP. I hear them chatting about PvP and raiding and see them run heroics with me time to time. But, my pally does not raid. Believe it or not my guild is actually tank heavy right now and they always ask me to get the mage on instead of the pally when they run a raid. Even still, my time for sitting at the computer is limited per day so I can not sit for the duration of a raid so typically I do not raid at all. I would like to but the wife is getting a bit picky about WoW time so trying to balance real life with the game right now. As such i have not even logged in for almsot a week
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

Working...
                  X